The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Oaken+DarkCon+SuperLowPopCap= worst Cyro PvP experience in history of ESO

EdmondDontes
EdmondDontes
✭✭✭✭✭
The PvP playing experience in cyrodiil just keeps getting worse and worse. More out of balance, more neglected and more toxic. Between Oakensoul, Dark Convergence and rediculously low population caps the game is so out of balance that it is currently the worst PvP experience in the history of ESO. Ball groups are stronger than ever when using these new sets and mythics.

Why? Why is ZOS doing such a poor job of maintaining cyrodiil and the PvP portion of their game?
Edited by EdmondDontes on June 27, 2022 6:54PM
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    aoe tests were the worst.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aoe tests were the worst.

Ball groups are the players that are abusing broken god mode sets like Dark Convergence and sucking the fun out of Cyrodiil for most of the other players.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/608637/project-nova-ballgroup-video-guide-yes-or-no
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence pulling me every few seconds was driving me away from open world for awhile...now we've got Brokensoul and I can't seem to find a reason to play anymore.
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even ravenswatch suffers from this ball group affliction and is slowly driving the casual players away. These ball groupers will soon have nobody to fight because ravenswatch population is the lowest I have seen it.

• Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thought i would never have to say this but ravenwatch is simply dead and so there is no reason for me to play anymore
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just came back to the game after a long break and have to say not enjoying it. It looks like Zos has given up trying to balance the game. They nerf things for being op then release even more powerful things like Oken. I fought a DK who popped corrosive armor then proceeded to hit me with 5k whips while i tickled him with my 6.5k spell power and 17k penetration. I was well beaten by a player using 1 skill and an ulti. I have been 1 shotted by a 37k heavy attack and fought a 10 min fight with a player on top of a tower where the lag was so bad we were hitting each other with light attacks because our skills wouldn't fire.
    Then there is these ball groups with their dark convergence and vicious death sets running around in circles and if they know what they are doing are hard as hell to kill.
    Before i left the game I was playing in Ravenswatch because you never got any ball groups there, well you do now and that campaign is all but dead so its back to wading through treacle while trying to get your skills to fire in the Gray Host.
    I have lost all confidence in Zos being able to fix pvp or get any sense of balance in the game.
    Not sure how much longer i will be playing this game which is a shame because i have played since launch and have invested a lot of time in it but to be honest it is rarely fun now.
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's and idea. Everyone cryo wear it and form a ball.group. That way we can all just run around and pull each other in. Really.though dark convergence needs removed from pvp. It never should have been allowed in pvp and it is astonishing it has went on this.long.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just came back to the game after a long break and have to say not enjoying it. It looks like Zos has given up trying to balance the game. They nerf things for being op then release even more powerful things like Oken. I fought a DK who popped corrosive armor then proceeded to hit me with 5k whips while i tickled him with my 6.5k spell power and 17k penetration.

So what I've been noticing, not just in your reply but in other threads, is that Corrosive is what is mentioned when people complain about Oakensoul.

Corrosive is the true problem here. It's an OP ultimate and Oakensoul is making it worse. If anything corrosive needs to affect only physical attacks, preferably only melee attacks although I don't think the game can differentiate melee from ranged physical.

It should not affect non-physical attacks like heavy inferno or whip

Ideally it shouldn't be affecting the DK's attacks at all. It's a defensive ultimate. It's Corrosive Armor not Corrosive Weapon. It's already limiting incoming damage to 3% of your health while damaging enemies nearby with AOE poison.

Oakensoul is not the true offender here.

IMO Corrosive Armor should be re-worked so that it mitigates incoming damage to 3% of your health, damages nearby enemies with an AOE poison, and lowers the physical and spell resistance of anyone hitting you with a physical melee attack. That keeps it a truly defensive ultimate.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I was killed twice by unbreakable CC from Dark Convergence topped with smash ulti....FROM A DEAD PLAYER!

Yes, Dark Convergence and smash still finish and do damage EVEN WHEN THE PLAYER IS DEAD.

....nothing out of balance here....nothing to see here....just move along.....
  • Zski
    Zski
    ✭✭✭
    Oakensoul damage is totally out of whack (Serpent is also super high but at least has a real drawback to build around).

Oneshot damage is totally out of whack

Meta response: Very few 1vXers 1vX anymore, because you just literally can't, and have conglomerated into 4-6 mans with dedicated healing.

The previous 4-6s have conglomerated into 12s with excessive healing.

So now we get a fun PvP experience where your options are either being oneshot from stealth with no recourse, or endlessly channeling infinite damage into entire stacks of people that can play as recklessly as they want because it's effectively impossible for them to die to anything but another coordinated group. Grab six with Agony or DCon and ulti bomb and theyre topped off before your animation finishes. Can't even effectively snare them because the good ones are 12/12 snowtreaders, and CC just doesn't matter anyway because they're healing 60000k hp/s. But our best antiheal is still like, Solder of Anguish that can eat a massive 1 Mutagen tick every 7 seconds.

More and more ballgroups in Cyro, less and less solo and even small small scale. Casual PvP basically doesn't exist anymore in any real sense. Reminds me of GW2 or late-stage DAoC RvR where it was Ball v Ball and literally nothing and no one else could ever matter under any circumstances.

Server performance also taking a massive dive this week. Feels like Old Cyro. Nothing goes off and all your hits are ghosted.

I wonder why?
    Dead account. Y'all deserve each other.

GLHF.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zski wrote: »
    Oakensoul damage is totally out of whack (Serpent is also super high but at least has a real drawback to build around).

Oneshot damage is totally out of whack

Meta response: Very few 1vXers 1vX anymore, because you just literally can't, and have conglomerated into 4-6 mans with dedicated healing.

The previous 4-6s have conglomerated into 12s with excessive healing.

So now we get a fun PvP experience where your options are either being oneshot from stealth with no recourse, or endlessly channeling infinite damage into entire stacks of people that can play as recklessly as they want because it's effectively impossible for them to die to anything but another coordinated group. Grab six with Agony or DCon and ulti bomb and theyre topped off before your animation finishes. Can't even effectively snare them because the good ones are 12/12 snowtreaders, and CC just doesn't matter anyway because they're healing 60000k hp/s. But our best antiheal is still like, Solder of Anguish that can eat a massive 1 Mutagen tick every 7 seconds.

More and more ballgroups in Cyro, less and less solo and even small small scale. Casual PvP basically doesn't exist anymore in any real sense. Reminds me of GW2 or late-stage DAoC RvR where it was Ball v Ball and literally nothing and no one else could ever matter under any circumstances.

Server performance also taking a massive dive this week. Feels like Old Cyro. Nothing goes off and all your hits are ghosted.

I wonder why?

Solo play in cyro is almost an unworkable proposition now days. It just keeps getting less and less fun with every "fix" and chapter release.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played solo GH NA PC today for the first time since High Isle dropped.

It was fun, tried the oakensoul ring on my stamblade for a bit but missed the second bar. EP ballgroup vapourised by VD (yes on a stamblade) PB and the buffed Occult Overload from 35m, I admit they were not a top tier group.

The same groups were doing the same things, Faregyl resource flipping, pvdooring BM then running out the back door to ride to pvdoor BB, then on to Vlas-Brindle. The Alessia bridge fight was in full flight, as were the Alessia lumbermill and Roebeck farm tower runners.

My KDR was like its usual 11:1

War never changes B) .
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played solo GH NA PC today for the first time since High Isle dropped.

It was fun, tried the oakensoul ring on my stamblade for a bit but missed the second bar. EP ballgroup vapourised by VD (yes on a stamblade) PB and the buffed Occult Overload from 35m, I admit they were not a top tier group.

The same groups were doing the same things, Faregyl resource flipping, pvdooring BM then running out the back door to ride to pvdoor BB, then on to Vlas-Brindle. The Alessia bridge fight was in full flight, as were the Alessia lumbermill and Roebeck farm tower runners.

My KDR was like its usual 11:1

War never changes B) .

Ya, it's ganker paradise now. But it is less enjoyable for everyone else.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP playing experience in cyrodiil just keeps getting worse and worse. More out of balance, more neglected and more toxic. Between Oakensoul, Dark Convergence and rediculously low population caps the game is so out of balance that it is currently the worst PvP experience in the history of ESO. Ball groups are stronger than ever when using these new sets and mythics.

Why? Why is ZOS doing such a poor job of maintaining cyrodiil and the PvP portion of their game?

Because they don't play it.