The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Doors in Cyrodiil

IAmIcehouse
IAmIcehouse
✭✭✭✭
All we complain about is procs, zergs, and ballgroups. Can we please stop for a moment to collectively hate on the one true enemy, that I am sure we can all agree on, has plagued Cyrodiil for far too long?

Doors. Why can't something so simple work? I'm not asking for much, just let us inside :(

https://streamable.com/n5yevw

This shouldn't happen as much as it does.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All we complain about is procs, zergs, and ballgroups. Can we please stop for a moment to collectively hate on the one true enemy, that I am sure we can all agree on, has plagued Cyrodiil for far too long?

Doors. Why can't something so simple work? I'm not asking for much, just let us inside :(

The revolving doors of Cyrodiil are pretty awful. The simplest possible thing, going through a door, will often be your death when the door decides you wanted to go in and immediately back out again.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one trick about doors: when you run up to them remove all other abilities before clicking. That is the smoothest way to get through.
    For example if you run up to the door, lift your finger off the "run forward" button before you click the door.

But this won't help the lag issue where you click the door more than once and end up outside and get killed
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like 7 times today, 5 wouldn't let me in with the AD zerg hot on my tail... and twice I apparently didn't qualify for admittance, so I was immediately tossed back outside to hang with my new found "friends" for whom the door was also locked. But unlike me they must have know about this and brought siege in order to simply remove the door obstacle!
    Edited by Kwoung on April 3, 2021 8:52AM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should work like mounting a horse. You can spam that and it won't mount/dismount you. Part of the issue seems to be sheathing your weapon if you haven't. Maybe removing that action would help.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trick for getting through doors with a posse hot on your tail - pop a health draught/immoveable pot a couple of steps from the door...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for some reason was thinking about the resource tower doors the other day...it's been awhile, but I still remember some epic and crazy tower fights...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doors are jerks.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see that it's not only my problem :)
    I see so often ppl entering so smooth and fast a door, that I thought I'm to bad for that and it's my personal problem how I use the "enter" button.

I think there is a possible solution that wouldn't fix the delayed entry, but it would fix that you exit immediate again.
    They only have to ensure that there is enough space to the door (2m more?) after you enter, so that the option to access the door is not valid anymore.
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Dragonmage4
    Dragonmage4
    Soul Shriven
    I agree! Doors don't play nice!
    Accountabillabuddies - Ravenwatch

: )
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when that happens. I usually do it like this, roll dodge before using the door then one attempt to use the door and 1s wait to see if anything happens. If not, then roll dodge again and evacuate from under the door, because staying there and continuing to try is a death sentence.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not alone in this----in fact we should have a support group for the number of times you will die trying to get in out here.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    6 seconds is nothing, i tried using a door for over a minute today, probably running to the side door would be more sucessful or even trying to fight them 1v4. When i first hit the door the enemys were still 15 metres away. I try entering the door for a few seconds, roll dodge and heal then try again for eternity and nothing happens. Was not the first time that it takes incredible long to get in. Sometimes the door even decided to bug before i even know i was attacked. This is a bug and keep attacking a player that has this bug means using the bug=exploiting.
    Edited by Iriidius on June 16, 2022 12:36AM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or when the door finally lets you in just after you die. Like I made it in but at what cost
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Or when the door finally lets you in just after you die. Like I made it in but at what cost

True but at least you might get resurrected.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle