The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

People who time out the first patron pick.

Brewer312
Brewer312
Soul Shriven
ESO shouldn't let people get 2 picks for the patrons if they let the 30 second timer run out on their first pick. It should only give them 1 pick since they wasted the first one.

It feels scammy and cheating to me to give the person 2 if they run out the timer. Instead of punishing the other player by letting them only pick 1.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does it work currently when they run out the timer? I haven't seen it happen yet. I assume the computer chooses a random patron, then passes to the next player who picks 2, then back to the first player to pick 1 more.

Are you saying that if you time out on the first pick, it immediately lets that player do their first pick again right away as well as pick a second one immediately? That would be a massive bug if it works that way.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for me, the NPC and Real Player selection works slightly differently, so I sometimes forget to make a selection in the Real Player matches due to that. Not intentional, just oddly disjointed between the two game modes.
  • Brewer312
    Brewer312
    Soul Shriven
    So the person who picks first lets the 30 second timer run out. It chooses a random Patron from the original 4, then the first person gets 2 picks and the 2nd person only gets the last pick.

I never get to pick first for some reason, so I pay attention to who picks first on the 1/1000 chance I get to pick.
  • Brewer312
    Brewer312
    Soul Shriven
    Unless for some reason the game says the other persons name to pick first when it means me.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brewer312 wrote: »
    So the person who picks first lets the 30 second timer run out. It chooses a random Patron from the original 4, then the first person gets 2 picks and the 2nd person only gets the last pick.

I never get to pick first for some reason, so I pay attention to who picks first on the 1/1000 chance I get to pick.

Wow, so you're saying that they time out their first pick, the system chooses randomly, then get to pick 2 consecutively leaving only the last pick for you? I'd honestly report that as exploiting if I saw it and let ZOS sort it out.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brewer312 wrote: »

In a player match, the Patrons are selected in an ABBA format, where the first player chooses first, then the other player picks the next two, and then the first player chooses the last.

If you're seeing nobody pick something the first round, then the opponent gets two choices and then you get the last, that means you had the first choice and you're the player who timed out the first round.

If you notice that it doesn't look like the opponent is picking, try just selecting one. I know there have been times I didn't realize it was my turn to pick and was late getting my choice in.