The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Status Effect help..

mzprx
mzprx
✭✭✭✭✭
howdy folks,

i would like to ask a (possibly) silly question - can an enemy have two of the same status effects at the same time? let's illustrate what i mean exactly -
  • have a magDK
  • using the Charged trait
  • Burning Embers ability applies the Burning status effect

can other flame abilities (since they now have increased chance, as there is that Charged trait in the equation) apply Burning at the same time? so the enemies have two (or more) Burning status effects on them? and if not, why bother with Charged trait at all? Burning Embers will always apply the Burning status effect, all it takes is to apply them every couple of seconds when it (Burning status effect) expires. i'm talking from the PvP perspective. Burning Embers can be used as an ad hoc heal so that ability isn't necessarily being re-applied on cooldown. at least i am using it more often (along with other Ardent Flame abilities) since i'm using the Molten Whip morph. you know, to make it stronger..

also, isn't Heartland Conqueror too much for Charged trait? again, i'm talking from PvP perspective (no CP). the status effect proc chance is now sitting at 960%. isn't it overkill? from what i know you only need the "normal" (480%) chance to pretty much guarantee the Poison glyph status effect (that i use on my front bar to get more stamina sustain, also more damage, obviously), then you have the guaranteed Burning proc from Burning Embers. isn't it too much and thus wasted?

apologies for silly questions, but the Charged trait is one i never fully understood. any and all infor will be much appreciated..
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know the answer and have wondered about this as well. Thanks for asking! Hopefully, someone will know...
    PS5/NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i believe most status effects just "refresh" if they are reapplied

certain status effects like sundered are a burst of dmg then a 6 second debuff (sundered for example applies minor breach)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014