The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does BG MMR ever reset besides on large updates?

Micah_Bayer
Micah_Bayer
✭✭✭✭✭
I think (Because im sure it doesnt happen currently) that once a month mmr should wipe. It's so hard to find games if you're on the lower bracket or on the higher I've waited 30 minutes plus for a game at time when people im standing next to have just done 4 games back to back.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree it should reset at least every update. I understand it’s frustrating for inexperienced players to llay against veterans but it wouldn’t take time to for veterans to be in the same lobbies together again. Also it would be fun when you want to play an alt that you haven’t played in a while or completely rebuild a character. Sometimes i theory craft on alts to try stuff on a character i haven’t pkayed in like months just to end up in super sweaty matches where i just cant test anything xD
    Edited by buzzclops on June 28, 2022 2:35AM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played my troll tank in BGs during MYM 1.5 years ago, somehow it got to high MMR. Haven't took that character to BGs this entire time, did recently - high MMR still.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took 6 months off from the game, came back and a lot had changed, so I did BGs to test things...but my Warden still had high MMR...and I just kept going back to what I knew would work so we could try to win the BG lol.

It would be nice if it reset every 6 months or so.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think MMR thingy kicks in only if online is high enough. That's probably one of the reasons why they don't do proper ranked.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    The BG MMR system is horrendous.

It has all the cons of a proper MMR system and none of the pros.

Cons: Long(er) queue times at ends of the MMR spectrum
    Pros: Separating players by skill resulting in fun, balanced matches

ESO's system only produces the cons but not the pros resulting in matches like these:
    r8sbdtb4ehbf.jpg
    Should be evident that Blue players shouldn't be in the same match as Red players. They most likely had no fun playing Respawn Simulator. I bet even some of the Red players had no fun in such a game.

Guilds hold organized BG events where players do all the work of a real matchmaking system. Get 12 players, distribute dedicated healers if necessary and then queue up three teams of 4. Even after doing all that groundwork for the game, it can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes for a queue to pop.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the eso MMR system. No matter how long I leave a character, too often I end up playing with or against content creators and streamers. Most of them are really nice and I enjoy having a chat but the skill imbalance is too much. No fun for me and no fun for them I would guess.

L2P or practice more? Nope, sorry, I don't have time to play a game that much!

A more flexible and 'intelligent' MMR would allow players to fight mostly with people in their skill bracket. Better for everyone