The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Purchasing Skyshards

Avantare
Avantare
I've noticed the last 2 times I have purchased the remaining skyshards for a zone, and I have only received 5 and not the 12 or whatever it was I bought. The latest was about an hour ago, I purchased the remianing 14(?) skyshards in Coldharbour and was only given 5. Why is that? I feel I was cheated out of money had I known this would happen I would not have spent it.

Avantare
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 27, 2022 2:28AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd put in a CS ticket on the website. I haven't bought skyshards personally, as I like finding them on each alt, but that does sound wonk....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't bought skyshards either, but could you possibly be confusing them with skill points, as 3 skyshards equals 1 skill point. But agreed, the purchase should complete all your skyshards for a zone and if it doesn't, put in a ticket.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you purchase 12 skyshards, you'll receive 4 skill points.
    Are you sure you aren't confusing the two (skyshards vs skillpoints?)

It kinda sounds like your characters have had 1 out of 3 skyshards collected towards a skill point at the time you've made the purchase, and purchasing 14 skyshards in that scenario would grant you 5 skiil points.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • ADarklore
      ADarklore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      If you purchase 12 skyshards, you'll receive 4 skill points.
      Are you sure you aren't confusing the two (skyshards vs skillpoints?)

It kinda sounds like your characters have had 1 out of 3 skyshards collected towards a skill point at the time you've made the purchase, and purchasing 14 skyshards in that scenario would grant you 5 skiil points.

I think this is just it... I know when purchasing skyshards first became available I bought a set and thought... 'but I only got xx skill points' and then remembered the '3 skyshards needed for 1 skill point'.
      CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    • EozZoe1989
      EozZoe1989
      ✭✭✭
      there is no point i buying them or vampire bites also ..or were wolf bites .. if anything they should add falmer transformation .. lol