The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Blessing of High Isle better than Powerful Assault?

jecks33
jecks33
✭✭✭✭✭
Blessing of High Isle:
2 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
3 items: Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
4 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
5 items: When you are healed while in combat, increase your Weapon and Spell Damage by 369 for 5 seconds.

Powerful Assault:
(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
(3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
(5 items) When you cast an Assault ability while in combat, you and up to 5 group members within 10 meters gain 307 Weapon and Spell Damage for 10 seconds.

The new High Isle overland set looks very good on a healer and even on a tank, it could replace Powerful Assault, no cap, more WD and SD and super easy proc.

What you think?
PC-EU
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For groups its weaker not worth slotting on a healer as your goal is to buff your allies not your self combined however ona DPS with a healer wearing SPC, MI, and PA? That's a lot of damage for being healed...is it better than other stuff? I have no clue. But it is not a group buffing set like PA
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blessing of High Isle procs when you are healed not when you heal. It’s not a group buff. Could be interesting to try on a dps though, I’m not sure how well it compares to other dps sets.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the group benefit from PA far out/weighs the extra 62 Wd/Sd from Blessings. That’s 1535 versus 62, and tanks still benefit from PA more with a more reliable proc method, easily fit into their rotation.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    Can it proc from self heals?
    Bosmer Magicka Templar - Dest/Resto Staff [ex Stamina Templar - Bow/DW]
    Dunmer Magicka DK - Dest/Resto staff
    Breton Magicka NB - [Dest/DW PvE] [Dest/Resto PvP]
    Bosmer Stamina Warden - Bow/2H
  • ArctosCethlenn
    ArctosCethlenn
    ✭✭✭
    One is a self only, one is a raid/group buff. You can't really compare the two unless you're talking purely for solo play, but in that case why bother with either one; both are probably outperformed in that solo scenario by other, standard dps options.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One is a PVE support set that affects the group, the other is a PVP DPS set that affects only you.
    One isn't better than the other, they're for completely different purposes.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on June 24, 2022 6:32PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It actually looks really bad. Magicka and Magicka Recovery bonuses make this a non-DD set. DDs want crit, crit, more crit and Minor Slayer. A tank wouldn't need the added damage. A PvP DD wouldn't front bar this and would want someting longer lasting for a burst window after a bar swap. 5 seconds is OK for a back bar weapon enchant, because that's the only option we got there. From a set, I expect better, e.g. Rallying Cry sets the standard.

A healer might like this for themselves, but I can't see anyone double-barring this. I guess you could have a healer who constantly swaps bars, who heals themselves and it carries to the other bar. That's about the only build where this might work. Would that healer want the two magicka bonuses? I don't know. Doesn't everyone want crit?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    It actually looks really bad. Magicka and Magicka Recovery bonuses make this a non-DD set. DDs want crit, crit, more crit and Minor Slayer. A tank wouldn't need the added damage. A PvP DD wouldn't front bar this and would want someting longer lasting for a burst window after a bar swap. 5 seconds is OK for a back bar weapon enchant, because that's the only option we got there. From a set, I expect better, e.g. Rallying Cry sets the standard.

A healer might like this for themselves, but I can't see anyone double-barring this. I guess you could have a healer who constantly swaps bars, who heals themselves and it carries to the other bar. That's about the only build where this might work. Would that healer want the two magicka bonuses? I don't know. Doesn't everyone want crit?

This set is in line with Way of Air, Seventh Legion, Soulshine, and a few others, i.e. the single-barrable Weapon/Spell Damage self-procced self-buff sets. Briarheart is noticeably stronger than all of these sets but depends on RNG, Hex Siphon is by far the strongest but with a difficult condition. This new set is however more universally applicable to all Mag PvP builds than any of those sets, so it's not all bad.

But I'm of the opinion every single Weapon/Spell Damage set deserved a small buff when we were given the additional 1k baseline Weapon/Spell Damage - hence the most universally efficient two 5 pieces are Pariah and Wretched Vitality.

Edit: PvP only comment. I forgot about Moonhunter, everybody always forgets about Moonhunter, that one is strong too, but I think all of these sets are appropriately balanced against each other for the difficulty of their proc condition and single-barrability. Again - they're all just a bit too weak, in my opinion, but just a bit. Way of Air is probably trailing behind the most, much more than this new set, it deserved another look after Bosmer lost the roll-dodge passve, I think, although it is unique in its 3x Stam Regen.

Edited by Urzigurumash on June 24, 2022 9:00PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Urzigurumash, those sets might be spreadsheet balanced. The problem is the 2/3/4 piece. Stygian is a set with the exact same 5-piece bonus value, but it's all weapon damage and pen. That turns out to be valuable (just enough) when you theory-craft. Magicka is not. There are few reasons to build into magicka, namely being a healer possibly running this with a proc set that scales from magicka, or being a shielding build (magsorc). Even then, sets like Alfiq or Necropotence tend to be better, because you need to stack magicka hard to get anywhere.

Weapon damage has a bigger bonus to begin with (129 wd/sd > 1096 magicka) and much better multipliers than magicka. It has:

Major Brutality / Sorcery: +20%
    Possibly Minor Brutality / Sorcery: +10%
    Continuous Attack: +10%
    Camou Hunter: +3%

What's magicka got?

Inner Light: +7% while giving up Minor Berserk and the 3% Camou Hunter bonus you could slot instead
    Magblade Siphoning passive: +8%

Similar passives from other classes? Do they even exist anymore? If they do, they're in that same 8% ballpark, right? ZOS removed the 15% from Northern Storm in their infinite wisdom recently, which was at least interesting to build with, e.g. for super large shields.

You have to look at the set as a whole. A set like Witch-Knight gives you the exact same 369 5-piece bonus, except it gives you another 387 damage that scales with the above, or at least 258 damage if we say we want the mag regen. The two magicka bonuses are why Blessing of High Isle is a fail. We used to get +20% stats from having 300+ CP. That counterbalanced Major Sorcery, but it's gone. No one wants or needs magicka from an armor set anymore, except for the noted exceptions. If you're in PvP you want damage and pen. If you're in PvE you likely want crit, damage, Minor Slayer or maybe something like Healing Done as a healer. Above all crit, though, because you can't get that from food or jewelry enchants.
    Edited by fred4 on June 24, 2022 10:14PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fred4

Yes all true, I should have said about my post, "all strictly as it relates to the 5 piece bonus".

WKD is the only Weapon Damage 5 piece I've used for long since the addition of the extra 1k baseline Damage, definitely a very strong set on sDK or any build with Poison Injection, but it's not truly single-barrable anyhow so it compares better to Hunding's, Fury, etc.

But on the other hand 5 second buffs are a pain to single-bar in PvP.

Your point about the loss of the 20% Resource buff is a good one, there's definitely room for a Mag or Stam counterpart to Toughness to be put on some underpowered morphs here and there.

Edited by Urzigurumash on June 25, 2022 2:30AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High isle set doesn't really have the stats for a dps build. It looks like it would be best used for a solo pve build or for a pvp build.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Isle is a replacement buff set for SPC or PA in groups were the DD’s run oakensoul or serpents rebuke

It would stack with a tank wearing PA, DD’,s have major courage via mythic, High Isle would stack more DPS on top

More likely to replace SPC on healer dungeon set up then PA on a tank.