The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Odds of finding Ancient motif pages

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to find Ancient motif pages using antiquities findings but after months of research I found almost none.

I wonder why are Ancient motifs so difficult to find using antiquities excavations? I mean, as far as I know the only way is using treasure maps (and find said maps are not easy as well) or for some huge luck using antiquities excavations.

Does anyone has any tip for a quick Ancient motif pages findings? Specifically Akaviri, Breton, Daedra. Can I buy those pages (I never found them in trading but I still didn't try too hard)?

Thanks any help.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 27, 2022 2:32AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone has gotten a motif page for these ancient/ancestral ones to drop other than by getting the lead through a treasure map chest, I would love to see proof. (Yes, I know what the description says, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting such a page during excavations except when the page is the antiquity itself, requiring the lead from a treasure chest.)

You can definitely buy them from other players in person or through traders, though. There is no need to get them yourself.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you play on PC check Tamriel Trade Center website.
    As for drop rate: on average 1 of 4 .. 5 treasure chests drop a lead for me.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no other way to get Ancestral styles besides the treasure maps and guild traders.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no other way to get Ancestral styles besides the treasure maps and guild traders.

Yeah... I check on trading and the prices are very high, way beyond my gold bank numbers... that's a real bummer. Why is it so hard to find ancient/ancestral motifs? ZOS could cut us some slack and improve the chances, at least...

In order to find those motifs you need a lot of gaming time, have a huge luck to find regions treasure maps. Not all players can do that. In fact, I risk to say most players don't have a huge amount of time or hardcore ESO skills to find the motifs.

Hence the high prices, way higher than most ppl ingame gold savings.