The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ember's false "love for lockpicking"

Malyore
Malyore
✭✭✭
She's stated over and over how much she loves picking locks, yet when I picked one it decreased her rapport. I didn't even take anything, I just opened the lock. Is this a bug or just horrible design? Does she mean locks that aren't illegal? She's admitted to stealing in the past so idk if even that fits
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you get caught? Generally Ember's rapport decreases are tied to getting a bounty, because she wants her partner to be better at crime than that.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just remembered she said something about hating being caught after I posted this 😅 forgot she's not too wild of a cat haha
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Did you get caught? Generally Ember's rapport decreases are tied to getting a bounty, because she wants her partner to be better at crime than that.

This is kind of a contradiction compared to her rapport gains from heists though
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »

This is kind of a contradiction compared to her rapport gains from heists though

Yeah, I have no idea what's up with heists. If there's an actual design rationale behind it and it's not just a bug, nobody official has provided an explanation.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    She gains rapport for stealing from lockboxes and successfully pickpocketing guards specifically. She loses rapport upon being caught committing any crime because she doesn't want to hang with the kind of thief that gets caught.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ipsius wrote: »
    She gains rapport for stealing from lockboxes and successfully pickpocketing guards specifically. She loses rapport upon being caught committing any crime because she doesn't want to hang with the kind of thief that gets caught.

But she's highly impressed by a thief who bungles a heist! You can't be too sloppy or too perfect, its not her style.