The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Should I invest into a new main house?...

Jusey1
Jusey1
✭✭✭✭
So, I been using Velothi Reverie as my main house since early 2016 I believe as I was an EP player originally on my first main. On my new main, I kinda started with AD to player with a friend who got bored quickly then moved to EP but I also decided to move to DC with him since I primarily use Breton culture stuff, despite being an Argonian character. The problem is, I kinda been thinking about getting one of the Breton homes now, such as Gardner in Wayrest but I don't have the gold for just even the base house unless I get Ravenhurst, and even then, I would need to start crafting Breton furniture and investing more gold into the house to build it up, plus I am not even sure on how I wanna approach these homes cause they don't have separate rooms like Velothi Reverie does.

I attached some images in the spoiler below to kinda show how simple and bad I am with this kind of thing I guess. But yeah, I am not sure if I should truly invest into a new main home or just sta with what I am comfortable.
z48cy88tnb2h.png
0rc4r67mgr5i.png
88in4gg2nmiq.png
dt6qc0xjsccn.png
k3ffnhq2zefz.png
cblt87sbb57f.png
d2q1aot1l0tf.png
  • lambdse
    lambdse
    Soul Shriven
    If you do decided to get a new house you should at least wait until the Zennithar event starting at the end of the month bc houses you can buy with gold are going to be 10% off.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with one house but once it was decorated I wanted more. So I made a separate main house for each of my characters that I decorated to fit their personalities and classes. My Necromancer had stayed in my original home, Serenity Falls Estate, which I don't feel suits her so I am going to buy Daggerfall Overlook for her and keep Serenity Falls as all my characters' country estate getaway. I have several houses like that and many businesses that I visit on a regular basis.

So what I'm saying is no need to change your main house because you can have a different main for each character.

And I like your decorating. :)
    Edited by SilverBride on June 24, 2022 5:28AM
    PCNA
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    It can be fun to have houses made for each character. The gold problem can be overcome through a variety of methods and a little determination to follow through for a bit.
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    I think your home looks very cosy and I’d be very happy there 😺

I have homes (and spares lol) for all 23 of my characters and have even started making homes for my companions. Yes, it’s an addictive hobby.

I scour the guild stores for cheap furniture in my favourite styles and homely clutter items like foods which I store ready for use in my Lunar House warehouse. It’s better than making your own because of the materials used and you can often find many bargains under £5k (on XBox anyway).

My Ravenhurst home (work in progress) is a tavern with a bar and restaurant downstairs and the three ‘eave room’ areas upstairs are themed inn rooms for guests. I have High Elf, Vampire and Alinor. Downstairs, I used mainly Orcish engraved tables and cabled seating but with a cosy Redguard sofa area around the Redguard firepit which was my most expensive purchase for this home.

My favourite small homes are Snugpod and Humblemud with second floors added, Sleek Creek and Cyrodilic Jungle. My first Sleek Creek is strictly the older Khajiit furniture as it was the first home I purchased but my second one is mainly Orcish as above because it is often cheap. One Snugpod is a complete mix of styles for a Breton mage and my Humblemud is mainly rustic Solitude with Argonian touches.

Just play about and most of all have fun.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »
    So, I been using Velothi Reverie as my main house since early 2016 I believe as I was an EP player originally on my first main. On my new main, I kinda started with AD to player with a friend who got bored quickly then moved to EP but I also decided to move to DC with him since I primarily use Breton culture stuff, despite being an Argonian character. The problem is, I kinda been thinking about getting one of the Breton homes now, such as Gardner in Wayrest but I don't have the gold for just even the base house unless I get Ravenhurst, and even then, I would need to start crafting Breton furniture and investing more gold into the house to build it up, plus I am not even sure on how I wanna approach these homes cause they don't have separate rooms like Velothi Reverie does.

I think Ravenhurst is great; it's cosy, just a short sprint to the wayshrine and in a lovely part of Rivenspire. I haven't bought it yet but if I needed a Breton house, I'd probably go for that one.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kitziboo wrote: »
    My Ravenhurst home (work in progress) is a tavern with a bar and restaurant downstairs and the three ‘eave room’ areas upstairs are themed inn rooms for guests. I have High Elf, Vampire and Alinor. Downstairs, I used mainly Orcish engraved tables and cabled seating but with a cosy Redguard sofa area around the Redguard firepit which was my most expensive purchase for this home.

My Ravenhurst home used to belong to my Orc but after I did a race change I moved her to Alinor Crest Townhouse and turned Ravenhurst into an Orc themed tavern called Mighty Orc Ales. I walled off the upper level and made an office space with a sleeping area for when the proprietor works long hours.

I did what you did with themed inn rooms at the Antiquian Alpine Gallery that I turned into a mountain guest lodge called Silver Light Lodge. I have rooms for Breton, High Elf, Khajiit and Redguard.

My houses are all listed as open houses on the EHT Community for those who would like to see them.
    Edited by SilverBride on June 24, 2022 3:39PM
    PCNA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP if you decide to buy a new house, wait for the Zenithar event next week, as there will be a 10% discount on houses you can buy with gold in-game. As for Breton-themed houses, there's also Hammerdeath bangalow, which is cheaper side, but I guess it would be too small for a main home. Ravenhurst is bigger, has an outer area, is near a shrine, and is quite nice, imo. Breton furnishings are not very expensive nowadays because recipe prices have dropped a lot, plus, the new card game rewards a lot of recipes so I think there will be an influx of recipes lowering the prices further. But you don't need necessarily Breton items to emulate the style, there's a lot of wooden furnishings that look similar--the only limiting factor is heartwood which is really expensive. Whichever way you decide, don't stress about because I find housing is a longterm project, so you can keep decorating a house over time, as you get more recipes and gold.