The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Occult Overload & weapon traits/dual wield

Wolfpaw
Wolfpaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Anyone getting better results adding a Charged trait to dual wield for the pops?
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do Dots count for this? For example soul trap might work.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Enemy has to have a status effect up. The 12800 proc not bad at all.

• TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My anti-trash set is currently with Plague Break.
    https://eso-sets.com/set/plaguebreak
    It doesnt have a status per se but the disease damage can apply a status effect.

You can also use the Maelstrom Greatsword (applies Bleeding).
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

Enemy has to have a status effect up. The 12800 proc not bad at all.

What I meant was do DOTS count as a static affect for this context? Is it any purgeable effect or specifically one like burning/hemorrhaging. I actually haven't tested this since I usually run grouped which almost guarantees it'll proc.

One fun thing I've been doing with this is running master's 2h with cleave for the bleed and hemorrhaging
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not status effect. Status effect is like burning etc.
    You are guaranteed to apply status effect from enchants with charged, but not from AoEs. It would be 29% per player with direct AoE hits. Which is good, but far from guaranteed. Can push higher with Heartland Conqueror.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    certain things grant status effects automatically so might work depending on your build

if your using a destro build, the morph of elemental weakness which lasts a full minute and auto applies a random status effect every 6 seconds

if your using warden the bleed dmg bear auto applies hemorrhaging with every attack

unleashed terror gear set applies hemorrhaging with every tick

NB surprise attack applies guaranteed sundered status effect

bow lethal arrow applies poisoned guaranteed with each use

im sure there are more gear set and skill options that guarantee certain status effects, any of those would be good to apply effects consistently

full list of valid status effects to trigger this:
    • sundered (from physical dmg)
    • hemorrhaging (from bleed dmg)
    • diseased (from disease dmg)
    • poisoned (from poison dmg)
    • concussed (from shock dmg)
    • chilled (from frost dmg)
    • burning (from fire dmg)
    • overcharged (from magic dmg)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good posts above, hope that answers other questions.

My question has anyone seen bigger pops (more occult overload procs) with nirn/charged weapon (dual wield) vs nirn/pen?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My question has anyone seen bigger pops (more occult overload procs) with nirn/charged weapon (dual wield) vs nirn/pen?

if you wanted to easily apply status effects to a group, i would suggest working in the unleashed terror set

stampede being an AOE applies unleashed proc to every enemy in range, which in turn applies hemorrhaging to all of the targets

sorc streak also applies this proc to every enemy hit if you wanted to do a streak + whirling blades type combo

this would guarantee every enemy had a status effect on them unless they purged, but would also put a lot of people in danger hp range for dying to whirling blades
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

if you wanted to easily apply status effects to a group, i would suggest working in the unleashed terror set

stampede being an AOE applies unleashed proc to every enemy in range, which in turn applies hemorrhaging to all of the targets

sorc streak also applies this proc to every enemy hit if you wanted to do a streak + whirling blades type combo

this would guarantee every enemy had a status effect on them unless they purged, but would also put a lot of people in danger hp range for dying to whirling blades

Good call, will check it out. I will use transtones to see any difference w/charge and report back sometime.

thank you