The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Order's Wrath vs Mother's Sorrow - I Can't Decide

Taraezor
Taraezor
✭✭✭
Khajiit Necro magicka here.

Casual player. Just last year I got serious and equipped sets. I play solo. 800+ CP. All overland content, save for the World Bosses in the expansion Chapters. I can grind through the Treasure Hunter set dungeon without death, just need to be patient with the last three bosses. That's my comfort limit at the moment. All my characters have max crafting.

I Use 5 x Mother's Sorrow, weapons, hat, rings, 2 x Julianos feet and legs, 5 x Treasure Hunter.

To cut to some numbers and avoid a detailed list of my gear and CP etc...

Currently Bonus Critical Damage is currently 20% and Critical Chance is 61.3%/68.5% front/back bar.

With OW replacing MS I estimate that I'll get 28% Bonus Crit Damage and 59% Critical Chance front/back.

Currently, my Spell penetration is 7274 and I feel that should be more but I seem to do okay in overland content. I'd definitely use The Lover if soloing a dungeon.

I feel that OW will be a net gain for me in terms of damage dealt.

But the ease with which it can be made makes me think that it is really supposed to be "Mother's Sorrow Lite" for very very new players who aren't quite up to getting hold of MS. Thus... I have made a mistake here.

Throwing OW on all my magicka characters will cost a pretty penny in resources so I'm seeking your help. Good or bad move?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally see the orders wrath as a more flexible version of medusa, as the bonuses are closer on those, except since orders wrath is crafted you can make any size you need instead of trying to get jewelry/weapons for a heavy armor set

orders wrath crit dmg bonus is also unique so that it can stack with the actual minor force buff (not that you may need that since your already on a khajiit)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I was running False God + MS for my solo build before the patch. Just dropped False God for OW. Running both OW and MS and getting decent crit damage and chance, only needed to make a few adjustments for sustain.

But, I would say, using OW instead of treasure hunter is probably a better call. You can get major prophecy from other sources.
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm for Major Prophecy I would need to waste a skill bar slot, front and back I think - Mages or Fighter's Guild skill which is useless for PvE iirc. That's why I grinded for Treasure Hunter. That's the one I don't want to give up.

Not sure if Major Prophecy is available through food/drink or whatver else, but I have an absolute ton of reasonable food from ESO+ that I prefer to use.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having a fighters guild skill slotted gives you all the other passives from fighters guild (bonus ult when killing things, increased dmg)

camo hunter also gives you minor berserk when attacking an enemy from flank, so while the active portion of the skill is not useful it is a pretty efficient passive
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014