The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sell Mythic Leads for crowns?

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Some leads are taking a very long time to farm in High Isle.
PC NA

Sell Mythic Leads for crowns? 55 votes

< 5k crowns
3%
evymyu233MafiaCat115 2 votes
5k crowns
1%
SkaraMinoc 1 vote
10k crowns
0%
> 10k crowns
3%
BokilaNeuroticPixels 2 votes
Do not sell Mythic leads for crowns
87%
AttorneyatlawlMarginisWhiteCoatSyndromeAelorinCyberOnEsoDelgentYoWombatBloodyStigmataJayne_Doeredspecter23Lady_SleeplessADarkloreVaohCadburyLadyNalcaryaScallanGrim_SlaughterfishKlauthWarthogHertoginJannekeSickleCider 48 votes
Other
3%
chessalavakia_ESOTommy_The_Gun 2 votes
  • HeavyESO
    HeavyESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why should one bad business practice encourage another?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5k crowns
    HeavyESO wrote: »

Because my time is more important. I have crowns sitting here doing nothing. Let me use them on acquiring Mythic leads so I can get back to actually playing the game.

FYI- I agree with you it's not a good design for players. But again, my time is more valuable to me.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on June 17, 2022 2:00PM
    PC NA
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Or maybe don't put them in a group content that does not have group finder support... ?

Anyway, mythics are technically already being "sold" for crown/rl cash, as you need dlcs to get them. It is kinda "disguised" behind grind (just like gear sets from DLC dungeons are).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 17, 2022 2:02PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting Diablo Immortal vibes from this thread. Do not encourage companies to create impossibly long grinds so they can sell a solution.

Unless you want a lead like this next chapter: “has a 10% chance to drop when you loot an Aetherial Cipher”, or pay $90.
    Edited by Vaoh on June 17, 2022 2:11PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5k crowns
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Getting Diablo Immortal vibes from this thread. Do not encourage companies to create impossibly long grinds so they can sell a solution.

Unless you want a lead like this next chapter: “has a 10% chance to drop when you loot an Aetherial Cipher”, or pay $90.

Okay I agree maybe it's not a good idea :smile:

Edited by SkaraMinoc on June 17, 2022 2:23PM
    PC NA
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it never happens. If they ever come to the store, ZOS actively has a reason to make them annoying to farm. Right now, they are annoying for completely unknown reasons that I can only speculate. Once they sell a solution to a problem they created, I know the exact motivations, even if they would never admit it themselves.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 17, 2022 3:14PM
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I timed how long it took me to get the Oakensoul ring.

Took me exactly 2 hours and 43 minutes.

Yes it's pretty RNG, but it's also not impossible.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5k crowns
    I timed how long it took me to get the Oakensoul ring.

Took me exactly 2 hours and 43 minutes.

Yes it's pretty RNG, but it's also not impossible.

It took me 15 hours to farm the Sea Silver Chain mythic lead because I had 0 alts for daily crafting writs. It was either that or wait 2-4 weeks to get the mythic lead with 1 character. Absolutely terrible experience that I would pay crowns to get out of.

Still agree that selling solutions to problems they create is unethical. They already do this with riding lessons, bag space, appearance change token, etc. It's not good.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on June 20, 2022 11:03AM
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the better solution for leads would be to just increase the drop rates like across the board, there would still be rng but if the drop rate was 4x what it is now, many of these more annoying ones would probably be less of a problem
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    HeavyESO wrote: »

Because my time is more important. I have crowns sitting here doing nothing. Let me use them on acquiring Mythic leads so I can get back to actually playing the game.

FYI- I agree with you it's not a good design for players. But again, my time is more valuable to me.

And we will still have to put that time forward. History tells us this since there have been threads for VMA weapons to be sold in the crowns store. Ofc, the poll is overwhelmingly telling Zenimax that this is not something we want.

• chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I personally wanted a gold sink added that would do something like that but, it'd still take you time to obtain the lead and it wouldn't be an option immediately.

Ideally, the primary users would be people that really really don't want to do the content that the lead is locked behind and people that for whatever reason are not getting the lead they want.

For example, I'm stuck on the Preserved Wraxu Feathers lead. This lead isn't hard to get in theory as all you need is a certain rank in the Dark Brotherhood and to ask an NPC for equipment.

I did that for around a month or three chars before I stopped doing it every day and just started doing it when the char was in the area. Most people seem to get it in under 10 tries but, I'm pretty sure I am passed 150 for attempts at it with no success.

Story Perspective:

Are you having troubles finding leads for fabled antiquity items?

Never fear! The Sketchy Information Brokers(Name Change Pending) are here in your local Outlaws Refuge to help you by selling you access each day to individuals that claim to know where fragments of the lead are located.

Note: The Sketchy Information Brokers only accept responsibility for connecting you to the individual claiming to have knowledge of the fragments and they do not accept responsibility for the information that is provided or interactions beyond the meeting occurring.

Mechanics Perspective:

Lead Fragments only become available a month after the lead is first found.

Five lead fragments are needed to produce a lead.

You can buy access to an individual for information once per day per account.

Access to an individual for information will cost between $5,000 gold and $200,000 gold depending on who you select to speak with.

The information you receive will be valid 20%-95% of the time based on the amount you spend.

In the event that your information received is invalid you will have a 75%-95% chance to get the amount you spent back based on the amount you spent if you attempt to do so.

The system will have built in mercy function to ensure players aren't too unlucky.