The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

It's been almost 10 years! Can we please get a pet Monkey without a crown!?

SOLOistheNAME
SOLOistheNAME
✭✭
8 years since this game launched and we still haven't gotten another imgakin monkey in different colors or just a regular pet monkey without a crown on it's head.

I asked for this 5 years ago.
This is the only thing left on my wishlist that I can't obtain.
Edited by SOLOistheNAME on June 17, 2022 5:59AM
Trading Guilds: Ales and Fails & Beer and BooBoos
Follow me on Twitch & Youtube: @TheManNamedSOLO
"The Truth Is, The Game Was Rigged From The Start."
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I would love if they released a different colored one with higher quality textures as well
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    nopeeee it is an exclusive for Beta testers ;-DDD
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't make any sense since it was guaranteed as an exclusive for beta testers.

You don't need to collect everything. Many pieces are meant to represent some point in the game's history. I've also been playing the game for 8 years and haven't gotten everything. There are a lot of pets I didn't get from Twitch, which means that I didn't participate on those events. Like not owning the monkey means that the player did not participate in the beta test. But I'm sure there will be plenty of other pets, mounts, and other collectibles that we'll enjoy, even if we missed out on the opportunity to get one we liked at some point.

I'm even in favor of exclusive items for beginners in the game representing different starting years. For example, it would be fun for anyone who opens an account to start the game now, to have something (just cosmetic) that older players couldn't get. We already have so many choices at this point that a few cosmetic exclusives wouldn't hurt.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do they not have one with a sailor's hat? Or some other noble's silly hats.

A monkey with a knight's helm, stumbling about because of the weight? Take the helmet off and drag it when sprinting lol
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    This plz, throw in a pet crow while you are at it.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all are missing OP's point. They're not asking for THE monkey given in the beta, just A monkey without jester clothes. Which I agree with.

Anyways this guy: https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Blackwood_Monkey was datamined years ago, was expecting it to come with blackwood since, yk, blackwood monkey. But nope.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    It wouldn't make any sense since it was guaranteed as an exclusive for beta testers.
    You don't need to collect everything.
    That's an intensely selfish thing to say.
    It's not going to hurt you if they released a black monkey for the rest of us. It doesn't have to look like the beta tester monkey. They can make it a different color and the beta monkey will still be special.

• brylars
    brylars
    ✭✭✭
    I can see this being ok. We have all sorts of pets that are the same type of thing like the banekins, but they look different. I don't see why the uncostumed monkey has to be exclusive to the beta testers. They could look different representing the regions they come from, ie smaller or different colors.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the OP didn't ask for the actual beta monkey, but even if so, I have the beta monkey and I wouldn't care one bit if they sold it in the store or gave it as a login bonus or quest reward or whatever.

Others having it wouldn't make my monkey disappear.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know the OP didn't ask for the actual beta monkey, but even if so, I have the beta monkey and I wouldn't care one bit if they sold it in the store or gave it as a login bonus or quest reward or whatever.

Others having it wouldn't make my monkey disappear.

Yep, the OP is clearly not asking for them to re-release the beta monkey.

Sometimes people on this forum just love being intentionally obtuse to stir the pot. Getting new monkeys hurts absolutely no one and would be cool.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought that they should give out a monkey pet if you were to test out a big patch on the PTS. Make it a monkey with a little hard hat and a wrench.
    Or minus the hard hat, but definitely have a wrench strapped to the back or looped and held through the tail. (...get it? Monkey Wrench? Hehe 🔧🐒)

But really, actually do something to incentivize more people to get on the PTS and test.
    Edited by meekmiko on June 22, 2022 3:33PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not know what is sold in the crown store as I pretty much avoid it. However, I do not think anything like what the players got for their reward from beta or anything similar should be released. It should be uniquely different.

Case in point. I understand the stripped senche mount was given to people who subscribed essentialy for the first year this game was live and that there has not been a stripped senche mount available to anyone by any other means since. I think that should remain that way because it is great to have items that represent time periods in the game even if it means those who were not there are left out. They will have opportunities for the items such as what we can get from the events.
    '
    I say that as someone who does not have the monkey or stripped senche mount.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I do not know what is sold in the crown store as I pretty much avoid it. However, I do not think anything like what the players got for their reward from beta or anything similar should be released. It should be uniquely different.

Case in point. I understand the stripped senche mount was given to people who subscribed essentialy for the first year this game was live and that there has not been a stripped senche mount available to anyone by any other means since. I think that should remain that way because it is great to have items that represent time periods in the game even if it means those who were not there are left out. They will have opportunities for the items such as what we can get from the events.
    '

Cool. Too late for that anyways since also we have the Madcap Jester Monkey that gets re-released every so often.

There is nothing wrong with releasing different monkey variants.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »

'

Cool. Too late for that anyways since also we have the Madcap Jester Monkey that gets re-released every so often.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with different variants in the game. I suppose my comment was not clear unless someone was familiar with the multitude of sense mounts in the game.

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When FOMO meets MO
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »

'

Of course, there is nothing wrong with different variants in the game. I suppose my comment was not clear unless someone was familiar with the multitude of sense mounts in the game.

I guess I'm just confused by your original response because OP wasn't asking for the Beta monkey in the first place.