Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When is the Next Event?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I find a lot of information about the event in various places, but I have no idea when it is starting. I would rather not find out the day of, if possible.

Has a date been published yet?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No date published, so almost certainly the 30th.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No date yet, AFAIK. I'm not sure how far in advance ZOS announces events nowadays, but seeing how it's already Wednesday and events start on Thursdays, I'm going to guess it's not tomorrow which leaves us with the only option of the next Thursday.

I'd rather have it start tomorrow, tbh.
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe tomorrow when new crates are in.
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there's some new event-related structure or location or encampment near Belkarth. I didn't see it myself, but some players were talking about it in Craglorn zone chat.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Apparently there's some new event-related structure or location or encampment near Belkarth. I didn't see it myself, but some players were talking about it in Craglorn zone chat.

That's where the new 'Indrik Vendor' that will appear on every event moving forward will be.

https://eso-hub.com/en/guides/indrik-vendor-guide

• Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah that Zenithar event was supposed to be in june but.. again it's almost end of the month and of course there's no date announced yet.

Like, what's wrong with announcing an event at the start of the month ZOS? People have other obligations and things too, it would be nice to know when stuff is happening more than a blue moon in advance. Flash sales are obnoxious enough, but flash events announcements can take a hike. Calendars are everyone's friend, why can't they be ESO's friend too? :D .
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. The date has not been published yet. However, you will not find out the day of. We’ll have more info with dates in the coming days. Keep your eyes on our social channels and news thread here on the forums for more information.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...) Has a date been published yet?
    Usually the scheduled events are only announced a couple of days before they start.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess: 27-28 of next week, it can't be any later than that. Monday maintenance, all servers, it'll be up by Tuesday at the latest, they get Independence Day off for no maintenance that following week, and the final day of the event is on the next Monday maintenance getting people angry again why is there maintenance on the final day, like always.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. The date has not been published yet. However, you will not find out the day of. We’ll have more info with dates in the coming days. Keep your eyes on our social channels and news thread here on the forums for more information.

Good to know Kevin.

I would ask that more details were posted in the forums in the announcement sections, like dates, key points, etc. rather than just pointing to the article that I have to click on and search through for the same details.

I should probably pay more attention there, but I missed "free stuff" I could have had this month because I didn't. I did get all the Twitch drops this week, but missed the others just because I didn't look. Even a thread here summarizing and pointing to those would be good, since most of the time I only look in this folder.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess: 27-28 of next week, it can't be any later than that. Monday maintenance, all servers, it'll be up by Tuesday at the latest, they get Independence Day off for no maintenance that following week, and the final day of the event is on the next Monday maintenance getting people angry again why is there maintenance on the final day, like always.

Is Monday now the maintenance day? I was surprised to miss out on some really late night gaming time when I had this Monday off....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭

Is Monday now the maintenance day? I was surprised to miss out on some really late night gaming time when I had this Monday off....

When has it not been Monday? I started playing in 2019 and remembered it always being Monday.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When has it not been Monday? I started playing in 2019 and remembered it always being Monday.

I could have sworn it has been early Tuesday many/most times I have been playing. I am fairly certain it has been both a few times in the past year. But then I often stay up far too late and get caught by such things.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin we have mentioned this before, and provided feedback regarding giving us more official notice regarding event dates. Yall said you would be better at it.

Also, please don't indicate or hint that an event will occur in a given month if the bulk of it occurs outside said month. It's becoming a meme that if ZOS puts event tickets in the crown showcase then the event will occur on the last day of the month.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could have sworn it has been early Tuesday many/most times I have been playing. I am fairly certain it has been both a few times in the past year. But then I often stay up far too late and get caught by such things.
    It's almost always Sunday night/Monday morning. There have been a few exceptions the past year, but for the most part that's the schedule.

Events have started on Thursdays for quite a long time now, which is why the 30th is the common expectation. There was a chance it could have been the 23rd, but it's too close now for that to be the case.

I expect they don't like to have overlapping hype, so they haven't announced anything to not distract from High Isle release.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin ZOS' continued insistence on giving only a few days notice or as in this case zero advanced notice of a scheduled event start is frankly insane, infuriating and counterproductive.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual events announced super last minute. They have no respect for the time of their guilds or players. Events should be announced 15 - 30 days in advance. Two weeks notice at the very least!
    Edited by SimonThesis on June 22, 2022 9:17PM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love for a qualified professional to chime in on this subject.

There has to be a reason why they do it this way.

Is there an exploitable human behaviour that can be triggered by anticipation?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to echo the sentiments of many others and practically beg for some more advance notice. I refuse to believe that ZOS itself doesn't know when they plan to push this event live. I am under the assumption that they know exactly what date the event will start on. If that's the case, why are we as players not allowed to know? I get not letting us know months in advance, but certainly a couple weeks advance notice is doable? I would consider it basic social decency to give as much notice as possible, instead of as little as possible.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering this particular event encourages group activities and guilds, wouldn’t it make sense for ZOS to announce earlier, so that players can organise and plan accordingly??
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering this particular event encourages group activities and guilds, wouldn’t it make sense for ZOS to announce earlier, so that players can organise and plan accordingly??

You and I and many others think so, yes.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than likely next week of the 27th.

They are in their final week of the twitch thing for the update. So that is their focus this week and they don't usually run multiple projects at once.

Best guess, I'd imagine next week (post maintenance), so 28th running through the 4th of July Holiday (US).

But who knows, maybe they just push it into July due to "reasons". This is ZOS we're talking about. lol
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea when Whitestrake's Mayhem/ double AP will be? Last year it was in June I believe.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    No current info on Whitestrake's Mayhem has been shared, @Stamicka. Next event will be Zeal of Zenithar.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭

Events almost always start on Thursdays, so It's more likely that it's going to start next Thursday, June 30. By the way, when did the final day of the event get announced, since the first day and length of the event haven't been announced yet? My guess would be June 30 through July 11.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup 30.06. Ppl already guessed that.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x