The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Oh No! I am starting to enjoy PVP more than PVE

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
But I SUCK at PvP...but want more..

More-so Cyrodiil than Imperial City...but would would like to enjoy IC more...but I die way too quick...

This happen to anyone else?
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's how it was for me. Loved the single player Elder Scrolls titles so I just focused on PvE, till I dipped my toes in Cyrodiil for dat legate's black dye.

For the most part, bringing your PvE build into PvP land is a recipe for disaster, especially in the era of onebar Oakensoul gank builds.

There are lots of content creators with build advice for those just starting out, just gotta search for something that suits your class and playstyle.

In general if dying is what you're most worried about, the safest bet might be wearing full impenetrable traited gear, having around 25k resistances, and having almost 30K health (CP environment).

Other things to consider is sustain, food used, potions slotted, mundus stone, enchants, etc.

Having healing skills is practically a must. Have at least one skill that stuns others can help in a fight. Skills that root players are also good for group fights.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back when IC first came out I was strictly a PvE person. I'd heard all kinds of scary Cyro stories about stepping out of a keep and getting ganked right away so I never went in my first six months. But I had to go into IC if I wanted to farm the crazy amount of mats needed for that sweet new lvl 160 gear.
    I was mostly after gear to decon but the Tel Var was important too since you could also buy the various materials to make the new gear. It didn't take long before my fully PVE DPS spec'ed Templar got jumped by NB and lost like 8K Tel Var to him. I angrily messaged him that it was BS jumping me from stealth like that so he agreed to meet me for a straight up duel while he was carrying even more TV than I had lost to him. It probably won't surprise anyone that I lost, badly. He even gave me like 5 more shots but of course I had no chance as I no idea what I was doing in PvP and my build was garbage for it.
    The thing is while it was frustrating it was also thrilling in a way PvE dungeons could never be. That day I vowed to learn how to PvP and started going into IC and Cyro every day after. It didn't take long after that before I had forsaken PvE almost completely and became a fully fledged PvP fanatic and it's been that way ever since.
    To the OP as far as "sucking": pretty much everyone does when starting out in PvP. It has a fairly steep learning curve and figuring out how to fight against all the different classes and play styles and developing the muscle memory to do the right thing at the right time takes months. Playing in groups will make your experience more enjoyable for now since the healing will keep you going for longer. But I'd encourage you to run solo at least once in a while as fighting 1v1 or even outnumbered 1v2 is where you'll learn how the classes differ to fight against and how you should deal with each. My biggest piece of advice would be build for survival first and then add damage when you've got ingrained reflexes and more experience. Most successful solo/small group PvP builds lean heavily to defense and then figure out ways (such as using Balorgh's/Clever Alchemist) to put together a "burst" window to get kills.
    So get your health above 30k so you have a chance to survive the burst, put your CP into defensive or healing stars, wear at least a couple of pieces of heavy is not a full 5, slot flare from the support skill line, and wear all Impen. It you were a good player it used to be possible to run a 25-26k health, continuous pressure, high damage build but in the current meta those builds can't cut through the healing/defense of the tanky builds and instantly disintegrate when attacked in return.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on June 18, 2022 10:12PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All good advice above. Yes, this is the same for everyone.

I would start with duelling friends or anyone at your (beginner) level who also wants to learn to PvP. This will help build confidence. You may also find BGs easier than Cyro or IC, because of MMR - match making ranking. You should be matched up against equally inexperienced players in a BG. Or so the theory goes.

PvP builds and playstyles differ substantially from PvE. Most NPCs do not heal. Bosses have large health pools that you gradually whittle down. Consistent damage is important. High crit rates tend to be important. Damage you take in PvE tends to be low. The tank will take the big hits. Those tend to be large, but few and far between by PvP standards.

In PvP you're dealing with targets that have low health, but that actively heal back up to full, if you give them 1 or 2 seconds. Consistent damage is not important against players. High crit rates are not important, but medium crit rates (40%) can be useful (though not exclusively so). In order to kill a player you are looking to burst them down before they have a chance to heal. Your tools for that include:
    • A lucky succession of crits.
    • Skills that either hit very hard (ultimates) or that can be timed such that they coincide with other skills or procs landing at the same time.
    • Crowd controlling the target, so they have to break free or are rooted or slowed.
    A couple of more tips:
    • You need to keep your health up, let's say above the 70% mark. If you're on the attack, watch your health. If you are running away, don't just run away, watch your health and heal. Use a healing skill into a dodge roll. There is a certain amount of multi-tasking involved in this. The first thing I notice in new players is that they are slow or indecisive with their healing. You may make an exception, if you are doing a lot of damage to your target and have forced them into defense, but you have to be very careful, in particular against DKs. A DK will destroy you with their counter-attack when they pop an ultimate that heals them at the same time.
    • Whenever you are not on the attack, hide. I'm not kidding. Not always literally, but be paranoid. You need to keep your buffs up. Your armor buff. A heal over time. When those run out, you routinely have to recast a few defensive skills, depending on your build. You can often do this while your're on the move, running (not sprinting). Perhaps you are momentarily safe in a group or because your target is fleeing. In general, though, you always, always need to be aware of your environment. Where is the nearest wall, pillar, tree, doorway, rock, and so on? When you are in a buff phase that's where you go. You may not have to go into full hiding, but you should constantly modify your path so you are near an obstacle to dodge roll towards, especially when you are not fully buffed and, therefore, vulnerable.
    • Tab-target your target, so they have a white outline around them. You will be able to see them through walls. If you are in a 1v1 with that player, and you're feeling vulnerable, move so they are always on the opposite side of the tree from you.
    • There are two PvP playstyles. The tanky playstyle, which the others outlined above. I don't think 30K HP, 25K resistances and some Impen gear will save you without experience. You will pretty much die as quickly as before, but it's a baseline for being somewhat tanky. This suits necros, wardems, DKs and templars. There are two other classes where I would not necessarily give the same advice. Nightblades and sorcs thrive on mobility, on being fast. Sorc by virtue of having a mobility skill, Streak. Nightblades by virtue of the fact that they can disappear, if they are sufficiently fast to be out of detection range, when they start cloaking. To be honest, fast and elusive / annoying playstyles aren't 100% limited to sorc and nightblade. Speed is powerful in PvP, as is dodge rolling. I use Race Against Time, some Swift jewelry and Well-Fitted light / medium gear on my magplar and I prefer it. Celerity CP is a staple of every build, along with the out of combat speed from the green tree. You're going to grow into PvP habits of this or that nature. It is possible to grow into squishy, but fast builds instead of tanky ones and that's probably what I would recommend, if you were playing a cloaking nightblade.
    Edited by fred4 on June 19, 2022 4:51AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't go into my advice on build or anything, as there's a million build videos.

My advice on how to play though is to throw yourself into the deep end and play solo. Unless you get into 1v1s, you won't really learn the game.

I appreciate that dying over and over isn't fun though.

So, if I were you, I would follow a zerg. Even join a random zerg group. Go around with it, rolling over people. Get kills like that and have fun.

But....

When you get inside a keep, split away. Run around the side or back and try to cut off people coming into the keep. 99.99999% of your zerg will be on front door. So by splitting away, you'll end up in smaller fights, 1v1s and being our numbered.

So it'll give you that practice and experience of fighting like that. Which I think everyone needs to improve. And, if you do die, chances are someone will see you and res you, or there's a camp. So at least you can get back into the fight.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how I got into PvP too. I originally purchased ESO because it was the "next Skyrim". At first I was bummed it wasn't more like Skyrim. But I soon found myself addicted to PvP in ESO. The combat system is super addicting and really good....when it works. It is working better now, but with ridiculously low population caps and still tons of disconnects. So ZOS still has a very long way to go to revive PvP to even close to being as fun as it used to be. We need 24 man groups back and a population cap of at least 250 while maintaining performance.

PvP players pump money into ESO faster than any other subset of the player base. So it's mystifying to me why ZOS has let performance decline so radically over the years and has yet to follow through with their "we're working on it" claims.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I found out taking my Twice Born Star PVE build with al most no pen was kind of a mistake....

Once Born Star was a nice intro to getting killed a lot. Why does only 1 mundus stone work

I switched to Pariah and now want another defensive set....suggestions? I am not ready to be offensive, I just need to live!

When we say ganking - I am talking about a group of players beating the crap out of me - not like they actually NEED a a group to do this.

When I get stealth killed....what do we call that? Like when a NB is just waiting by a gate, picking people off with a bow and poison, then a big burst.

Stanking?

Getting stanked, I get it. Tis part of the game. So must learn to counter this...is there an anti stank set?

1v1 I am terrible...from what I see on my stats my dps is really, really low...so I suspect poor pen (running around 7k base)
    • Then is is controller dexterity, I find I am not facing correctly, or timing well (missing a dodge roll, never blocking, bar swapping always seems to get missed in time, quick slot has a ballista slotted instead of a potion)
    • Resource management NOT a problem (except for Health) because I die to fast

I gotta join a guild...and play with others to get it. It is terrifying.

@Brrrofski Yes, joining Zergs are fun. A lot of fun. Even though it is mayhem, there are some strategies, like healing, rezzing, picking off, and yes, ganking others...

Love Keep defense and attack.

Once in a while I can take out a resource (ie. farm) by myself. But when opponents appear...bad idea. will stop doing this.

@fred4 " keep your health up" - I run a Templar - so been Radiant Ward Restoring Focus on a bar and have about an extra second. But still my lame game play gets me done in

@Artim_X - hmmm i actually don't have a stun....Templar running 2H & bow...suggestions?

@EdmonDontes - WOW used to have awesome RAIDS....but that was so 2009...

@TheCompton73 "your CP into defensive or healing stars" - thank you, respeccing

Hey People - thanks for the advice and support!

Z6
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    @Artim_X - hmmm i actually don't have a stun....Templar running 2H & bow...suggestions

For bow, the magnum shot morph of the scatter shot skill.

For 2H, dizzying swing is a classic.

However for templar, the most fun stun is probably the binding javelin morph of piercing javelin, which is found in the aedric spear skilltree.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I found out taking my Twice Born Star PVE build with al most no pen was kind of a mistake....

Once Born Star was a nice intro to getting killed a lot. Why does only 1 mundus stone work
    As soon as you take TBS off, or if you don't have it on both bars, you lose the second mundus for good. You have to go back to a mundus stone to get it back. This has been a long-standing bug / feature with that set. As I have multiple gear layouts on most of my characters, it makes the set completely unuseable for me.
    I switched to Pariah and now want another defensive set....suggestions? I am not ready to be offensive, I just need to live!
    PvP tanking is a discipline unto itself. It's a dead end. A cul de sac. Only go for this, if you want to troll people. Your fate as a tank is to be zerged down eventually. It is only a matter of time. If you get a kick out of how long / against how many players you can hold out, then OK, go for it. I'm just afraid that it won't teach you how to be a good player in terms of PvP objectives, making alliance points, making Tel Var ... or even changing districts in Imperial City. Once you have aggroed a few NPCs in that place, you have a hard time killing them as a pure tank and that means you can't change districts. Tanking doesn't teach you how to be a good PvPer. It is a discipline unto itself and only teaches you how to be a good PvP tank, a role that is quite useless these days. There was a time when PvP tanks could help debuff players' healing. These days I see little value in tanks. Big distinction between tanks, which I'm talking about here, and being a tanky PvPer, which is entirely different. Two defensive sets, e.g. combining Pariah with a similar set, would IMO push you into pure tank territory.
    When we say ganking - I am talking about a group of players beating the crap out of me
    That's called being zerged down. Numbers win. That's the same for everyone. The best way to survive as a solo player in the face of superior numbers is IMO to play a mobility class, e.g. nightblade or sorc.
    - not like they actually NEED a a group to do this.
    Yeah, OK. That's lack of experience, of course.
    When I get stealth killed....what do we call that?
    Ganking.
    is there an anti stgank set?
    There actually are some:
    • Zoal combined with Slippery CP. This will stun a melee ganker right back. TBH you still need experience to know what you're doing afterwards, but it will prevent many gankers from killing you outright, even if you play a squishy build. I love Zoal.
    • Radiant Magelight. Passively inhibits the stun from a ganker's opening attack, thus allowing you to block, move and stay responsive.
    • Juggernaut set. There are a variety of sets that allow you to recover from the brink of death. Juggernaut has been nerfed, but I think it's probably still the best. A half decent heal and 20K extra resistances when you fall below 30% health. The set is a bit finnicky and not always reliable. It may not always proc when needed and, at other times, proc for no reason. It's still good as far as anti-ganking sets go.
    • Meridia's Blessed Armor. Allows you to ignore most attacks for 5 seconds. This requires you to be more active in triggering the set. Shorter cooldown, but also shorter protection window. When you learn how to be mobile and are heading for the nearest line of sight opportunity, rock, tree, etc., activating Blessed Armor can be surprisingly finnicky. Blocking slows you big time. Catching damage by blocking to activate the set doesn't always happen so easily, when you want it.
    1v1 I am terrible...from what I see on my stats my dps is really, really low...so I suspect poor pen (running around 7k base)
    You don't have high pen, but pen is not the only build strategy anymore. A typical templar build involves Deadly Strikes and a buffed Sweeps / Jabs tooltip in excess of 4K in CP.
    Then is is controller dexterity, I find I am not facing correctly, or timing well (missing a dodge roll, never blocking, bar swapping always seems to get missed in time, quick slot has a ballista slotted instead of a potion)
    If you are on PC, don't use a controller. Learn to play with keyboard and mouse and remap the interrupt / break free key to a separate key. Keyboard and mouse is more precise. Anyone playing that will have an advantage against you. Only on console, everyone is using a controller, I assume.
    I gotta join a guild...and play with others to get it. It is terrifying.
    I was in some PvP guilds at the beginning. Playing in groups can be very strong, but the typical beginner group with a leader who barks out instructions on Discord is IMO not that strong nor do you learn all that much. IMO the best starting place is duelling and, perhaps, BGs.
    I run a Templar - so been Radiant Ward Restoring Focus on a bar and have about an extra second. But still my lame game play gets me done in
    Have you been watching Kristofer? He played a shielding templar at one point. It can work, but you need high health (40K to 50K) and, if you want to have killing potential, your high health and the shield will be your defense without actually being tanky in terms of resistances. Blazing Shield was a strong skill in the distant past. Then it got nerfed. That is also not a heal. Nor is Restoring Focus. Yes, standing on the rune heals you, but the game is IMO far too fast paced these days for "standing in the templar house", as ZOS used to call it, to be viable. If so, then the house has to be based on Extended Ritual, which has a much larger radius than the rune. If these two things are your uppermost defenses in your mind, then I sense a major problem in your build or playstyle, since you have not mentioned any (actually useful) heals.
    @Artim_X - hmmm i actually don't have a stun....Templar running 2H & bow...suggestions?
    So you're a stamplar. Don't do that. Seriously. Do not play that class. It is squishy and hard to play. Magicka templar (magplar) is much better. Why is that? Healing! Many builds that seem tanky in PvP are, in fact, high healing builds. Resistances and shields are helpful, but are nothing if you do not heal. On the other hand, I would not specifically invest into healing either, unless I was a dedicated healer in a group. In other words, do not invest into healing CP. The paradigm for success in PvP is to build for maximum damage and maximum healing by selecting parameters that buff both. Use skills that heal from doing damage. Build into spell damage on templar above all else. Build into some half-decent crit. These are parameters that help both. There are a huge number of ifs, buts and exceptions to this rule, but nonetheless you should keep this in mind.

Magplar's Puncturing Sweeps heals you. It doesn't heal you very much in PvP, but everything adds up. Yes, you should use Honor the Dead as an emergency burst heal, but only in emergencies. If you get backed into a corner spamming that heal, it is too late. You will likely die. You need ongoing healing. If you were to remain a stamplar, then you would very likely want Resolving Vigor and Rally both. Vigor for (somewhat) ongoing healing, Rally for a burst heal. Either way, Living Dark has been a staple heal for templars. Very strong last patch, but nerfed this patch. You'd need to talk to someone else to confirm whether it's still worth running. Rapid Regen or Radiating Regen are both good, if you're running a resto staff. Extended Ritual is templar's signature skill that purges harmful effects and leaves a puddle on the ground that heals you. Use it, despite the prevalence of Plaguebreak.

Then there is mobility. Use Race Against Time or be a vamp and use Mist Form. The latter is the strongest survivability measure you can take on non-mobility classes in general.

Let me link a build I made a little while ago. I do not play vamps, by the way. Someone had asked for a PvP healer. I made a build, tested it, but didn't like being a healer myself, so tilted the build back towards doing damage myself, while still being very survivable ... the fred4 style:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=440989

Note first of all that I'm wearing some extremely stat-dense sets all round. Magma, Markyn, Wretched Vitality, Rallying Cry and 1x Trainee are some of the most stat-dense (meta) and balanced (offensive + defensive) sets you can use. I love Zoal, but for this setup I chose Magma and Rallying Cry for the group buffs those sets can provide to others.

The second thing to note is that this setup, while being slightly tanky via the set choices and using 3x heavy, also leans towards sustain and dodge rolling support, by using 3x light, 1x medium and all Well Fitted gear. It also incorporates speed via 3x Swift jewelry, Race Against Time, Celerity CP and Steed's Blessing CP.

Thirdly, let's talk about that sustain, shall we? You may notice a very odd thing that I do. Not only do I use Wretched Vitality for magicka and stamina sustain, I use Restoring Focus on magplar. The latter gives you stamina sustain while blocking or sprinting and adds up to just a lot of stamina sustain in general, far more than most people run on magicka builds. This is deliberate. Being able to sprint and to dodge roll is a life saver. There was a time when really tanky templar worked for me, but that hasn't been true for a long time. Being fast and having dodge roll sustain, that's what plays well and saves you in PvP.

Fourth, look at all the healing. The healing in this build is a bit over the top, because it started out as a healer, but only slightly. I actually did invest into one healing CP star. We have Sweeps, Echoing Vigor and Radiating Regen stacking, Living Dark, Honor the Dead for emergencies and Extended Ritual (Restoring Focus technically as well).

The build manages a 4K buffed Sweeps tooltip as well. It won't kill good players, but a lot of templar's power is bound up in Sweeps. It will kill bad ones and is very survivable against multiple bad players.

There are a couple of things I would change whenever I resume playing this build. I think I already got rid of Echoing Vigor for something else ... probably Purifying Light ... since I found the healing rotation a bit too elaborate and unnecessary for the solo / small-group gameplay I do. I might use Exploiter CP instead of the healing CP, since Toppling Charge procs off balance. I will probably start using Bracing Anchor CP instead of Slippery. Finally I might move 1H+S to the front bar. I quite often use Spell Wall anyway and 1H+S actually yields slightly better stats / damage than the resto staff.

This is not the be all / end all templar build, but maybe - if you made it this far - hearing the thought process and priorities behind it was helpful.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When we say ganking - I am talking about a group of players beating the crap out of me - not like they actually NEED a a group to do this.

-The thing with Twice Born Star is if you unequip it, you lose one of your mundus buff evrn if you re-equip it.

-When I want to be full on tanky, I use Pariah and Torug's Pact.

ArmorSet bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (3 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (4 items) Adds 1487 Armor
    (5 items) Decreases weapon enchantment cooldown by 33% and increases non Oblivion Damage weapon enchantment potency by 45%.

Not only does this make you more tanky, it gives your favorite enchants a bit more oomph.

-Imperial City can be quite stressful with entire groups stacked on top of each other just to farm others. Other than invisibility potions (Blue Entoloma, Blessed Thistle, and Namira's Rot for major expedition as well) if you're not a nightblade, being a vampire gives you some nice passives despite the drawbacks.

Unnatural Movement:

While you are at Vampire Stage 4: Reduces the cost of Sprint by 50%. If you continuously Sprint for 3 seconds you automatically become invisible. I can run an entire district in Imperial City with ever leaving invisibility. Can use a potion to get back stamina lost from running, since I'm a Sorc I just use dark deal.

Dark Stalker:

Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak. Decreases the time it takes to enter Sneak by 50%. Can move decently fast while in a hidden state and works at stage 1.

Undeath:

While you are at vampire stage 3 or higher: Reduces your damage taken by up to 30% based on your missing Health. This is like a passive version of Pariah and works with Pariah. Only requires stage 3 and if the intial gank doesn't kill ya then you should be able to take a hit while recovering from it.

-For penetration, you can use the Lover's mundus or make your weapons sharpened or even both. Although if you don't want to mess with what you have going on too much, then maybe using a skill that applies major breach will help you.

Psijic Order skill Crushing Weapon:

Infuse your weapon with power, causing your next Light Attack used within 2 seconds to deal an additional 2160 Physical Damage and applying Major Breach to the target, reducing their Physical and Spell Resistance by 5948 for 5 seconds. If the power is not consumed in time, you restore 1620 Stamina.

Any morph of the Puncture skill in the shield and board skilltree.

Any morph of the Weakness to Elements skill in the destruction staff skilltree.

-Practice makes perfect. Before engaging in a fight, make sure the potion you need is already slotted. I mapped use ultimate and interrupt to toggle camera and cycle quest so I don't have to waste too much time pressing two buttons to trigger these important actions.
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    Electric-Ward
    Electric-Vamp
    Dawnfang
    Duskfang
    PvE Starter Gear
    Race
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zama666 no joke, @fred4 is right about a magplar being easier to play. Definitely give their message a read if you're willing to go that route.
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    Electric-Ward
    Electric-Vamp
    Dawnfang
    Duskfang
    PvE Starter Gear
    Race
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zama666, read Artim_X post for his insights into playing a stage 4 vampire. I do however need to take issue with someone recommending Torug's Pact in this day and age:
    Artim_X wrote: »

ArmorSet bonus
    (5 items) Decreases weapon enchantment cooldown by 33% and increases non Oblivion Damage weapon enchantment potency by 45%.

Not only does this make you more tanky, it gives your favorite enchants a bit more oomph.
    The 3K armor from that set equates to about 4.5% damage mitigation. In case you're not aware how that compares to the 1650 crit resist from Rallying Cry, let me put that in perspective. 1650 crit resist = 25% crit damage mitigation. When someone crits you - you know, the hits that will actually kill you - that amount of crit resist lobs off a full 25% off their crit modifier. Rallying Cry also gives you valuable crit % (for a templar), extra weapon / spell damage, and buffs others. There is just no comparison between a meta set of today and a meta set of yesteryear, such as Torug's Pact, unless you have a specific use case for the 5 item bonus of Torug's Pact in mind.
    Edited by fred4 on June 19, 2022 7:50PM
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    @Zama666, read Artim_X post for his insights into playing a stage 4 vampire. I do however need to take issue with someone recommending Torug's Pact in this day and age:
    Artim_X wrote: »

ArmorSet bonus

The 3K armor from that set equates to about 4.5% damage mitigation. In case you're not aware how that compares to the 1650 crit resist from Rallying Cry, let me put that in perspective. 1650 crit resist = 25% crit damage mitigation. When someone crits you - you know, the hits that will actually kill you - that amount of crit resist lobs off a full 25% off their crit modifier. Rallying Cry also gives you valuable crit % (for a templar), extra weapon / spell damage, and buffs others. There is just no comparison between a meta set of today and a meta set of yesteryear, such as Torug's Pact, unless you have a specific use case for the 5 item bonus of Torug's Pact in mind.

Definitely gotta a point there. Although I do like that it still works in a nocp environment and to reduce the cooldown of oblivion damage enchants when a tanky boi pops up in the field.

Rallying Cry sounds like a plan for being less squishy to ganks while providing support to others. Just gotta make sure that buff is always active, which is quite easy with the reasonable cooldown.
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    Electric-Heal
    • My Healer Build.
    Electric-Ward
    Electric-Vamp
    Dawnfang
    Duskfang
    PvE Starter Gear
    Race
    Mundus Stones
    Current Champion Points
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always forget about Ravenwatch.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op if you want a second set that will help you survive without completely sacrificing offensive stats I'd recommend: https://eso-sets.com/set/lekis-focus
    It has a line of max stam, one of w/s damage and the line with a bit of recovery. Losing 5% Aoe damage is a small sacrifice for 100% uptime on Major evasion. It will knock 20% damage off of nearby vicious death procs, plaguebreak procs, occult overload procs, dark conversion procs, nearly every ability used by bombers, Templar sweeps, dawnbreakers, and every other AOE ability people use.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always have fun in Cyro, but I think the reason why is because I put most of my effort at pve (making my builds, learning my rotation and mechanics, etc.), so when I go to Cyro it's purely to relax and not play competitively-- it sounds strange, but it's my 'unwind from end-game pve' time, and as such, I don't mind how I play, I just try to play for the map, help my alliance and have fun in the chat :smiley:

OP, I think if you want to be more survivable and enjoy pvp even more, then get a dedicated pvp build and stack health at first so you wont die fast and have a chance to learn your combos and so on. Also, a good idea would be to join a pvp guild and ask the seasoned players there how they play. I think it will come with practice, so if you enjoy it, it doesn't matter if you die too fast, you will improve with time (or be a zergling like me, yolo'ing in a pve build--I don't recommend, but it's still fun :lol:).
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Op if you want a second set that will help you survive without completely sacrificing offensive stats I'd recommend: https://eso-sets.com/set/lekis-focus
    It has a line of max stam, one of w/s damage and the line with a bit of recovery. Losing 5% Aoe damage is a small sacrifice for 100% uptime on Major evasion. It will knock 20% damage off of nearby vicious death procs, plaguebreak procs, occult overload procs, dark conversion procs, nearly every ability used by bombers, Templar sweeps, dawnbreakers, and every other AOE ability people use.
    Recommending a set that knocks off 5% of Jabs / Sweeps damage and indirectly Sweeps healing is pretty darn questionable. Wearing that set on a templar amounts exactly to "sacrificing all damage" in so far as what you're getting from the set. A line of Weapon and Spell Damage (and stamina on stamplar) giveth, but the 5-piece bonus taketh away. Yes, the game treats Jabs / Sweeps as an AOE skill, even the single-target component of that skill.

Should the OP remain a 2H / bow stamplar, then wearing 5 medium and running Shuffle synergises with the bow back bar. The bow provides the Major Expedition you might get from RAT in a magicka build, while Shuffle provides the Major Evasion and snare immunity.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! I think that's pretty much how everyone gets into PvP! If you really want to take the plunge I'd suggest joining a guild. That's how I really got into it and got better. Plenty of folks there willing to help new folks learning how to play. AoC in Raven has a lot of good folks. In CP (BR at least), DoD, Offliners, and WE are all great guilds (although I'm biased on WE as a co-GM).
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome! I think that's pretty much how everyone gets into PvP! If you really want to take the plunge I'd suggest joining a guild. That's how I really got into it and got better. Plenty of folks there willing to help new folks learning how to play. AoC in Raven has a lot of good folks. In CP (BR at least), DoD, Offliners, and WE are all great guilds (although I'm biased on WE as a co-GM).
    So these guilds are on which platform and the OP is playing on which platform?
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So these guilds are on which platform and the OP is playing on which platform?

Ah, right thanks! PC-NA
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

100% need to learn from others by playing with them!

PC-NA is where I roost...
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommending a set that knocks off 5% of Jabs / Sweeps damage and indirectly Sweeps healing is pretty darn questionable. Wearing that set on a templar amounts exactly to "sacrificing all damage" in so far as what you're getting from the set. A line of Weapon and Spell Damage (and stamina on stamplar) giveth, but the 5-piece bonus taketh away. Yes, the game treats Jabs / Sweeps as an AOE skill, even the single-target component of that skill.

Should the OP remain a 2H / bow stamplar, then wearing 5 medium and running Shuffle synergises with the bow back bar. The bow provides the Major Expedition you might get from RAT in a magicka build, while Shuffle provides the Major Evasion and snare immunity.

He wants to survive long enough to learn how to play his class so it's a great training wheels set. Now if OP has the room on their ability bar and is ready to manage the cost and timing of casting Shuffle to keep near 100% uptime then the set would be redundant. But having one of the most powerful defensive buffs without having to worry about uptime makes it a great starter set for someone just looking to learn the ropes.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I SUCK at PvP...but want more..

More-so Cyrodiil than Imperial City...but would would like to enjoy IC more...but I die way too quick...

This happen to anyone else?

Finding what works for you is a bigger grind that getting gear. Keep trying multiple classes. Always get enough sustain and resistances and when your comfortable with those then work towards more dmg. Also try BG's their a pressure cooker, being good in BG's will always make you better in IC and Cyro.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only