Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PS] Companions attacking NPCs, getting bounties

allochthons
allochthons
✭✭✭
About 5 minutes after walking into High Isle, Bastion attacked a guard (with no provocation) and got me a bounty. A friend playing earlier had Isobel do the same. Neither of us were anywhere near combat, just standing around with our companions.
She/They
PS5/NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Did you happen to be in Castle Navire? If so, there's an open issue where some NPCs will unintentionally cause you to get bounty which we'll be fixing in a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @allochthons Thanks for reaching out. Has this happened more than once? If you are able to replicate, could you get a clip of this happening? This would better help detail this issue to the Dev team. Thanks!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Eclipse318
    Eclipse318
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me! IIRC Bastian attacked someone at the docks when we first arrived before the first zone quest. It may have even been a guard? I was focused on running away, not who he was attacking.

"Great first impression in a new city, Bastian, thanks a lot for that..."
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin, I was just standing in The Ancient Anchor Inn with Bastion, and my friend was standing on the docks in Gonfalon Bay with Isobel. We were not fighting, or anything, and our companions just attacked.
    If it happens again, I'll get a clip, it's out of my video buffer now.

We're both on PS4.
    She/They
    PS5/NA
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eclipse318 wrote: »
    I was focused on running away, not who he was attacking.

Wow...
    imagine Bastian doing that every time you attack something...

Pretty one-sided friendship, eh?
    You'd better help him if he has a beef with someone and obviously wants to kick their ass of their own free will

:trollface:
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is related, but Monday evening I was in one Atoll of Immolation waiting for the last boss to spawn and a bunch of companions engaged in combat repeatedly. All of the companions engaging were set up as tanks. They were casting skills, walking away from players over and over again.

At first I thought it had something to do with the players who were camping the Fire Behemoth inside the lava pool on the way to the last boss, but that is too far away to trigger actions by companions (and my Tormentor did not react as if combat was happening) and some times there were no players on that path, still the companions were acting like they were entering combat.

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 5 minutes after walking into High Isle, Bastion attacked a guard (with no provocation) and got me a bounty. A friend playing earlier had Isobel do the same. Neither of us were anywhere near combat, just standing around with our companions.
    :o
    https://youtu.be/zc6xBFZbrTc
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?