The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, Thank you for fixing HDR for Xbox!

JasonSilverSpring
JasonSilverSpring
✭✭✭✭✭
While I did not see anything in the patch notes that references this, I want to tell you how excited I was to see that the HDR issues seem to be fixed. The game is much brighter in default mode (perhaps too bright at default). And, there are multiple new HDR adjustments. This is such a huge improvement! Before I had to use vivid which I dislike just to be able to see anything at night or in delves.

I feel like I am playing a new game!

Thanks for addressing this. Now that HDR works really well, please add it for PC users too. :-)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback here on your experience with HDR, @JasonSilverSpring. Appreciate it and we'll pass it on to the team..
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likewise for PS5! Nice to see it finally working properly!
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likewise for PS5! Nice to see it finally working properly!

Glad they fixed it for PS as well. Great news.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Also they have added water reflections to Performance Mode on Xbox Series S! Very pleased to see this. :)
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear, looking forward to firing up the console after work!
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great finally. Hated adjusting upon each login.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We accidentally forgot to include this in the patch notes initially (guilty...) but just added a write up to explain what we added and improved for HDR! For visibility, here is what was added to the patch notes just now:

HDR Improvements
    We had previously made improvements to our console HDR implementation by adding a new hue-preserving mode (Default), but it lacked proper settings for configuring it to fit your viewing environment and display and the “HDR Brightness” slider never functioned properly. In Update 34, we’ve addressed this by adding several new configuration settings:
    • HDR Scene Brightness
    • HDR Scene Contrast
    • HDR UI Brightness
    • HDR UI Contrast
    These allow you to adjust the brightness and contrast levels of the game and UI independently, and to what best fits your environment.

Additionally, we have refactored and fixed the old brightness slider and named it “HDR Peak Brightness.” This defaults to 500 nits but can be adjusted up or down to fit your display and preferences.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the above was listed in PS patch notes.

I would like to add my thanks as well. I’m still fiddling with the sliders to get things to look mostly like I had before, but brighter overall. It is much better at night though for sure.

I don’t see the regular brightness screen where you adjust to see the three rings, looks like that has been removed or moved somewhere that I cannot find. Was this intentional?

Thanks again for the improvements.
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dazzaw
    Dazzaw
    ✭✭
    This is brilliant. Also excellent timing. I bought a neo qled TV last week and the game looks amazing but the UI melted my eyes 😳 so now I can fix that 👍
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    This is the best thing about this dlc!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game looks the best it's ever looked with the new sliders. Visually, it's absolutely stunning now. Well done ZOS!
    PS4NA
  • NickFirzen
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_AlexTardif So does this mean that I can finally look forward for PC HDR arrival in Q3/Q4 dlc? 🙏
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say it's a whole new experience 🙂🙂🙂

I had my HDR settings off, but now after reactivating it looks stunning.

Great job 👍👍 :3
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A looooong time coming but here to also say thanks
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Dauntess13
    Dauntess13
    ✭✭
    This is a lot better but there's one issue. It appears the default UI brightness is when the slider is all the way to the left. As you increase the HDR peak brightness, the UI also gets brighter, which ends up making the UI way too bright. The default UI brightness, the slider should be in the middle which would allow us to actually dim it. The game looks fabulous with the right settings but that UI is just to bright.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish it launched with the settings that matched the old additional-sliders free colour and lightning, because I've not quite been able to get it back to what I'm used to but it's really nice to know if I play on another telly I can adjust the settings to something that works way better than "on" or "off"!
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NickFirzen wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_AlexTardif So does this mean that I can finally look forward for PC HDR arrival in Q3/Q4 dlc? 🙏

:heart:
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Dauntess13
    Dauntess13
    ✭✭

Additionally, we have refactored and fixed the old brightness slider and named it “HDR Peak Brightness.” This defaults to 500 nits but can be adjusted up or down to fit your display and preferences.

About how many nits is one click on the slider? I'm guessing 50.

• cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get some HDR settings on the PC side? Also, an overhaul on "brightness" slider that is really a gamma slider would be appreciated. A lot of people think the game is washed out and look for reshade to fix a problem that could be solved if just the in game brightness setting was overhauled a bit and easier for people to set up properly. Also would suggest brightening up the shadow areas individually like how "Daybreak dev" was able to do...the reason people have to up their brightness/gamma in the game is because of the shadows being photo friendly instead of human-eye friendly (human eyes adjust to shadows naturally to be able to see where photos are static and thus darker). The upping of those values causes the colors to wash out and then they look for other solutions.