The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS5 Map Trouble

RNGeeze
RNGeeze
✭✭✭
I’m not sure if it’s exclusive to the ps5 or all consoles but the map is too bright now to the point it’s hard to make things out. This scry for instance took way to long to see what side of the map it even was on. For a long time the map was hampered by less zoom level than last gen but this is more troubling. d3xzd5R.png

*Seems like there’s a new setting or they decided to mess with an existing one, hdr ui brightness. I don’t mess with the video options much so it was a surprise things were off kilter but knocking it all the way down brings it in line with how things looked before the update.
Edited by RNGeeze on June 21, 2022 11:37AM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for this, @RNGeeze, we'll pass this on. If anyone else on PS5 is having this issue, please chime in the thread with a screenshot. Just want to make sure if this is impacting more PS5 units or an isolated occurrence.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @RNGeeze Are you able to check if you toggled on accessibility mode? Want to make sure that isn't causing the map issue for you.

If you could try adjusting your contrast option (brightness and HDR), that would be great to test and make sure we rule that out as an issue. Thank you.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 21, 2022 11:54AM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I checked accessibility mode first since I had turned it on by mistake a bit earlier but it was off. I didn’t need to mess with the contrast options when I noticed the hud was blown out in color I figured the setting was specific to the user interface. HDR UI Brightness was set to like 6 or 7 so I dropped it to the minimum and things look much better. Thanks for the quick follow up.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. I was able to get a somewhat working mode by reducing HDR UI brightness and increasing contrast. It's not perfect but doable.

I also had to change the normal HDR brightness and contrast as it was changed (again). It seems with every new major update you are changing the HDR settings. Wish it would be done good once and for all.
  • ShawnF
    ShawnF
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, PS5, OLED 4k TV, but also when accessing the PS5 using remote play - so it's probably not the TV. The intro screen is painful to look at, I had to adjust overall HDR brightness down to about 20%, UI brightness to around 5%, and UI contrast up pretty high to be able to use the map at all.

I didn't touch the accessibility mode settings.

At least one other guild member is having the same trouble. No need for a second screenshot, it's exactly the same as the top of this thread.

Related (maybe) when I see messages about "someone picked up the elder scroll of chim" the colors are off. It would show the player name in an odd light orange color, and then right as the message disappeared it would pop to the usual ebonheart red. If I get a chance I'll try to capture that just in case there's some underlying color issue.