The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Video Capture - Colours Off. Help please!

Taraezor
Taraezor
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Desperately reaching out for a solution here...

I record my plays. I have hundreds. Only twice have I experienced a problem. Once each on two different computers.

The problem is that my video was way too bright and had a yellow cast. When the in-game map was opened the screen is filled with glowing, brilliant yellows and yellowed whites - it hurts the eyes!

At the time when I was playing I did NOT notice a problem. If this had occurred in-game then it would have been very very apparent.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with recording in-game play throughs?

(Equipment RTX 3080 ti. Problem also happened on my older GTX 1080 ti. I have a ton of memory on both cards as well as the Motherboards, I record at 4K/60p and 2K/60p respectively. I use the Geforce overlay for capture, at highest allowable setting for the respective cards).

Please note that I am not being picky. What I am describing is really gross and not just something only a pro would notice. I am not faulting the game - I am aware that night for example is simulated with a blue wash. The problem could be hardware related. Looking for a solution, say, to adjust certain settings on hardware or in-game.
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    kbsoohxckm4n.png
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    ujkos6q92rrn.png
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taraezor wrote: »
    Hi all,

Desperately reaching out for a solution here...

I record my plays. I have hundreds. Only twice have I experienced a problem. Once each on two different computers.

The problem is that my video was way too bright and had a yellow cast. When the in-game map was opened the screen is filled with glowing, brilliant yellows and yellowed whites - it hurts the eyes!

At the time when I was playing I did NOT notice a problem. If this had occurred in-game then it would have been very very apparent.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with recording in-game play throughs?

(Equipment RTX 3080 ti. Problem also happened on my older GTX 1080 ti. I have a ton of memory on both cards as well as the Motherboards, I record at 4K/60p and 2K/60p respectively. I use the Geforce overlay for capture, at highest allowable setting for the respective cards).

Please note that I am not being picky. What I am describing is really gross and not just something only a pro would notice. I am not faulting the game - I am aware that night for example is simulated with a blue wash. The problem could be hardware related. Looking for a solution, say, to adjust certain settings on hardware or in-game.

Check you haven't got a nvidia filter on. It could also be hdr being odd so I'd look into that too as my laptop does the same when streamed to it but pc monitor is fine.

Have you tried obs to capture your footage? May worth testing as if that doesn't have the issue then it is nvidia capture link.

Good luck!
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah players swear by OBS. About time I tried it out I suspect.

I had a deeper look. I have the gamma in in-game settings set up high, about half way. That is above suggested brightness at least on my monitor. I have old eyes and a heavy glasses prescription lol. So... setting the gamma quite low - following the in-game guidelines... everything is now quite dark for me but the maps are "okay" - still bright and suspiciously washed out but only if you have a critical eye. Acceptable.

It just means that if I want to record video of questing at night time (in-game) on a moonless night then... just don't.

HDR not a problem for me but yeah... that's a battle I gave up on on playstation - I insist on playing with HDR but the video captured by the playstation, even when I try to convert it skillfully is really bad so I just don't bother trying lol.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taraezor wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah players swear by OBS. About time I tried it out I suspect.

I had a deeper look. I have the gamma in in-game settings set up high, about half way. That is above suggested brightness at least on my monitor. I have old eyes and a heavy glasses prescription lol. So... setting the gamma quite low - following the in-game guidelines... everything is now quite dark for me but the maps are "okay" - still bright and suspiciously washed out but only if you have a critical eye. Acceptable.

It just means that if I want to record video of questing at night time (in-game) on a moonless night then... just don't.

HDR not a problem for me but yeah... that's a battle I gave up on on playstation - I insist on playing with HDR but the video captured by the playstation, even when I try to convert it skillfully is really bad so I just don't bother trying lol.

You could see if you can change the map by using an addon that recolours it maybe? Alternatively lower it on your game then with obs you can add 2 sources of the game. Crop one to mini map and overlay over the top of the game. This will then let you add colour filters with obs to that part I.e. the minimap in your recordings. As for in game, the nvidia things may have a filter you can apply to a portion of the screen I.e. minimap region and colour that part only.

Good luck!
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/