The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is mist form broken for anyone else and why?

Cuddlypuff
Cuddlypuff
✭✭✭✭
Day 1 PVP mist form enjoyer here. What is actually going on with this skill and it's morphs that prevents it from activating reliably like any other skill in the game? It takes anywhere between 2,3,4,5,6 (until you die or give up activating) to actually turn the thing on. Then if you do manage to activate it for a quick 2 second escape thru an ulti dump, it somehow resets your cc immunity and costs you another 4k stam (which you probably don't even have) to break free.

Google search shows some posts from years ago about similar struggles but nowadays so many people still run it. Does that mean it works for others or have they just accepted the unreliability? Is it worse for people with high ping (mine is ~300)? What could possibly be the technical reason for an instant cast time skill not working 80% of the time on the first keypress? And how has it not been fixed in years despite developers constantly reworking the skill with countless nerfs?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 21, 2022 2:29AM
  • CharlieFreak
    CharlieFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    Day 1 PVP mist form enjoyer here. What is actually going on with this skill and it's morphs that prevents it from activating reliably like any other skill in the game? It takes anywhere between 2,3,4,5,6 (until you die or give up activating) to actually turn the thing on. Then if you do manage to activate it for a quick 2 second escape thru an ulti dump, it somehow resets your cc immunity and costs you another 4k stam (which you probably don't even have) to break free.

Google search shows some posts from years ago about similar struggles but nowadays so many people still run it. Does that mean it works for others or have they just accepted the unreliability? Is it worse for people with high ping (mine is ~300)? What could possibly be the technical reason for an instant cast time skill not working 80% of the time on the first keypress? And how has it not been fixed in years despite developers constantly reworking the skill with countless nerfs?

It usually works OK for me, but in the last couple of weeks I've been having problems with it, too. Mainly, getting it to turn on. Pressing multiple times to no avail and being killed because of it.

I just wrote it off as lag, but lately I've seen other players complaining about it in zone chat, as well.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist form works for me quite well have not had issues with it, the only time it fails me if a whole gorup of players singles me out and throws all they have at me before I get away.
    Edited by RedTalon on June 20, 2022 9:36AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It behaves for me as if there's an unlisted half second cast time (artificial lag), I normally have ~100 ping. It's been like this a long time, and most of Cyro has abandoned it in favor of the much more reliable Race Against Time.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It behaves for me as if there's an unlisted half second cast time (artificial lag), I normally have ~100 ping. It's been like this a long time, and most of Cyro has abandoned it in favor of the much more reliable Race Against Time.

Haha are you suggesting that it's deliberately broken to prevent players from running it? I can't think of any other skill that has this problem. I've pretty much built around crutching on mist form this patch and it's very disappointing (and triggering) that it doesn't work properly.