Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What are the best xp grinds?

FluffWit
FluffWit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Mine...
-the 10 quests in Cheydenhall, Cyrodiil. Take 30 mins lots of xp, decent loot
-normal Dragonstar. Would never have finished leveling Mirri if it wasnt for this.
-master writs. Hands down the fastest I've found but obviously you need a crafter, mats and master writs.

I know theres plenty of others- mob farms, dolmen trains, Spellscar, Skyreach etc.

What's your go to?

Mainly asking because a friend recently came back on a new account but he works like 80 hours a week so I'm trying to help him a little on the weekends without sucking the fun out of them game.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 17, 2022 2:04AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the most time efficient is the blackrose prison farm

i personally prefer using dragonstar to level companions (already have ember at 20 and isobel at 11) lol

for personal character leveling my favorite place to grind is imperial city, i do public dungeons until lvl 10 (for skill pts) and then hop straight into IC lol, my fastest solo grind was during event with xp scroll i went from 10 to 50 in IC in 12.5 hours (not counting the thousands of tel var and hundreds of key frags i made doing this too)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPC mass murder, lots of XP and tons of gold.
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually just dolmen train in Alik'r. Get lots of decon material to sell that way. :)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shhhhhhhh
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    For pure XP gain I have found nothing better than nBRP. I level my crafters to 50 there and after just finishing another 18 toon acct and over 400 crafters I cannot think of any other place faster.

But....if you want to make some gold at the same time I guess Dolmens for jewelry is a good one...if you can take the mind numbing boredom.

I do however like Necrotech's suggestion of IC farming tel var. If you could get enough while levelling you could make some good coin.

For CP Xp masterwrits is the fastest especially if you pre-make everything ahead of an event. But these days you need to make some decent gold to buy both the Masterwrits and mats required. Unless you have a lot of crafters and surveys ;)

I do however think if you are intending to play the toon you are levelling and are unfamiliar with the class, levelling via quests and overland content and working your way thru World bosses and then dungeons and trials is the only way to go.

Good hunting

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SgtWinnie wrote: »
    I do however like Necrotech's suggestion of IC farming tel var. If you could get enough while levelling you could make some good coin.

if im leveling outside of an event, i can usually make enough tel var to be able to buy between 4 and 6 hakeijo (on PC/NA avg cost of these is like 60k+ gold each)

the key frags alone can still fetch upwards 400-425g (on PC/NA)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, IC could be good. The guy I'm trying to help likes pvp so that aspect of it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Thanks guys, IC could be good. The guy I'm trying to help likes pvp so that aspect of it shouldn't be a problem.

if your farming in IC if you want to avoid pvp, would suggest staying in sewer near your alliance base

if your looking for pvp, go to the surface and kill the roaming district bosses, fighting those and players at the same time can get spicy lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first add waves of normal Blackrose Prison are the best XP/h you can get. Just reset the 2nd wave just before it ends and you'll get mindless amounts of XP making skyreach look like a trickle.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For pure XP gain I have found nothing better than nBRP. I level my crafters to 50 there and after just finishing another 18 toon acct and over 400 crafters I cannot think of any other place faster.

But....if you want to make some gold at the same time I guess Dolmens for jewelry is a good one...if you can take the mind numbing boredom.

For CP Xp masterwrits is the fastest especially if you pre-make everything ahead of an event. But these days you need to make some decent gold to buy both the Masterwrits and mats required. Unless you have a lot of crafters and surveys ;)

I do however think if you are intending to play the toon you are levelling and are unfamiliar with the class, levelling via quests and overland content and working your way thru World bosses and then dungeons and trials is the only way to go.

Good hunting

How many accounts you up to these days? I'm hanging out at around 30 ish.
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    The first add waves of normal Blackrose Prison are the best XP/h you can get. Just reset the 2nd wave just before it ends and you'll get mindless amounts of XP making skyreach look like a trickle.

Yeah after a lot of testing this is my method.
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

How many accounts you up to these days? I'm hanging out at around 30 ish.

Holding steady at 52 still mate. I have reached the crafter limit I can actually do writs solo in a day. I'll still level some other accounts to funnel my intricates into but atm I'm happy with the current army size. My focus has started to switch a lot to EU.
    Oakensoul helps with the 400 ping and off peak play times.
    Hope you are well mate.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone hates the Psijic skill line grind. But I’m telling you, do this. And while doing this, grab every skyshard nearby. Psjic will take you everywhere anyways. Then que for under 50 battlegrounds. And you’ll get a real feel for different skills in pvp as you unlock them. It’s a perfect balance between knocking out psijic and sky shards while waiting for battlegrounds.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    Edited by SpiritofESO on June 29, 2024 3:56PM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • SPIRIT GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • "Adapt or Die"