The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ignoring players

Priyasekarssk
Priyasekarssk
✭✭✭✭✭
I ignored players who toxic to play with especially bgs. Like targeted snipping , abusive words, toxic person shaming , Using glitches. But they keep coming to bgs I am in. How ignore players work ? Only communication is banned?
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cant see what the write in zone/group, they cant wisp or mail you, that's all.
  • Reaver999
    Reaver999
    ✭✭✭
    I ignored players who toxic to play with especially bgs. Like targeted snipping , abusive words, toxic person shaming , Using glitches. But they keep coming to bgs I am in. How ignore players work ? Only communication is banned?

I think if they are targeting you to the point of harassment you have to ask them to stop and then screenshot/record the activities including you asking them to stop and submit a ticket. Always follow up to the first submission because you always get a generic reply first.
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a nifty little addon called mute

If they are Harassing you in other ways Report them.

FFXIV has a cool mod (Yes I know mods are Illegal) called hide you click on a person and you never see them again...I would kill for that in this game.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not surprised the game will still group you for BGs but am surprised it happens with dungeons from what I am told. Not that I have anyone on my ignore list. Just noting what people have found to be how the ignore list works.

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @Priyasekarssk, So here is one of our support page articles on what happens when you ignore someone in ESO.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no way that I know of to limit who you get grouped with. Ignored only affects chat, not gameplay. I think ZOS worry that it would be abused and people would ignore average players in an attempt to get grouped with only the best players.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    ...I think ZOS worry that it would be abused and people would ignore average players in an attempt to get grouped with only the best players.

Or that people would abuse it by ignoring players who are stomping all over them in Cyrodiil. Something like, "OMG you just killed me for the 5th time in a row! *IGNORE!* Muahahaa now you can't kill me anymore!!

• DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall we had a similar problem in GW2: we could put someone on ignore, but it didn't prevent that he could join our squad/team. I didn't follow the issue recently, so I don't know if they fixed that or not.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    after five years of playing, my blacklist is empty. probably there are few people who are not able to take offense at printed words and letters. however, we really lack the function of banning certain people from joining a group - this does not necessarily have to be due to rudeness, it's just that sometimes you are incompatible with certain players in the passage of content
    Edited by LikiLoki on June 21, 2022 10:59AM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People have been asking forever that folks they put on /ignore can't end up in dungeons or battlegrounds with them. Nothing unfortunately has been done about that and all the mods ever do is paste in the link to the FAQ that says it doesn't block them - or at least block them from being on your team.

I have a few people who I won't play with. As the game won't let me block them I just quit the dungeon group if they are in it. But I'm usually a tank so my queue time is basically nil.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like a vote facility to 'mute the moron' if x pple in a zone find a person being moronically annoying they can vote to shut them up