Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Littel but important QoL improvent- Stacked Surveys usable at once!

RichestGuyinEso
RichestGuyinEso
✭✭✭
Hey all,

playing this game since years, one thing which makes the game for many friends and me less enjoyable is how to deal with the amount of surveys you gain by doing daily crafting writs on several characters. Instead of being able to collect the amount of several crafting surveys stacked up at once at a location, you need to run to the location, pick all, run away again (sometimes very far) and come back to pick the next survey. This is taking ages of time and could simply be improved by not stacking the surveys only, but also the loot (e.a. you would gain with 10x Blacksmithing Survey Shadowfen I = 6x (6 ores) 10x (surveys) x loot each).
I understand as well that going to the location and so should take some time to make it rewarding, but this endless back-and-forth if you have 30+ maps of the same single location is exhausting. Surely you could do all surveys more regular, but that would take up even more time! If you e.a. do daily craft writs on 18 characters then you´ll spend whole day with crafting and not really playing the game.
As well this could help to lower material prices (normal ones as gold tempers) a bit, who knows.

What are your thoughts? Would you support such a change or a similar one making a big QoL improvement on surveys? How important do you feel is it- if you compare that only a small change would be needed to make it work?
EU PC - Independent Trading Team (ITT) - Biggest Trading Alliance on server - great community and discord - join now!
Just contact me ingame @RichestGuyinEso
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dreamt about this last week:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/605702/last-night-i-had-a-dream-about-surveys-of-all-things#latest

I try my damnedest to pick up the surveys on the same day that I receive them, I think last time I allowed them to build up was when CP2.0 and the node that improved the yield was announced.

Picking up those surveys after CP 2.0 went live was... unpleasant, tedious, frustrating.

I feel for those players that have no choice but to allow the surveys to build up and then 'harvest' them when their schedule allows for it.

Is one of those glaring QoL issues that IMHO requires attention.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on May 24, 2022 9:48AM
  • InappropriateMount
    InappropriateMount
    ✭✭✭
    Miss a few days of surveys and then bam - hours of pain to collect them all. I'd love if it was less painful like the suggestion here
  • heinousmoz
    heinousmoz
    ✭✭✭
    A day like today where very little gets done makes the idea even more appealing...
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like that, and many hours of my life would be returned.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd take half the returns I get now if I could have a hireling mechanic do it for me.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those things that I would love to see implemented but it would greatly surprise me if it happened. It's a huge quality of life improvement, but it has the greatest effect on writ min/maxers and makes an already lucrative activity even better. I can't see that being something that ZOS would prioritize but I've been surprised in the past.
    Edited by redspecter23 on May 24, 2022 6:52PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been asking for this for literally years, both on console and PC.

At least they stack, but collecting a bunch can take a LONG time.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for this for years. :(
  • jpl7340
    jpl7340
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, at least allow us to dump all of these surveys into the crafting bag or something. At least free up that inventory. ANY QoL improvements on this front would be appreciated.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be more excited about this than about ToT.

This and 'unified attunable crafting stations' are chapter selling points that would make me go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    I'd be more excited about this than about ToT.

This and 'unified attunable crafting stations' are chapter selling points that would make me go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Too bad! Enjoy your card game instead!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, please!