The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Crates: Sale or no sale?

Cireous
Cireous
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone think there is a chance that the current season of Crown Crates will go on sale (from 5000 to 3500 per 15) with only 5 days remaining before they leave the store?
Or not a chance at this point?
:/
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 18, 2022 6:17PM
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like it. Which I don't understand, because so far the crates *always* went on sale towards the end.

Oh well. Good reason not to spend crowns. ^^;;
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crown Store & ESO Plus section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is the Microsoft "[snip] Bug" kicking in, reduced sales, less offers etc what a wonderful move to let them take over :#

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 19, 2022 5:15PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 15-crate pack used to go on sale all the time, but in the past year it's been more of a 50/50 if it did or not. I know the last set did, but the one before that (or the one before that one) didn't.

I guess this set just isn't going on sale.

It could be that the marketing teams saw that people would wait to buy until things went on sale, so now they're not doing it. If they see it's enough of a hit to the bottom line (or the next set of crates doesn't do well), then we might get one for the Chivalry crates in September before they leave.
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoky wrote: »
    I wonder if this is the Microsoft "[Greed] Bug" kicking in, reduced sales, less offers etc what a wonderful move to let them take over :#

ZOS was plenty greedy and predatory long before Microsoft came into the picture. The fact that saying that warranted their forum mods to edit my post and remove any ZOS-critical comments says so much about how scummy this company is.

Not to mention, Microsoft is the only reason we have the endeavors system, not ZOS. Though you could argue that because of such a system, ZOS has removed regular crown crate sales to balance any lost sales due to endeavors - but that's just speculation.

[edited for bashing & to remove quote] [edited again because being critical of ZOS and their business practices is not bashing - apparently "greed" is a bad word now too]
    Edited by rootkitronin on June 19, 2022 7:56PM