The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuck in Combat in Black Drake Villa

DivineKitty
DivineKitty
✭✭✭
So, I haven't seen any other threads about this, but I've noticed a bug in almost every run I do of Black Drake Villa where, after killing the last boss, You are then stuck in combat against... Something. From what I can tell, it's caused by people leaving enemies behind and not killing them, which happens in basically every farming run ever

This isn't a problem if you leave the group or instance, but if you want to go back and loot any chests you missed, you'll suddenly find yourself unable to go though doors because you're in combat. Worse, my group tried doing the Secret bosses, and we couldn't activate the thing at the end to summon the last boss because we were in combat. We all had enough of the Lights, so it was purely a matter of the game being glitched. We ended up killing ourselves to end combat by repeatedly Jumping of the ledges into the pit in the last room, which took a long time, especially for the healer and the tank, who both had high Health regen.

This is a really annoying bug that needs to be fixed, for my own sanity and the sanity of every farmer.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You figured out the cause already and being in combat because of that is not a bug.

If you don't want to be in combat the whole dungeon, kill the triggered adds.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You figured out the cause already and being in combat because of that is not a bug.

agree with this, i feel the "getting stuck in combat" is punishment for speedrunning and mob skipping, it doesnt save that much time to skip 1 mob if your in a good group
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't you just leave the instance, port back in and use the blue portal? That should get you out of combat.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • DivineKitty
    DivineKitty
    ✭✭✭

This is a good idea in theory... In practice, the slower people lag behind, while one fast guy runs ahead and attacks the boss, forcefully dragging everyone there before we kill everything.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a good idea in theory... In practice, the slower people lag behind, while one fast guy runs ahead and attacks the boss, forcefully dragging everyone there before we kill everything.

Yes, "Joining encounter". I think that there should be at least two players on the boss before that is triggered. It's really annoying to try to loot or kill all the adds only to be dragged by the one yolo guy.
    PS5/NA