The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Fix doors in Cyrodiil

Sagetim
Sagetim
✭✭✭
Can we please fix the in and out door thing in Cyrodiil. Can we get a 1sec hold to get in. Maybe a little round animation around the button that shows it has been pushed. I and out the door sucks
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 17, 2022 1:56AM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah imperials really should learn how to build doors properly :P ..Even when you get in, sometimes it kicks you out..
    Edited by Anyron on May 29, 2021 8:21PM
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    The carpenter really needs to get fired
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Haha I got in, nerds!... oh **** I double doored!!!!" *dead* *gets bagged on ram for 2 minutes straight*

Please no hold to get in tho. I need a quick escape as a front liner. When it works.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag. Only push the button once, or your back out.
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭

Lag. push the button more than once or you''ll never get in
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 7 years you get used to it. lol
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    Lol yeah. Like the main gates all point toward imperial city except the ones that don't :)
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just need to get the secret door addon

YES there is one, I've seen people on horseback port straight into keeps from the postern doors and don't give me LAG crap, no dismount animation and don't get me started on the people that can get in while under attack but OH NO the roles are reversed and you can't do [snip]

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on June 16, 2022 3:13AM
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doors have been broken forever and wouldnt be on my top five to ask devs to fix....as if asking them to fix anything .....er dont worry
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leslik wrote: »

Lag. push the button more than once or you''ll never get in

It's not often I give an "agree" to two opposing suggestions.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm fixing them I swear!

But every time it's like 10 minutes later some [snip] is hitting it with a ram.

[Edited for Profanity]
    Edited by Psiion on May 30, 2021 2:46AM
    PC NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if things are "hot" heading for a door, pop an alliance health draught (or something else with immoveable in it) just before you get to the door...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    I die to the door at lest twice a night when I play.
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make them have teleport pads like any smart game with a small cool down. Dying opening them is infuriating I had a 10 second long travesty dying on one the other day
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish that you could not enter the door if you are in combat...
    Edited by PigofSteel on June 1, 2021 8:05PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PigofSteel wrote: »
    I wish that you could not enter the door if you are in combat...
    Strongly disagree with that. You can be fighting outside a keep, and in the courtyard, before needing to retreat to the inner. Plus in many instances, once you're "in combat" in this game, it's nearly impossible to get out of it.
    PS4NA
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    I tried for over a minute to use the main gate of a keep today, probably should rather have tried to run to the side door or use invisible pots or fight them 1v4 or do anything else than trying to use this door
    Edited by Iriidius on June 16, 2022 12:28AM
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    You just need to get the secret door addon

YES there is one, I've seen people on horseback port straight into keeps from the postern doors and don't give me LAG crap, no dismount animation and don't get me started on the people that can get in while under attack but OH NO the roles are reversed and you can't do [snip]

[Edited for Censor Bypass]

I used to look good
    Edited by Psiion on June 16, 2022 3:13AM
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doors work like this:

When you're trying to get in you have to press it 3-4 times to open the door and there is a 50/50 chance that the input delay will actually put you back outside again.

When your opponent is trying to get in they press it once and they are safe.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • GrizzlyTank
    GrizzlyTank
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodill?

How about doors are fixed in general!
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    If you try using a door multiple times until you get in and immediately get thrown out again, the request for using a door from inside and fromoutside must be the same. something like:
    public void useDoor(){
    if (player.location==inside) player.location=outside;
    if (player.location==outside) player.location=inside;
    }
    your game has to sent a different request when you try using a door from outside than when you try from inside, so that if you double request it still places you inside
    public void useDoorOutside(){
    player.location=inside;
    }
    public void useDoorInside(){
    player.location=outside;
    }
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post