The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug in main quest : the ascendant storm

Lord-Sphinx
Lord-Sphinx
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I have a bug in "The ascendant storm" : after i killed the boss (Ascendant Magus), the objective change and i have to speak with an NPC.
But when i go throught the door, the objective change and is again "kill the ascendant magus". The boss respawn, but without the mobs and is impossible to fight, and all 3 NPCs (Ayrenn, Emric and Irnskar) are at the same place they were after the battle.

I tried to cancel the quest and restart it, but when i am back to the All Flags Islet the objective is still "kill the ascendant magus" (i haven't the previous objectives)

English is not my mother language so i hope you will understand !
  • DacuTv
    DacuTv
    ✭✭✭
    had the same bug, reset the quest 9 times tried all manner of different tactics , groups, companions, light attack to death, /stuck after fight nothing worked. I even ran and entirely new character that hadn't even been to high isle through the whole quest line and hit the exact same bug.

I can now be found crying in the corner for the next few weeks
  • Cynsuzs
    Cynsuzs
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same bug, dropped quest redid, happened again. Filed a bug report suddenly the quest completes and says exit all Flags Castle and now I'm bugged again. All the npc's are there but no diamond above Lady Arabelle so nothing further.
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Im where Cynsuzs is. Stuck on exit all flags castle. Cant go forward.
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    I too have this quest bugged. I kill the Magus, then attempt to leave the castle. It's quite a ways to the castle exit, so I think I must have missed something and go back into the courtyard to find the magus and all the royals standing there and the quest saying "defeat the Magus".

I've abandoned the quest and ran it through once already. Any answers out there?
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    Same result as Cynsuzs. I am stuck outside the All Flags Castle but with no way to proceed as none of the NPCs will complete. I cannot continue the High Isle Main quest at all. Completely and utterly stuck
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same here
  • Bhozz52
    Bhozz52
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, stuck solid can't progress.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Hey folks, we took a look and think we located the issue and are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. Once it is fixed you should be able to progress the quest naturally.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Dalevj47
    Dalevj47
    Soul Shriven
    Like all the others below/above I completed the Quest. Killed Magus then could not exit properly and kept getting sent back in to fight but nothing responded. Exited and booted. I'm now outside with all the NPCs no diamond above Lady Arabelle. Quest tracker telling me I need to exit (cannot exit what I'm already exited from). No advancement to tracker.
  • frannux
    frannux
    Soul Shriven
    I already reported 2 days ago. I tried 7 different ways and now, at the end I think I know HOW TO AVOID THE BUG.
    In the hall after killing the boss mage, DO NOT COME BACK THROUGH THE SAME DOOR YOU COME IN.There is another door in the side. The symbol is a white door and THAT IS THE DOOR to be use.

I have uploaded the video on youtube so you can see which is the door.

https://youtu.be/mrZdysmVZ94

I wish it be useful.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, I did this and now it's stuck. I teleported to the wayshrine on the island on All Flags Isle, and it moved the quest forward to Exit All Flags Castle, but the quest won't advance and there's no way back inside the castle.

Edit: I was able to abandon the quest at this point, then go back to Mandrake Manor and restart that leg of the quest and successfully complete it.
    Edited by cyclonus11 on June 18, 2022 3:53AM
  • Samolyot
    Samolyot
    Soul Shriven
    I'm stuck but in a different way - I'm level 50 but with 147 champion points and I should be able to take out the Ascendant Magus, I have a greatsword capable of 1300+ damage but it seems to be like a butterknife on this guy - even using Critical Charge and blocking! No problem with the vulkeshes. I saw a gaming channel on YouTube and the guy was only level 12 and he was able to take out the Magus. Is this a bug or do my tactics just stink?
  • Dalevj47
    Dalevj47
    Soul Shriven
    Latest Update DID NOT fix for me. Still standing outside with everyone but will not advance. Says I must re-enter the castle but I can't as now there is no way in. So, does this mean I must redo the quest again? Please fix as this is the zone's Main Quest!
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    Sane as Dalevj4. I saw that this had been fixed. Selected the quest, went to the All Flags Islet wayshrine and all the NPCs are still standing around but I cannot talk to anyone to progress. Do I have to redo the entire quest?
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s all about what door you use to exit, as mentioned above. Happened to me yesterday- dropped the quest today. You only have to redo that last leg- go to the manor in the main city & Lady A will have the quest. Take the boat, fight through the castle, kill the dude- DO NOT EXIT THROUGH THE DOOR YOU CAME IN.

The correct door is off to the side. I used that door and everything was fine. Hope it helps someone.
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    Regardless of which door you exit by, this is still a bug, and even if you pick the right door, it hasn't been fixed. If exiting through a particular door causes the quest to reset progress, that's just bad coding.
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Hey folks, we took a look and think we located the issue and are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. Once it is fixed you should be able to progress the quest naturally.

This still hasn't been fixed.

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.