The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Performance Last Night was Unacceptable

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    This isn't exactly true. I've experienced lag at early mornings, afternoons and at night, there's not really a set time where lag is the worst. I'm not understanding why you're so determined to blame all of this on ball groups but it's server performance. That's what it comes down to. The servers are not performing how they should and it's been this way for years. When you're being told that they are still running on 2012 servers, that's not the ball groups fault, lmao

From what I've heard there was a short time between switching out the old hardware for new and some maintenance afterward where the servers were performing fine. After that first maintenance they started acting up again.

I have zero details and wasn't there for it so can't confirm.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aixy wrote: »
    What is the moment of the day that we have the worst lag ever?? Answer: At prime time NA or Asian.-

And what can you find at that moment of the day-night ?,... ALOT of ball groups running all together

I wouldn't class 1 or 2 groups as 'a lot' but even if you do. What else do you find during prime time? The most players online, both in cyro and outside as well as queues to join the campaign.

The servers aren't specifically for 'Cyrodiil' so they will be affected by the number of trials being run, number of dungeons, number of players in the open world. It's just more apparent in Cyrodiil because of the player numbers involved.

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was out there solo, and it wasn't quite east coast prime time. That lag lol, comments in zone about it, a huge slowdown that apparently effected everyone. The true battle was versus the server.

Dude it was so bad. Our entire zone and 12 man was having issues, lol. At one point I couldn't even bar swap no matter what I tried, just got stuck on one bar

I see you entered Oakensoul training mode :smiley:
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Odysseus87 wrote: »
    I was out there solo, and it wasn't quite east coast prime time. That lag lol, comments in zone about it, a huge slowdown that apparently effected everyone. The true battle was versus the server.

Dude it was so bad. Our entire zone and 12 man was having issues, lol. At one point I couldn't even bar swap no matter what I tried, just got stuck on one bar

Imagine being in a ball group complaining about lag. The irony.

Oh the audacity of running EIGHT players in a MASSIVE Multiplayer Online RPG. Truly disgusting tactics in a game initially marketed to have massive pvp battles…

Correct. The audacity. Layering heals is an absurd amount of calculations. Not to mention intentionally farming pugs hours in end.

The horror, imagine wanting to stay alive and kill people in PVP

Correct. The horror. Ruining the server for 12 PEOPLE to farm pugs that have zero chance. At this point the main ones are a joke doing the same crap for years.

I played large scale the first 5 years or so. Tried out small scale/solo and would never go back. It is brain dead easy compared. Build for one role or have to account for all roles. It’s a no brained which is harder.

I don’t think I know anyone that has made the switch to small scale that would go back.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the moment of the day that we have the worst lag ever?? Answer: At prime time NA or Asian.-

And what can you find at that moment of the day-night ?,... ALOT of ball groups running all together

I wouldn't class 1 or 2 groups as 'a lot' but even if you do. What else do you find during prime time? The most players online, both in cyro and outside as well as queues to join the campaign.

The servers aren't specifically for 'Cyrodiil' so they will be affected by the number of trials being run, number of dungeons, number of players in the open world. It's just more apparent in Cyrodiil because of the player numbers involved.

Izzy just stop. Your a smart dude. You know as well as everyone else the server gets smoked when ball groups are farming. You can feel it the second you get near the keep.

Shoot. I encourage anyone to follow them around on same faction and look at the amount of cross healing and buffs they are using. All of those are absurd amount of calculations.

I get that you like the feeling of coming out with the W against superior numbers but it’s at a cost to all the other players out there.

Turns out ball verse ball is actually pretty fun. Props to Tyr last night engaging with the EP ball in Faragyl with AD defending. Now that was fun.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Izzy just stop. Your a smart dude. You know as well as everyone else the server gets smoked when ball groups are farming. You can feel it the second you get near the keep.

Shoot. I encourage anyone to follow them around on same faction and look at the amount of cross healing and buffs they are using. All of those are absurd amount of calculations.

I get that you like the feeling of coming out with the W against superior numbers but it’s at a cost to all the other players out there.

Turns out ball verse ball is actually pretty fun. Props to Tyr last night engaging with the EP ball in Faragyl with AD defending. Now that was fun.

I've been playing mainly solo/duo recently and for me the performance has been fine on PCNA ballgroup or not. The only time it's had some performance issues is when 4 AD 'ball' groups and pugs play together (around 40-50 players) trying to run a scroll or something and even then most of my skills were fine it was just poor fps and some latency when casting.

And most of the time these days serious group v group gameplay is actually very boring and stalemate's often. It used to be a lot of fun though.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What about anti-healing PvP sets? We have meatbag catapults but no sets that can really punish ball groups relying on mass-cross healing.

There is a class in Rift MMORPG that deals AOE damage based on what the targets are doing (is it the Dominator?). I don't remember the specifics but if the target casts a spell it causes AOE damage, if the target runs it causes AOE damage, targets. It was an anti-ball group class and it was crazy how much damage it could cause in Rift Conquest (that game's version of Cyrodiil).

Just Googled it to refresh my memory, and here are the descriptions of two of that class's skills (only pay attention to the idea behind the skill. We're all gamers, we understand what these skills are meant to do.)
    Roots the enemy for 3 seconds and surrounds them with constrained storm energy for 10 seconds. If the enemy moves the storm explodes, dealing 163 Air damage to up to 8 enemies within 7 meters and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds.

and another:
    Generates chaos within the enemy's ranks, cursing up to 10 enemies within the targeted area. Abilities used by affected enemies cause the enemy, and up to 5 additional enemies within 7 meters, to suffer 82 Death damage and lose 20 Power or Energy, or Mana equal to 3% of the Mage's maximum Mana each time they use a damaging or healing ability. This can occur up to 5 times over the next 15 seconds.

ESO needs something similar, I think in the form of PvP sets. Something that either disrupts healing in an AOE or causes a target to burst AOE damage whenever he does something like use a skill or move. Might also be a bit overpowered lol.
    Edited by Holycannoli on June 15, 2022 5:33PM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @neferpitou73 @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO

And what can you find at that moment of the day-night ?,... ALOT of ball groups running all together, (no matter the faction), spaming with super coordination healing, aoe dps, cc etc ... Server cant handle it.-

If u are "inside" that group, u dont lag: at least not like pugs - random players - solo players.-

But people outside premade group, lag so badly.-

You can find a lot of...people on the game?
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been playing mainly solo/duo recently and for me the performance has been fine on PCNA ballgroup or not. The only time it's had some performance issues is when 4 AD 'ball' groups and pugs play together (around 40-50 players) trying to run a scroll or something and even then most of my skills were fine it was just poor fps and some latency when casting.

And most of the time these days serious group v group gameplay is actually very boring and stalemate's often. It used to be a lot of fun though.

I know you have. You melted me a few times. Lol