The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lady Thorn style question

Scallan
Scallan
✭✭✭✭
For anybody that bought the Arms Pack are you able to dye the inlaid gem or is it undyeable?
  • ElementalDud
    ElementalDud
    ✭✭
    No, you cannot dye the gem. I noticed there is also a small part of the 2H axe that cannot be dyed (it's gold colored).

Really wish ZOS would quality control this stuff a little better. I get the undyable gem might be intentional (disappointingly), however they seem to miss spots on nearly every new motif/style/arms pack they release lately, like the silver parts on new Annihilarc's style and the gold parts on Greymoor style etc...
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, you cannot dye the gem. I noticed there is also a small part of the 2H axe that cannot be dyed (it's gold colored).

Really wish ZOS would quality control this stuff a little better. I get the undyable gem might be intentional (disappointingly), however they seem to miss spots on nearly every new motif/style/arms pack they release lately, like the silver parts on new Annihilarc's style and the gold parts on Greymoor style etc...

Well this is extremely disappointing to hear. I've been looking forward to this style for a while now to kit out my vampire-themed Nightblade but I might hold off on buying it now.
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like this frustrate me so much - sadly though, there isn't really any motivation for ZOS to pull up their socks and do better.

That being said, there's been a few times I've bought something from the Crown Store (because they don't let you test things before hand either), and I've then successfully requested a refund afterwards.

Despite all the criticism I have of ZOS, I've never had a problem getting a refund for a Crown Store or even Crown Gem purchase.
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gem can't be dyed. There is tiny gold circele also at bottom end of staff. It isn't super noticeable, but it is there.