The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

little help needed :)

Lauranae
Lauranae
✭✭✭✭✭
I started High Isle with a new character, and completed it now (lv 29)

Nothing wrong with that i guess BUT now i am wondering where should i go to continue to level ?

or the fact i did this, could mean that in fact i have now to go back in time ? errrrr

So Tamriel directly after High Isle, and expansions ?

Corrected my sentences
Edited by Lauranae on June 15, 2022 4:53PM
My most recent characters
AD - Amareni NB
-
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found leveling a character through the base game areas, and doing the skill points quests, the best way to proceed. The thing is with a new chapter I want to explore the area which is slow to level.

Granted, it is a choice.

• Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    Could familiarize with aliance leaders in their quest lines, i suppose. Stormheaven, Auridon and Eastmarch zones for that
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    errr may be i explained badly lol (will correct my sentence lol)

I am now lv 29, and completed the whole area (with great fun), but now i am a bit lost as per which order should i go now to continue my journey ?
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I have found leveling a character through the base game areas, and doing the skill points quests, the best way to proceed. The thing is with a new chapter I want to explore the area which is slow to level.

Granted, it is a choice.

Yes always did that until this patch. And i was too tempted to get immediatly in the Breton action ......
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The release order of events are:
    Main quest / Alliance story
    Pact:
    1. Bleakrock
    2. Bal Foyen
    3. Stonefalls
    4. Deshaan
    5. Shadowfen
    6. Eastmarch
    7. Rift
    8. Coldharbor
    Dominion:
    1. Khenarthi's Roost
    2. Auridon
    3. Grahtwood
    4. Greenshade
    5. Malabal Tor
    6. Reaper's March
    7. Coldharbor
    Covenant:
    1. Stros M'kai
    2. Bethnik
    3. Glenumbra
    4. Stormhaven
    5. Rivenspire
    6. Alik'r Desert
    7. Bangkorai
    8. Coldharbor
    Craglorn
    Imperial City (main quest recommended first)
    Orsinium
    Thieves guild
    Dark Brotherhood
    Daedric Triad:
    Vvardenfell
    Clockwork City
    Summerset (Covenant and Dominion Alliance quests + Main Quest sort of required, but also not really
    Murkmire
    Year of the Dragon: (main quest recommended first)
    Northern Elsweyr
    Southern Elsweyr
    Dark Heart of Skyrim: (main quest + Rivenspire recommended first)
    Western Skyrim
    Markarth
    Gates of Oblivion: (main quest + Orsinium + Imperial City recommended first)
    Blackwood
    Deadlands/Fargrave

Do keep in mind these can be broken down into self-contained stories too, which I've put in additional spoilers as brackets. For example you can play through Vvardenfell before doing the main story and it makes perfect sense, but reoccuring characters from the base game are best introduced in the base game in my opinion, which is why I gave you the release order as well. I've also marked standalone stories that don't need prior knowledge as bold (even though ZOS made sure every zone is self-contained to some extend. Also do keep in mind that there are all sorts of prologue quests as well which are set in the basegame zones but belong to the respective chapter/DLC they came from - some are more important than others (definitely recommend the Clockwork City prologue before the DLC). Because listing all of the prologues would be too complicated, I recommend to google if there is a prologue for the zone you are about to do and then do the quest with that name if there is one.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on June 15, 2022 11:08PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow thank you for this very informative answer :))

I will keep this as reference for me.

AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    Oh wow thank you for this very informative answer :))

I will keep this as reference for me.

It's definitely quite understandable how people can be confused. ZOS has explained that everything in this game is happening all at the same time and you can play in any order you like, but that clearly doesn't work if characters are referencing events in the past. I am still finding myself editing that reply because I keep thinking of things that sort of require prior knowledge.
    For example in the Dark Brotherhood you meet two NPCs who are from the alliance zones, but it's a side quest - so does that count as "required" or not? I wouldn't think so, but then again it's better to already know who these characters are. That's why I figured the release order is the most helpful.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.