Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PC Folks: Just got a controller...how's it compare with kb/mouse?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
So...just got a solid controller (Ascent game is twin stick...didn't think it would be good with kb/mouse)...and as I tried it out with Elden Ring...I wondered...any KB/mousers also try ESO with controller? Seems limiting but I dunno...what has your experience been?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 13, 2022 4:51PM
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have Arthritis in my hands, I can't KB/M a ton anymore. So Controller is fine, it's definitely slower, but it does the thing.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    a controller is not something I would use for majority of my ESO playtime, as I find kb/m much more comfortable to use - but the controller comes in great when I want to get slow moving tracking shots for making videos. Seems controller is a perfectly viable choice.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of people move from console to PC and continue using a controller in end game content. I find the manoeuvrability much better.
  • TheGent
    TheGent
    ✭✭✭
    The UI for controller is atrocious.
    ESO: @The.Gent
    I really need a questing friend. Playing solo is lonely and boring (i am in multiple guilds too)

• DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback all!
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    So...just got a solid controller (Ascent game is twin stick...didn't think it would be good with kb/mouse)...and as I tried it out with Elden Ring...I wondered...any KB/mousers also try ESO with controller? Seems limiting but I dunno...what has your experience been?

I use a controller and pvp exclusively to a high standard. The limitation is rotation speed but you can bypass that with a configuration change and I would suggest doing so. There are some aspects like not being able to roll left by double pushing a for example but with practise you can get fast with it on controller.

With skills having skill per second and a light attack between there isn't much room for keyboard and mouse to outperform in my opinion.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/