Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Isnt one purpose of this forum to get to know what ppl think? Isnt that helpfull and constructive?

silver1surfer69
silver1surfer69
✭✭✭✭
I want to get to know how the people feel towards the care for the game, the adressing of problems and the fixing of bugs by the environment that provides the game. In my oppinion one purpose of this forum is to give ppl a chance to discuss their topics, to voice their opninions, to get to know what the ppl think and how they feel. Isnt that the case? I started 2 threads and both have been closed down. Isnt it fruitfull and constructive to get to know wht the ppl think? So:

-> What is the right procedure to get to know what the ppl think and how they are feeling toward this questions?

Pls tell me what do you think, is it ok that we voice our opinions?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 12, 2022 8:27PM
PC/EU
Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is sometimes a thin line between a heathed debate and a toxic debate. I do feel the moderation errs on the side of caution a bit much. But I guess that's better than erring towards the other side.
    Edited by Snamyap on June 12, 2022 12:56PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes threads that are perfectly fine can be closed for various reasons, nothing to do about it but vast majority of cases discussion or concerns aren't that civil or constructive to begin with.if that happened twice I'd guess better take a short break and think about wording it the "right" way to fit forum and not break any rules like being passive-aggressive, for example or naming players/devs/mods if that might be the case etc.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I don't get is why they close old threads to encourage new ones. While yes the game is always changing and so new information needs to be considered, if a thread has been around for that long and people are STILL addressing it, I think knowing just how long it's been around says something to the content and thus should not be closed and forgotten.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malyore wrote: »
    What I don't get is why they close old threads to encourage new ones. While yes the game is always changing and so new information needs to be considered, if a thread has been around for that long and people are STILL addressing it, I think knowing just how long it's been around says something to the content and thus should not be closed and forgotten.

I miss the 3 word game 😢
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. If the post is getting relevant comments, it shouldn’t be closed just because the original post is old and/or it hasn’t been commented on in a long time. “Necroing” posts shouldn’t be a bad thing, especially if it’s related to bugs or gameplay.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thread was closed because it was totally non-constructive and didn't actually make any point in support of its title, and the other was closed because it was a duplicate of the first one. This thread will doubtless follow the same way because it doesn't make any constructive point either and simply challenges the previous moderations, which is of course against forum rules.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcuz most often any topic related to how people feel ZoS supports, or doesn't support ESO leads quickly to toxicity and negativity. There is enough of that already without ppl deliberately poking the figurative hornet's nest.
    Sometimes threads like that are purposely created to foster negative behaviour, in other words the thread creator knows full well what the thread will start...

I guess my question to you is why are you so interested in how others think ZoS supports their game? You have brought it up a couple times now? Just curious? It really only comes down to what you think that matters, unless your trying to collect ppl's viewpoints for research I guess.

If it's one thing I've learned on here it's that when ppl are unhappy about something ZoS does or does not do, they'll certainly post about it.
    I for one am not unhappy with their support efforts mostly bcuz I have an understanding of what the development and support teams have to go thru.
    That said, I feel they can always do better. :)
    Edited by Tenthirty2 on June 12, 2022 3:03PM
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    One thread was closed because it was totally non-constructive and didn't actually make any point in support of its title, and the other was closed because it was a duplicate of the first one. This thread will doubtless follow the same way because it doesn't make any constructive point either and simply challenges the previous moderations, which is of course against forum rules.

The first was closed because it refers to the the original bug report thread where others and i successfully analyze the bug. The purpose of the first thread was to get a picture if and how many ppl are disappointed with the fixing of bugs, especially if the bug is analyzed and describes the cause and mechanic of the bug and what needs to be done to fix it. That is what any company or politician is doing, to get to know wht the ppl want and to react in the desired way to get the ppl to keep bying your products or to like and vote you. It was reasoned that it is the same as the bug report and was redirected to the bug report and closed.

-> so i disagree here. This is a constructive purpose imo!

The second was closed with the reasoning that this threads lead to bashing. Note that the whole thread was closed and it was not the case that bashing comments were deleted as it is done in other cases. The second tread was generally asking if you are satisfied with the care for the game and the fixing of bugs. There was no reference at all to the actual bug.

-> So this is by no means a duplicate of the first one.

Stick to the truth pls!
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on June 13, 2022 1:05PM
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Can you pls explain why this no general discussion but a ask for help from other players. I cannot help to get the feel this has a little bit the touch of, it is that not as many ppl get to see it, or that the admins are mad that i do not just accept the closing of this threads and keep silent but keep on trying to voice it. I wonder why dont you close it anyway?
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on June 13, 2022 12:58PM
    PC/EU
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. If the post is getting relevant comments, it shouldn’t be closed just because the original post is old and/or it hasn’t been commented on in a long time. “Necroing” posts shouldn’t be a bad thing, especially if it’s related to bugs or gameplay.

Thing is that old threads sometimes have bad, outdated information, and that bad, outdated information is what new posters are replying to. Someone complaining about how provisioning worked in 2014 is not worth keeping around to comment on now. Now there are riding skills for your character, so old threads about how training your horse by feeding it oats, apples or hay are not worth keeping.