Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

My new content is BlackWood

Ttree
Ttree
✭✭✭
Hi as an ESO+ player i have not bought the new High Isle , yet i will have new new content for me to play with this new release , form the vast experience of players on here, what i and others like myself look forward to from last years BlackWood ?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 6, 2022 8:55PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Companions are likely the best which came with it - they have own skill lines and can fulfill a variety of roles. To me having Mirri around (that is one of those 2) is like playing a new class, because she adds so much to the combat experience and has refreshed my interest in ESO. She has an affinity to the antiquities system based on her family history, so she likes it when you dig up treasure and find bonus loot.
    Edited by Lysette on June 6, 2022 8:26AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The trial has worthwhile sets for all roles
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also suggest to find Harpooner's Wading Kilt, Gaze of Sithis, and Death Dealer's Fete. Kilt is a must for most PvE Trial DPS (not a must but if you want to have 5-10K more ;-D)
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • Ttree
    Ttree
    ✭✭✭
    OnnuK wrote: »
    I also suggest to find Harpooner's Wading Kilt, Gaze of Sithis, and Death Dealer's Fete. Kilt is a must for most PvE Trial DPS (not a must but if you want to have 5-10K more ;-D)
    i have some of those leads already , looking forward to doing those

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find companions really fun, as I do mostly solo casual/normal content, they are also quite useful for that sort of content.
    I have Bastian set up as a tank, and Mirri as a healer, and I find them very useful when soloing normal dungeons (I switch between them depending upon what is most useful for any particular encounter), they aren't going to make it so that I can solo stuff I wouldn't have been able to do without them, but they do help it go a little bit quicker and easier which is good.

Blackwood is particularly good for exploration as it is a large and (IMO) interesting zone. And of course the new quest content.

I would advise getting the companions first if you are at all interested in using them, so you can get started on levelling them and gaining rapport (you can google to find some good rapport guides for them, personally I like UESP for most game information, and all the usual build guide sites will have info about companion builds for you to peruse).

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Companions
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ttree wrote: »

The zone has search areas, which are quite large and central and others which are relatively small but remote. I found the larger ones more time consuming, because that are grassy plains, where it is often not that easy to spot the site.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Ttree wrote: »

The zone has search areas, which are quite large and central and others which are relatively small but remote. I found the larger ones more time consuming, because that are grassy plains, where it is often not that easy to spot the site.

You know you can quickslot the eye then use it within the dig site and the tail will point towards the right spot, right? :)

(A lot of people don't know this).
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • Ttree
    Ttree
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks

why on earth would you/should come up with that conclusion ?? it was exactly were it needed to be
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GO dance with Jarl Woof! He and all his furry buddies are at the White Stallion Inn, northwest of Leyawiin
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pros: New dungeons, new trial, both with really useful sets, strong mythics

Con: The storyline quests in Blackwood, while interesting are very, very long.
  • tiriusavarao
    tiriusavarao
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also recommend Leyawiin as an excellent spot for your daily crafting writs, and it's also a decent city for the nimble-fingered thief, given that some of the buildings are interconnected so you can avoid the guards in the street easily. It replaced Alinor for me as my main hub city.

The highlight for exploring the zone was probably the side quests for me. There were a lot of fun ones with returning characters.