The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

15% discount on banker and merchant assistants

Armanie
Armanie
✭✭✭
5000 4250
Worth it you think?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Banker and Merchant assistants are definitely worth it. I use them both every day.

FYI here's my allies sorted by most used.
    1. Giladil the Ragpicker
    2. Armory Assistant
    3. Banker Assistant
    4. Merchant Assistant
    PC NA
  • Armanie
    Armanie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering though, it's kind of a small discount, are they sometimes even cheaper than that?

I'm definitely getting the Ragpicker whenever it's on sale
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just been debating the same thing myself. I decided a while ago I'd buy a banker next time they're on sale, but 750 crowns off a 5,000 crown item isn't a lot.

As far as I can tell from an internet search they've been 20% off at least once and someone in an old topic on this subject mentioned a 30% discount, but I don't know when that was. But then they've also been discounted by just 10%.

I think I'm going to get one. I've been wanting the banker for a while and I did buy crowns on sale too, which also makes it slightly cheaper. I could wait for a better discount, but that could be a very long wait.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Armanie
    Armanie
    ✭✭✭
    Same here I guess, I'd rather get it now than wait for another X months
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a banker but I'm waiting for a decent sale, this isn't going to make me bite.
    I've purchased a merchant for 3500 crowns, so I know they can do better
    Edited by Blinx on April 20, 2022 11:08PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to get it.

I normally buy 5,500 crown packs which normally cost £29.99 so buying a banker at full price would cost £27.26.

Instead I got 5,500 crowns for £20.99 and the banker cost 4250 crowns, which means it cost £16.22 (a saving of £11 or about 40%).

If it was reduced to 3,500 crowns (the lowest price I've seen reported) it would cost me £13.36, a further saving of £2.86.

For me it was worth waiting a few months after I decided I wanted it to save £11 (especially since it gave me time to think about when I'd use it and make sure I actually wanted it), but an additional £2.86 isn't enough of a saving to justify a further wait which from what I've seen could be years.

Of course other people will have different considerations, so I'm not saying it's worth it for everyone, but for me it was. (I also used it twice within 20 minutes of getting it.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Armanie
    Armanie
    ✭✭✭
    @Danikat Thanks for doing the maths, makes me feel better about my purchase =)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most assistants are worth it even at 5000 crowns. Any sale on them just makes it a better deal. Banker is my pick for best, then Ragpicker, merchant and armorer last, but that may depend on how deep you invested in more armory slots. The banker is even better if you're not ESO+ as it can make a great storage container for materials. I use an auto deposit addon on my alt account (without ESO+) and just open the interface and have it deposit all my relevant materials with one click.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love having a banker, merchant and decon assistant, in that order.

My only regret is having added the kitty banker and merchant to the basic ones. I found the kitties adorable - for about 6 interactions, then their sickly sweet voices became grating and I put them away permanently. Wish I could trade both kitties back in for crown gems. . . oh well. Tythis and Nuz are easy to live with. That's why I was delighted with Giladil. Yes she's adorable but I simply never tire of her. Never tried the crow helpers but I hate the crow voicing throughout Tamriel so much that I would never buy one that spoke.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on April 21, 2022 7:40PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love having a banker, merchant and decon assistant, in that order.

My only regret is having added the kitty banker and merchant to the basic ones. I found the kitties adorable - for about 6 interactions, then their sickly sweet voices became grating and I put them away permanently. Wish I could trade both kitties back in for crown gems. . . oh well. Tythis and Nuz are easy to live with. That's why I was delighted with Giladil. Yes she's adorable but I simply never tire of her. Never tried the crow helpers but I hate the crow voicing throughout Tamriel so much that I would never buy one that spoke.

You might like the addon BankerShutUp: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info427-Luminary-BankerShutUp.html

It's very out of date but it still works and does exactly what it says and also gives you the option to mute other NPCs (unfortunately only in the dialogue boxes). It was introduced before the assistants but works on them as well.

• AHermitCrab
    AHermitCrab
    ✭✭
    Hands down, I'd have already bought the crow merchant and banker had they not removed the ability to interact with them as a werewolf, which is about 70% of the time I spend in dungeons, which is really the main place I'd have use for them, though I've decided to hold off on that until they fix that. Unlikely, but one can hope.
    If I'm ever online, it's probably to report bugs or suggest a feature.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That small discount isn't enough to make me buy. 30% off or more would make me buy. 15% off and I'd rather just keep my money.
  • RpgFan12
    RpgFan12
    Soul Shriven
    Would only make sense if you also obtained crowns through a sale that would also help to lower the cost of assistants even if they are not discounted.