The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not sure if i like this game or not.

Royalbadass
Hello people.
Let me start off by saying, i am talking about PVP. I do not PVE.

Now that ive reached lvl 50 im still not sure about pvp. Maybe i have to get to VR10 first before i can really say anything. But I will just say whats on my mind at this point in the game.

PVP was great at game release. But now im not sure.
Ofcause at release people were at same stage. But the pvp now just seems really messed up and unfixable.

We have people using 1h + shield. Who simply just block and shieldbash till you die.
We have sorceres who simply blink out of sight when close to dying.
We have people who restealth right after being attacked.

The game is so unbalanced it's not even fun. This game is soppose to have alot of opputunities to build the way you want to play, but if you really want to be able to do something in pvp you only have a few choices if you ask me.

Im playing a nightblade and i dont want to be forced to play with a shield and light armor to be able to defeat the other hardcore pvpers.
And it's been almost a month since release, and there a still some huge bugs that hasnt been fixed yet.

And there is just alot of things in the game that annoys the "!)# out of me.
For example when i use my stealth ability as a nightblade, i have to wait about 1-2sec before i can cast another ability.
Or when i get dismounted i have to wait 1-2sec before i can defend myself.
Or when i get out of combat i have to wait like 30sec before i can go back in stealth.
Or when vampirism is at stage 3 or 4 and my vamp abilties still cost max.

There are so many things.

Anyways i have cancelled my subscription. I hope to see some fixes and nerfs soon.
Not even sure i will be coming back, in fear of being so under geared that i simply can't do anything at all.

Whats your opinion on PVP?

Please not hate, this is just my opinion, i know alot may think its stupid. :)
I Am Not Always Wrong
But When I Am
So Are You
B)
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Although a bunch of people did kill me in pvp, so i hope they get nerfed too!
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the PvP.

I'm not going to hail it as the best thing ever ... DAoC will always hold that candle for me ... but it's a decent time killer.

I can't take it seriously though, it's basically whoever has the largest zerg and most AoE wins, but I get the odd giggle out of it.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭

I'm not going to hail it as the best thing ever ... DAoC will always hold that candle for me ... but it's a decent time killer.

I'm not sure if it was because it was the most refreshing type of PvP back then or if they just got it right, but yes I agree DAoC PvP will always give me the warm and fuzzies!
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP felt better at launch honestly; I also miss the option to actually level via PvP that was taken away from us because a vocal minority cried "exploit!" ...
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Yo dawg, PvP is so broken... I... It's... Its actually so sad I can't even joke about it...
  • jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    There are few points, but whatever you got problem with all players also have same problem with, also whatever you see other players do you can do also.
    There are some unbalanced classes (should be nerfed - I agree with that), but if you say that you want to play your way and do not follow proper builds then do not be surprised that your effectivnes is not as good as others.
    You do not like "when i get dismounted i have to wait 1-2sec before i can defend myself.", but do you like to attack enemy by surprise and knock down for 1-2sec when he fall from horse? Or would you prefer them to immediately attack you and enter stealth then attack again?
    You do not like "when i use my stealth ability as a nightblade, i have to wait about 1-2sec before i can cast another ability", but would you like other players to get to stealth and immediately attack you then go to stealth and again immediately attack you?
    You do not like "Or when i get out of combat i have to wait like 30sec before i can go back in stealth." but would you like enemy to dissapear immediately after getting out of combat?
  • Royalbadass
    jpp wrote: »
    There are few points, but whatever you got problem with all players also have same problem with, also whatever you see other players do you can do also.
    There are some unbalanced classes (should be nerfed - I agree with that), but if you say that you want to play your way and do not follow proper builds then do not be surprised that your effectivnes is not as good as others.
    You do not like "when i get dismounted i have to wait 1-2sec before i can defend myself.", but do you like to attack enemy by surprise and knock down for 1-2sec when he fall from horse? Or would you prefer them to immediately attack you and enter stealth then attack again?
    You do not like "when i use my stealth ability as a nightblade, i have to wait about 1-2sec before i can cast another ability", but would you like other players to get to stealth and immediately attack you then go to stealth and again immediately attack you?
    You do not like "Or when i get out of combat i have to wait like 30sec before i can go back in stealth." but would you like enemy to dissapear immediately after getting out of combat?

You make a good point. But by playing your way im talking about how much they preeched about playing the way you want. I had kinda hoped that this would be somewhat better than world of warcraft. I mean WoW has better choices when it comes to playing the way u want in pvp.
    I Am Not Always Wrong
    But When I Am
    So Are You
    B)
  • mechasauce
    mechasauce
    ✭✭
    You make a good point. But by playing your way im talking about how much they preeched about playing the way you want. I had kinda hoped that this would be somewhat better than world of warcraft. I mean WoW has better choices when it comes to playing the way u want in pvp.

Hahahahahaha seriously.......hahahahahah

Edited by mechasauce on May 1, 2014 11:42AM
  • Royalbadass
    mechasauce wrote: »

Hahahahahaha seriously.......hahahahahah

Don't get me wrong, im not saying WoW is a better game.
    But for PvP, you could be a fire mage or frost mage, and still do good in pvp. As a hunter you can play beastmaster or markmanship. So in that way...
    I Am Not Always Wrong
    But When I Am
    So Are You
    B)