Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Some skills aren't proccing Valkyn Skoria. Comprehensive list of all damage-over-time skills?

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
EDIT: I may have found one, assuming this list is accurate and complete https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Online-Skills_with_Damage_Over_Time, but it's not listing skills like Puncturing Strikes and it's morphs, which I thought were also DoTs?

This is another skill issue that's been bugging me. Much like taunts, is there a way to know if a skill is considered a DoT? It's not always intuitive.

Or is there an addon that tells you this info when mousing over a skill? I can see which skills are AOE but not DoT.
Edited by Holycannoli on June 14, 2022 1:16PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. Not sure about a complete list.

Puncturing striks is an AoE and direct damage. it is shown as white coloured in combat text.
    Flurry however is not on that list you linked and it is a DOT according to the ingame combat text list it as a DOT in orange colour. It is also affected by thaumaturge CP which gives bonus to DOT damage.
    Lightning form is not on that list either and it is a DOT aswell. Increased by thaumaturge CP
    Twin slashes first two strikes are direct damage, the bleed over 10s is DOT.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Hi. Not sure about a complete list.

Puncturing striks is an AoE and direct damage. it is shown as white coloured in combat text.
    Flurry however is not on that list you linked and it is a DOT according to the ingame combat text list it as a DOT in orange colour. It is also affected by thaumaturge CP which gives bonus to DOT damage.
    Lightning form is not on that list either and it is a DOT aswell. Increased by thaumaturge CP
    Twin slashes first two strikes are direct damage, the bleed over 10s is DOT.

I just tested Rapid Strikes and Hurricane and neither proc Valkyn Skoria. I would have sworn they were DoTs. I've been wearing Valkyn Skoria and using my Dual Wield instead of Bow and noticed I haven't been seeing any procs, and tested it over and over on my test dummy.

Twin Slashes procs it all the time.

Maybe Lightning Form is a DoT but Hurricane isn't?

This is why the game needs to give us this very basic info in the mouseover info lol.
    Edited by Holycannoli on June 11, 2022 1:16PM