The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dead Mythic Lead

xaraan
xaraan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
After getting a lead for one of the new mythics, I went to dig it up and was sent to the spot shown on the screenshot (just outside the crafting station tunnel on Amenos island). (It's the gems from mudcrab beach for oakensoul).

26in3SN.png

f3eZb7t.png

It's pointing me into the cliff face. I checked around the other side to see if I could get on top of cliff and couldn't find a way. I checked in the tunnel toward the crafting station, again - nothing. I'm already almost outside the area anyhow, so once you go into the tunnel you are out of the area anyway.

Pretty sure this is poorly place because the "glow" of the dig site that usually comes with a slight humming you can hear when you are near it - I can hear that hum standing by the cliff wall.

Relogging didn't help.

Needs a fix asap IMO. Or this is either a dead mythic for me, b/c I'm not playing the RNG game again for this piece, as it took long enough and the RNG game for the other pieces has already been a fail and eaten up too much time I wish I was actually playing the game instead of farming bad RNG.
-- @xaraan --
nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
AD • NA • PC
  • nankeenheron
    nankeenheron
    ✭✭
    I've got the same location for the blue Stonelore Circle Effigy, and can't figure out how to get to it either.
    Looks bugged to me.
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I also have the same bug
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can always re-scry a lead. Just go to your leads and choose to do it. I think what I did was "abandon progress".

You don't lose the lead!

It's not 100% guaranteed that it'll come up with the blue map in a different place - or the mound might be in a different place within the blue map. You might have to do it more than once to get a good location. But this should be a usable workaround for you all to be able to get your antiquities while the buggy location is being fixed.

Of course, it doesn't mean the location isn't buggy or doesn't need to be fixed - it obviously does. Just giving you a workaround so you can get your antiquity now. Not everybody knows you can re-scry.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always re-scry a lead. Just go to your leads and choose to do it. I think what I did was "abandon progress".

You don't lose the lead!

It's not 100% guaranteed that it'll come up with the blue map in a different place - or the mound might be in a different place within the blue map. You might have to do it more than once to get a good location. But this should be a usable workaround for you all to be able to get your antiquities while the buggy location is being fixed.

Of course, it doesn't mean the location isn't buggy or doesn't need to be fixed - it obviously does. Just giving you a workaround so you can get your antiquity now. Not everybody knows you can re-scry.

sweet, i didn't know you could try this, i'll give a try today
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all, thank you for reporting this. Please keep these coming - the screenshots of where the leads are not accessible are especially helpful, so we can get them fixed in future incremental patches.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a bugged dig location like this in Greenshade too - or at least there was prior to U34, I haven't tested since the update. (The dig is in the cliff formation just NE of the village outside Marbruk. I don't recall which lead it is for.)
  • SekaiXD
    SekaiXD
    ✭✭
    I rescried and got a different location that worked. :)
  • Arafyn
    Arafyn
    ✭✭
    I have that issue for the black elthreric pearls, same spot as what you've shown
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue at the same spot for Petrified Oak Loop16oj3gprzwg4.png
    9nkucln5attp.png
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Kelinmerial said worked for me.

Just open up the menu and at the bottom you'll see an option to abandon the dig and you can rescry for a new spot.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC