The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC NA Cyrodiil Performance - It is starting to lag again as of May 19th

• FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night PCNA GH was noticeably worse than its been in the past few weeks.

Such a disappointment. It's obvious something has changed. Of course we'll never get a answer, ZOS never even acknowledged that performance improved. I wouldn't be surprised if they make belive it never happened at all.

At this point I feel like they think we're all a bunch of idiots.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night PCNA GH was noticeably worse than its been in the past few weeks.

Such a disappointment. It's obvious something has changed. Of course we'll never get a answer, ZOS never even acknowledged that performance improved. I wouldn't be surprised if they make belive it never happened at all.

At this point I feel like they think we're all a bunch of idiots.

It's incredibly disappointing. So many of my friends came back to the game, only to leave within a few days as the performance has seemed to just continually get worse since the 18th of May. No returning PVP player is going to sit through poor performance again after being led on for 5 years already, now that we know the issue can be solved with increased capacity/new hardware.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I seriously can't tell if it's my now-ancient PC causing all the lag or if it's a Cyrodiil thing.

I do know back in 2018-2019 when I last played it wasn't this bad, even without lowering all my graphics settings. Now though even on minimal bare-bones graphics settings large battles lag me out bad. It's a total slideshow and lots of screen freezing.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously can't tell if it's my now-ancient PC causing all the lag or if it's a Cyrodiil thing.

I do know back in 2018-2019 when I last played it wasn't this bad, even without lowering all my graphics settings. Now though even on minimal bare-bones graphics settings large battles lag me out bad. It's a total slideshow and lots of screen freezing.

It's a cyrodiil thing. I play on a pretty decent PC on minimal settings with very few addons, and many of my friends with similar setups experience the same exact lag. ROG RTX 2080, 9900k, 32gb RAM, etc
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

It's a cyrodiil thing. I play on a pretty decent PC on minimal settings with very few addons, and many of my friends with similar setups experience the same exact lag. ROG RTX 2080, 9900k, 32gb RAM, etc

Ok yeah that should not be happening on a PC like that with minimum settings.

Has it been this bad since I last played in 2019? It was bad in large battles back then but bearable and with no settings changes required.

And they recently did something with the servers right? Wondering if something is borked.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

Ok yeah that should not be happening on a PC like that with minimum settings.

Has it been this bad since I last played in 2019? It was bad in large battles back then but bearable and with no settings changes required.

And they recently did something with the servers right? Wondering if something is borked.

The lag had gotten to the point where there was significant skill delay with 1 bar of population for each faction in grayhost, starting at like 10AM eastern each day. Progressively worse from the time you quit up until the very end of April 2022.

At the end of April 2022, zenimax replaced their ancient server hardware with brand new server hardware (old hardware was from 2010, new hardware is 2020). When they did this, the lag COMPLETELY stopped. I have clips from the weeks following the replacement where I was inside of a keep with over 100 players on the tracker - capped out siege, tons of people fighting, and no ability delay whatsoever. This was unheard of and unexpected - the game really has not performed like this since launch.

For some reason after two days of extended maintenance on may 18-19th 2022, the ability delay has begun to return. It becomes present in prime time GH when there are ball groups or large conflicts on the map, and is noticeable in Blackreach under the same circumstances.

Zenimax never acknowledged that replacing the servers fixed the performance, and never acknowledged that after may 18th it has begun to degrade again. That is the main thing must of us want - acknowledgement that they are aware of the course of events and are looking into it.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster