The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How many Quests does ESO have?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Anyone know exactly>>??
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP is aiming to list them all, but I'm not sure if absolutely all of them are on there yet, and I don't think there's an easy way to count them other than working through all the categories.

Other than that possibly the people who make the Quest Map addon might know and the data might be somewhere in the addon itself, but I'm not sure.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Quests list them all.
    Its a bit hard to calculate as some quests are pointer quests who just direct you to the next quest giver and they get removed once you done the following quest.

One excample is To "Tanzelwil" in Auridon quest chain, if you do "In the Name of the Queen" who you will miss it.
    Yes its just an talk with Prince Naemon.

If you use the guide for the zones you can count them :)
    Think I have done them all.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LostHorizon1933
    LostHorizon1933
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

I’m not sure that’s true. It seems to only do the ones that have a geographic marker somewhere on the map.

For example, you might get a quest in a delve, but the delve is counted complete when you beat the boss.

Those miscellaneous Quests count toward the relevant “adventurer” achievement, like I said, may not be listed at all. Rivenspire comes to mind there.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    way back in the day before they adjusted the achievement for total number of quests (the last tier used to be around 1500), i was capped out at like roughly 1150-1250 quests completed

theres probably been at least a hundred added since then since this was like pre-eslweyr when they adjusted that achievement to cap at 1000 instead of 1500
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The zone map doesn't include every quest in the zone. It may show all story and side quests as complete but there are others that aren't included in these categories.

I discovered this when I found a quest in a zone that my map showed as complete. So I got a quest log addon and it showed a lot more quests in each zone than the zone map accounted for.
    Edited by SilverBride on March 31, 2022 5:10PM
    PCNA
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least 15
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    UESP is aiming to list them all, but I'm not sure if absolutely all of them are on there yet, and I don't think there's an easy way to count them other than working through all the categories.

Other than that possibly the people who make the Quest Map addon might know and the data might be somewhere in the addon itself, but I'm not sure.

UESP generally has it kept pretty up to date for the most part, and even tries to list upcoming quests based on PTS info, with the caveat that it is PTS info. I counted a rough ballpark, based on the Journal Quest Log addon that I use (I'll have to check out that Quest Map addon), and ATM without the 50+ High Isle quests being released tomorrow, I counted a little over 2,200 quests in-game, including all chapters and DLC's. In fact, the following UESP page indicates that there are about 2350 quests, and that would include the High Isle quests.

[url="http://"]https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Online-Quests[/url]
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The zone map doesn't include every quest in the zone. It may show all story and side quests as complete but there are others that aren't included in these categories.

I discovered this when I found a quest in a zone that my map showed as complete. So I got a quest log addon and it showed a lot more quests in each zone than the zone map accounted for.

And there are these short random "quests" with NPCs you find on roads. They have dialogue and often either the intimidate or persuasion skill can be used. I didn't see any XP involved with those, but eventually the use of those mage/fighter guild skills contributes to those guilds, but not certain about it. Ok, those are not really quests, but they add a little flavor.
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Anyone know exactly>>??

according to eso-database.com around 2106

https://eso-database.com/en/character/padomay/18005570/quests/

Edited by tim77 on June 5, 2022 7:05PM
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Journal Quest Log addon and it shows I am about half way through the 2273 quests there currently are, more to come with the new patch I'm sure.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1785-JournalQuestLog.html

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true, the quest achievement does not require all quests anyway. Still on my main I think I have them all, keep getting one in Cyrodil but its an bugged pointer quest as it its active as locations but quest end then I go to the city and talk to the npc as I done the quest(s) it pointed to.
    But the pointer quests will make it very hard to calculate as you can easy miss them and they rarely contain much content even if a few was cool.
    You will miss some delve quests if just aiming for the skyshards as some are picked up some distance from delve.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lady_Titania
    Lady_Titania
    ✭✭✭
    This is a really good question, I'd also like to know the exact number. I have every main quest and side quest completed from every zone. This of course was not accomplished quickly, I do listen to all dialogue and I don't skip any content.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's kinda amazing to think about. Over 2000 quests just makes you realize how big the game is
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not nearly enough, the only quests available to me are dlc dungeons, which I don't do!, everytime I think I spot a missed quest, it's always that annoying battelgrounds "For Glory"!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    not nearly enough, the only quests available to me are dlc dungeons, which I don't do!, everytime I think I spot a missed quest, it's always that annoying battelgrounds "For Glory"!

That quest is so irritating because it pops up in multiple locations and I kept mistaking it for a "real" quest. I finally just did it on all my characters to get it out of my face and kinda of enjoyed it. :)
    PCNA
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    currently listed here
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well over 5 Quests
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup