The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do they hear us when we beg?

Morvan
Morvan
✭✭✭
We've been asking for months for Nightfall and New Moon crates, and yet they aren't giving us neither this month, is there any reason for that? Like, it would be really nice if I could understand how this marketing strategy works, aren't they just losing money for not giving what we want to buy? I just want vampy stuff, ZOS.

I think it's frustrating specially for newer players not being allowed to buy something it was released before we started, I've been playing for a bit more than a year now and I've been expecting Nightfall crates this whole time, I've been asking on Instagram, Twitter, through feedback and here, it's kinda childish so this is probably my last appeal before I give up.

I know its not a big deal and I'm overreacting, but I'm an anxious type and getting frustrated over this, I loved the Lady Thorn Arms Pack tho, so at least I'm getting that this month.
But I'm asking once again, and (maybe) for the last time, we want this:
800px-ON-mount-Cursebound_Senche-raht_Darkfang_04.jpg

Give us Nightfall Crates already.
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give us Nightfall Crates already.
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    I'm CONVINCED that ZOS doesn't actually want players spending their money, since I've been howling about Tel Galen & New Moon Crates for literal months.
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember them ever bringing back old crates the month a new season releases. Cross your fingers for July though ;)
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm CONVINCED that ZOS doesn't actually want players spending their money, since I've been howling about Tel Galen & New Moon Crates for literal months.

It's artificial scarcity. It's a belief that by making something unavailable, or making a limited availability of an item, it becomes more desirable. It's a normal marketing tactic, but in the case of a digital good where the things can't be bought and then resold, it benefits no one and just cuts into ZoS' bottom line since the stuff people want isn't available. The argument for artificial scarcity is that if the thing is always available to purchase, some people will think "Oh! I want that, but it'll be there next month so I'll buy it then" then said person does not buy the item because they've thought about the purchase, and decided against it in a good number of cases. This is true in some aspects, but I firmly believe it's more harmful to profits in most cases than it is helpful. Gotta remember, there's also the argument of people seeing an item, thinking about buying it, then not doing so because the item went away before they made up their mind and then the thought "It's for the best, I didn't need it anyway" comes in, which would also dissuade a future purchase of the item. Impulse buys happen more often if it's available whenever. I've missed items I've wanted many times because they were only available when I didn't have disposable income, or what feels worse, when I'm on a hiatus from the game. I've also decided against items I'll never buy because they left the crown store before I made up my mind, so it made up my mind for me. And I'm certain both are common.
    Edited by merpins on May 31, 2022 8:18PM
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    I think they only bring back Halloween crates during Q4. Probably the soonest you'll see them is around Halloween.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RagnarSw wrote: »
    I think they only bring back Halloween crates during Q4. Probably the soonest you'll see them is around Halloween.

The Nightfall Crates are not Halloween themed.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RagnarSw wrote: »

The Nightfall Crates are not Halloween themed.

Any spooky-themed crates are usually brought back around then. If they bring'em back it'll likely be around then.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    I m just straight disappointed. Its been 2 years since the Nightfall crates dropped and forum has been constantly spammed with requests on the crate yet noone cares.
    Edited by Bokila on June 1, 2022 2:26AM
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    Bokila wrote: »
    I m just straight disappointed. Its been 2 years since the Nightfall crates dropped and forum has been constantly spammed with requests on the crate yet noone cares.

Same... As I've said in another thread, this month marks the 1 year anniversary of me begging for them to return the New Moon crates... Note that since that time it was one of the most requested crates as well, and crates like the Sovngarde Crate have been added and already returned since the last time we saw New Moon... And the fact that they haven't brought any crates this month just makes it worse, if they brought back a requested crate, even if it's not the one I want, then it's fine because I know someone is going to be happy, but recently they only brought back crates no one cares about and now none are all...
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a secret. Everybody knows this already!
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many things I have on ps4 I want to buy on PC. I transfered to ps4 at the end of the first year because my pc went out. I made a gaming PC a few years ago and sold my PS4. None of the items I've wanted have returned. I tried support. they said they used to help people out with purchases like this but not anymore.

I hate their store. So anti consumer. I don't think my request to purchase stuff in the store I have already purchased is unreasonable. I still hope they will come back but they haven't.
    Edited by JimT722 on June 2, 2022 3:55AM
  • LittleBarti
    LittleBarti
    ✭✭
    This crown store and time return system just SUX.
    They should add all and we wanna have opportunity to purchase what we want.
    The worst part of this game, I feel like idiot when every month checking new wares and still no new moon crates.
    I fighting with them almost 1.5 year about these crates lol
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The items I wanted returned about a month ago. I decided to check out ESO again because of the new expansion. I guess I'm going to be sol for a few years now.
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    They read these I think, I just don't think they care... whales make sure they are rolling in enough money that regular players can be ignored. Myself and others have asked for certain things many, many, many times to no avail.
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    They read these I think, I just don't think they care... whales make sure they are rolling in enough money that regular players can be ignored. Myself and others have asked for certain things many, many, many times to no avail.

From what I understand, the team that decide what will come to the crown store is not the same one that read the forums... They just pass the feedback they get here to the team that actually makes the decisions.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my list from February:

Sometime this year (hopefully soon) please and in no particular order:

1) Nightfall Crates - many options: mounts, bats and Accursed Death!!
    2) Xanmeer crates - cool mounts, one even looks like a Raptor! Done - March 17-24 2022!! Next Please!! Prefer Nightfall Crates.
    3) Scalecaller Crates - also a nice Senche-Tiger mount would go nice with the Senche-Tiger Cub
    4) New Moon Crates - interesting Mummy Horse.

Would love a Senche-Tiger mount at some point!!
    Edited by PDarkBHood on June 4, 2022 1:11PM
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    Nightfall would be perfect for October.