Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting station idea

ob1ken0bi
ob1ken0bi
✭✭✭
Would like to see some more variety of crafting stations (other than Provisioning) to enhance housing.
High Isle will release an 8th Provisioning station. Seems there is an opportunity to get creative on some of the other crafting stations

This is what I collected (please correct if I missed something)

8 Provisioning (Base, Clockwork, Blackwood, Solitude, Elsweyr, Clockwork, Witches Cauldron, Druidic)
3 Alchemy (Base, Clockwork, Hagraven Altar)
3 Blacksmithing (Base, Clockwork, Anvil of Old Orsinium)
3 Enchanting (Base, Clockwork, Daedric)
2 Woodworking (Base, Clockwork)
2 Clothing (Base, Clockwork)
2 Dye (Base, Clockwork)
1 Jewelry (Base)

Clockwork, Hagraven are Crown store only. A couple are Antiquities (which I love that they did that!)

• Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    You forgot the New Life Festival provisioning station but yeah, pretty accurate.

Provisioning stations are popular because they're the one thing even the most casual non crafters use and like. Personally i'd kill for one that looks like a flat top stove but I digress, you raise a good point on the need for more alternates on the other station types, question is which are the best candidates?

Woodworking and clothing are definitely popular choices. Clothing I can see being easy to come up with a variety of ideas for, Woodworking a bit more difficult since most carpentry stations tend to look alike. Jewelery is a big dud mostly because it requires Summerset and compared to the other basic stations is more detailed.

The dyeing station though I think presents the most potential. Nowadays its an anachronism since outfit stations were added and therein lies the opportunity. I think ZOS should add an antiquity that allows you to upgrade the dyeing station into an outfit station. Naturally it would require multiple parts to be fair, maybe even 5 like mythic antiquities. But would present a hard earned alternative to having to buy an outfit station in the crown store.
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    I would be ok with adding one that requires antiquities. 3-5 would be fine. I would love to have a set of stations that are different than the base stations (which you see endless of the same in guild houses). I understand why they do that but for a non guild house, I like to use something different..
    I would be ok if they did a different one each new release (instead of just provisioning)
    Maybe even exchange for tickets or be part of the morph reward instead of another pet or mount which ends up looking like many other pets and mounts.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be interesting if they made Crafting Stations that are a grouping of items that can be placed on a table. This would make it so that you can somewhat customize them by placing them on a table of any style. I would also hope there would be in game ways to earn them.
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    I literally just got the daedric enchanting station and I am 1000% on board with antiquity crafting furnishings!
    Mascen wrote: »
    Jewelery is a big dud mostly because it requires Summerset and compared to the other basic stations is more detailed.

I disagree - they would just need to have the leads drop in Summerset or Artaeum, as they've done for some of the other antiquities. That being said, I think a Sapiarch-themed jewelry station would be very thematic.

Personally, I'd love to see a Telvanni-themed enchanting station, but I'm obviously biased lol.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a Furnishing station where I can find all my furnishings in one place rather than having to check the Enchanting station, the Woodworking station and the Clothing station to see all the beds I'm able to craft, for example. It's not necessary to have one item type separated out over multiple crafting stations.
    Edited by SilverBride on June 3, 2022 7:28PM
    PCNA
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    I just want a Furnishing station where I can find all my furnishings in one place rather than having to check the Enchanting station, the Woodworking station and the Clothing station to see all the beds I'm able to craft, for example. It's not necessary to have one item type separated out over multiple crafting stations.

100% agree - trying to find lighting in all of them is a task...should keep it simple and easy