The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Login Failed

Waterdesk
Waterdesk
I've been trying to play ESO on my Xbox Series X since yesterday, but I keep getting a Login Failed message. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm able to play other multiplayer games, but not ESO. I play on NA.

Update: Tried logging in with a different gamertag and it worked. Not sure what type of issue this is.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 2, 2022 4:54PM
  • Waterdesk
    Waterdesk
    Posting an image to see if anyone else encountered this issue and found a way to resolve it. I can't login to my ESO account when using my gamertag, but I am able to login to the ESO account of a family member when I switched to their gamertag, so it doesn't seem to be a connection issue on my end. I'm not sure if the recent ESO NA server Xbox maintenance is related to this issue, but I was able to login successfully before then.
    wfky4quivonn.jpg

Edited by Waterdesk on May 13, 2022 12:03PM
  • Waterdesk
    Waterdesk
    I tried all the troubleshooting steps related to this issue from the support page, but still getting the same problem. I even tried contacting Microsoft support since this could also be an issue related to my gamertag (my gamertag and eso account are linked), but we weren't able to fix the issue. I also hooked up my Xbox One X to see if it would work from there and still the same login error. It definitely is something related to my gamertag and eso account. Not sure if something got screwed up in the maintenance.
    Edited by Waterdesk on May 13, 2022 3:08PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Waterdesk

Have you tried contacting ESO customer support?

If not, you can do so by going here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Waterdesk
    Waterdesk
    @ZOS_Bill

Yes, I contacted them on 5/12, and still no fix to this issue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Waterdesk

Do you have your support ticket number?

If so, you can post it here so we can check on the status.
    Staff Post
  • Waterdesk
    Waterdesk
    @ZOS_Bill

Thanks, but they reach out to me yesterday and passed my issue to the devs.
  • Husker4x4
    Husker4x4
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue on my end, yours ever get fixed?
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only fix I've ever seen work is a complete delete & redownload. However, it hasn't worked for everyone from guildie reports. It did for me this time, but not when it happened previously and support told me to redownload.

Many people in Xbox are experiencing this and there has been zero indication that ZOS cares. People in guilds have quit playing because logging in is such a hit-or-miss thing. This or a similar bug existed, was fixed and has now been reintroduced and left for the past few updates. It's super frustrating to not get any answers at all, and see these topics keep popping up. It's been since Jubilee, at least! @ZOS_Bill
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the same thing. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and was working great for a couple days until Tuesdays update. Now it's doing it again.
    Xbox X- NA
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    I'm getting the same thing. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and was working great for a couple days until Tuesdays update. Now it's doing it again.

It's like they keep reintroducing the same thing and haven't saved the fixes. Deleting and redownloading a game this big after every update is NOT an appropriate customer service solution!
    It's only Xbox so it feels like they can't even give 5 minutes of dev time to even acknowledge there is a systemic issue from a players experience. I'm losing guildies because it seems like nobody at ZOS has any concern about these players inability to login. Even the support who you'd think would be the first line to recognize a repeated issue like this, acts like it's a total surprise and an unknown issue during their communication. Players have given up trying.

(Mod note- I said "feels", "seems" and "player's experience" so these are my feelings, and perceptions based on my experiences, those of my guldies, and publicly available information. They are not conspiracy theories, nor should expressing my feelings be interpreted as bashing.)
    Edited by LurgidBean on May 26, 2022 5:54PM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Waterdesk

Thank you for the update on your support ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Waterdesk
    Waterdesk
    @Husker4x4

Yeah, it got fixed for me back on May 23rd. The devs released a hotfix and I was informed that there was a glitch involving ESO plus. Not sure how that glitch was related to my account since I'm not currently on ESO plus. However, I subscribe on and off, so maybe it's tied to that? Overall idk, not much detail was given other than that.
    Edited by Waterdesk on May 31, 2022 1:11AM
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Can definitely understand how players are feeling. Again it's Tuesday and it's happening again to me where I'm in the game and it disconnects. We aren't' having any other issues with watching apps on my Series X, it's only been ESO. There is definitely something going awry. Currently testing my NAT and am changing ports.
    Xbox X- NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the further update. Since the login issue has now been resolved, we are going to close this discussion going forward.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.