The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Camera is glitchy in combat

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Do you guys remember the Minotaur fight in Vateshran being glitchy? When you roped from one platform to another with the crossbow, the camera would frequently jerk in some random(ish) direction upon landing. While this seems to be fixed in Vateshran, this is happening to me in combat generally as of late. It's bad on templar for some reason. It happens all the time in busy combat, such as trials and PvP. Seems to happen far less on other classes, but on templar it's getting really annoying. Does anyone else have this problem?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 23, 2022 9:54PM
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    spamming happends alot in weapon for me not seen the camera.. spaz out yet.. if have controller thou and want change window.. sometimes if in certain winsow size or shape.. or full or bordered.. or other it will go all over the place..
    this is normal i think .. but you never know..
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PC Technical Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PC Technical Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Geez, thanks for moving this into a forum where hardly anyone will look at it. Whether this is a PC support issue remains to be established. It would have been nice remaining in the general forum to get more feedback. By what logic did you conclude this is a PC support issue and not a general game client issue? It could also be affecting consoles. Now we won't know. FWIW it happens on two PCs I use and only lately, after 7 years of playing. One of those PCs is new, 8 cores, 16 threads, RTX 3080, 64GB of RAM, PCIE Gen4 SSD.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @fred4

Are you able to make a second Templar character and see if you can reproduce the camera glitchyness on this second Templar?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @fred4

Are you able to make a second Templar character and see if you can reproduce the camera glitchyness on this second Templar?
    I think I figured it out. I activate the middle mouse button quite a bit by accident. I had not been using that button on my templar, but had recently reprogrammed the in-game keyboard bindings for that character from scratch. This defaulted the middle mouse button to "mouse free look". When you use that function and then release the key, the camera snaps back to the position it was in when you started pressing the "mouse free look" key. I have now disabled that keybind. Hopefully that will be it.

The reason, incidentally, why I redid the keybindings is that the game appears to have a limited buffer for changing key bindings. If you try to unbind or rebind too many keys, for example if you try to be super tidy and unbind all the default keys you don't want, then the game does not save all of your changes. You can only rebind a certain number of keys. If you try to do more, that only takes effect in the current session. If you log out and log back in, the latest additional keybinds you tried to create are gone. This eventually forced me to redo my keybindings, so I could create a new keybind for the latest addon I'm using.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @fred4

Thank you for the update!

Please keep us updated on whether the keybind change is what helps resolve the camera issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post