The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Veteran dungeons are fun and well balanced

Axer
Axer
✭✭✭✭
Too many people post only with negative, when I believe tons really enjoy the level of difficulty and design of these. The content often stay silent.

So just posting to say thanks devs. Nice job on these.

Please make more =) All 15 dungeons VR'd would be awesome.

And honestly, most of us would be happy with a simple difficulty/loot ramp. You really don't need new strorylines or layouts. Add 1-2 new specials to each boss, cool, unique and fun loots, and youll have us hooked for many an hour.
Edited by Axer on April 29, 2014 8:14AM
Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Bandras
    Bandras
    Although I enjoy doing these vet dungeons they really need some tuning. You loot normal lvl 15 items from the chests in tehse dungeons. They should also be scaled up.

Some boss mechanics should also be fixed. Some of the bosses can be pulled back even to the entrance while others reset. In some cases bosses can turn invisible for half of the group while the other half of the team see them....that can cause funny situations.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aye. First issue should be address with the first major patch id imagine. (They are fixing them so everyone loots, so they may fix the VR chests issue at the same itme)
    Hoever if you fully understand hte loot system, youd realise in the grand scheme of things, this is 99% irrelevant to anyone who really runs these dungeons any significant amount of runs. A single drop from a boss can be worth a thousand chest pulls due to the loot tables. So all that is really lost is some very minor loss of gold in the long run.

2. These issues appear to be limited to VR Banished Cells from what I've seen. Other bosses could maybe be pulled, but most do not feature mechanics that require them to be in there rooms to be challenging, thus shouldnt matter.
    And I've only seen High Kinlord Rillis do the invis bug - Believe it's related to his teleport script.
    But yes, they are very frusterating issues I agree.

But despite the bugs, they are fun.

Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • mkultra867b16_ESO
    mkultra867b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to see all 16 dungeons scaled to VR. Perhaps with Craglorn and the raise on VR cap this could be implemented. Also the option to trade bound loot between party members while in the dungeon. Nothing is worse then getting a bound ebon piece that my tank wants but I will never use as a light armoured caster. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the fights and mechanics but as Axer said it would be nice to have some special mechanics to keep it interesting and fix the damn bugs. I see that they are fixing DC with v1.06 but I was hoping to see more on the dungeons list. That being said, I can't wait for Craglorn, when it comes out you know we're gunna Crush It! ;)
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see all 16 dungeons scaled to VR. Perhaps with Craglorn and the raise on VR cap this could be implemented. Also the option to trade bound loot between party members while in the dungeon. Nothing is worse then getting a bound ebon piece that my tank wants but I will never use as a light armoured caster. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the fights and mechanics but as Axer said it would be nice to have some special mechanics to keep it interesting and fix the damn bugs. I see that they are fixing DC with v1.06 but I was hoping to see more on the dungeons list. That being said, I can't wait for Craglorn, when it comes out you know we're gunna Crush It! ;)
    Exactly my feelings at least add another 3 to 6 and tier them correctly so the first three scale. reitemizing some of that set gear to be usable before VR 5 is not a bad idea either

• thesmulf
    thesmulf
    VR dungs are fun, they are good.
    but need a handful of devs, too many bugs you can use on bosses, you can skip entire BC if you like and just do last boss with cost of 2 soul gems.
    chests is bugged. quest bug out a lot.
    It feels like some sort of WoW private server sadly, but its well made besides the bugs. i love it and hope they will make more of it.
  • Bandras
    Bandras
    thesmulf wrote: »
    VR dungs are fun, they are good.
    but need a handful of devs, too many bugs you can use on bosses, you can skip entire BC if you like and just do last boss with cost of 2 soul gems.
    chests is bugged. quest bug out a lot.
    It feels like some sort of WoW private server sadly, but its well made besides the bugs. i love it and hope they will make more of it.

I completely agree with you on this.

What they should do is just tune the dungeons a bit. Make tiers.

- T1- vet 1-3 loot and boosses and chests
    - T2 vet4 -6 loot and bosses and chests
    - T3 vet7-10 loot and bosses and chests
    - Craglorn

There are enough dungeons in the game to make this happen and this way everybody would be a bit happier. It would be easier for those who find the current dungeon difficulty too hard and it would also be good for those who prefer bigegr challanges. They could just queue up for harder dungeons.

The dungeon xp should also be fixed, so we should eitehr be able to take repeatable quests for some xp or the boss drop/or drop itself should be fixed.

Then it would be worth visiting these dungeons from time to time.