The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter not Auto Looting

MadGrandpa25
MadGrandpa25
Soul Shriven
Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter v3.0.96.8

I'm having a problem with Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter not auto looting when I turn in my daily crafting writs. I have checked my version and it's the latest, all the dependencies are up to date, and all my settings are set to auto-loot. I'm not sure what I'm missing, any help will be appreciated, thanks!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter not auto looting when I turn in my daily crafting writs. I have checked my version and it's the latest, all the dependencies are up to date, and all my settings are set to auto-loot. I'm not sure what I'm missing, any help will be appreciated, thanks!

It prevents looting for me sometimes and not others. Something is odd with it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • MadGrandpa25
    MadGrandpa25
    Soul Shriven

Yeah, my wife is having the same problem also, not a big deal, just frustrating.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, my wife is having the same problem also, not a big deal, just frustrating.

True, but I am a bit slower turning these in, though I still make mistakes. I have had an encounter or few with the guard in Alinor due to it. Bastion has also lost respect for me in these cases.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens for me too but realized that today only, it worked fine in the past.

Are you guys where it does not work on ESO+?
    I'm asking as mine ran out and I only noticed that happening after ESO+ was ended.
  • MadGrandpa25
    MadGrandpa25
    Soul Shriven
    Baertram wrote: »
    Happens for me too but realized that today only, it worked fine in the past.

Are you guys where it does not work on ESO+?
    I'm asking as mine ran out and I only noticed that happening after ESO+ was ended.

Yeah, I have had ESO+ and it's not working. I don't think that's the issue because my wife doesn't have ESO+ and she's having the same issue. I had taken a break from crafting for about two months and then began crafting a few weeks ago when I noticed it. I made sure everything was up to date, all dependencies are up to date, completely removed it, and reinstalled it, but nothing has worked.

I left a post on ESOUI, but haven't heard anything back yet. If I get a reply or find a fix, I will post on here. I don't run many addons so I may just delete them all and reinstall to see if that fixes it.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be that you're moving too fast for the game or does the game loot nothing?

From what I've experienced in the last year or so, the game takes quite its time to open the containers. If I run back to the bank in Vivec City too fast, not all seven containers will have been looted by the time I get to the bank. If the game is still in the process of opening containers then, I wait a couple of seconds until the last container has been looted.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    Could it be that you're moving too fast for the game or does the game loot nothing?

From what I've experienced in the last year or so, the game takes quite its time to open the containers. If I run back to the bank in Vivec City too fast, not all seven containers will have been looted by the time I get to the bank. If the game is still in the process of opening containers then, I wait a couple of seconds until the last container has been looted.

This is not talking about opening the reward boxes. It is about "stealing" from the things the devs thought would be great to stick around the quest turn-in crates.

The Addon used to prevent that, but now it doesn't most of the time, at least for some of us.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • MadGrandpa25
    MadGrandpa25
    Soul Shriven

I seem to get two results.

For me, when I turn in the first writ (usually blacksmithing) the dialog box pops up with my rewards and that's it, nothing else happens, it just sits there. I can't move or do anything else until I click loot all. Then I can move on to the next box and repeat the same process.

OR, I turn in the first writ, and absolutely nothing happens, then I move on to the next box and when I click on it the loot from the first box pops up and I have to manually loot it before I can move on. As above, then we repeat this process for all the crates.

Not game-breaking but it is frustrating. The day before yesterday I deleted all my add-ons and libraries. I reinstalled them and got the same results. I did a repair file on the game client which was no help.

• joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not talking about opening the reward boxes. It is about "stealing" from the things the devs thought would be great to stick around the quest turn-in crates.

The Addon used to prevent that, but now it doesn't most of the time, at least for some of us.

I believe the OP was talking about the normal auto looting as set in the game settings. It's actually called auto loot and basically automatically presses R for you to loot all items from a container / reward box.

Regardless, the stealing prevention mechanism of the addon has worked correctly for me for as long as I can remember.
    But I only recently realized that I can steal something while I'm crouched. I haven't checked the addon description, but I guess this is intended so we can do some non-accidental stealing despite having a writ quest active.

Could this be the reason it doesn't work for you?

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I believe the OP was talking about the normal auto looting as set in the game settings. It's actually called auto loot and basically automatically presses R for you to loot all items from a container / reward box.

Regardless, the stealing prevention mechanism of the addon has worked correctly for me for as long as I can remember.
    But I only recently realized that I can steal something while I'm crouched. I haven't checked the addon description, but I guess this is intended so we can do some non-accidental stealing despite having a writ quest active.

Could this be the reason it doesn't work for you?

No, I am not crouched. That already came up in the discussion in the addons area on esoui.com. The addon also worked for me for a long time until it didn't.

I do realize I can completely turn off the ability to auto-steal, but that is not useful since I normally want to automatically steal. The problem is the stealable items next to the daily turn ins. I would argue that is a nasty design choice.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on May 30, 2022 6:22PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5