The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Foods and Drinks of ESO - An overview

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Welcome fellow ESO player to the culinary experience of Tamriel.

We got all sorts of beautiful foods to keep you strong and well fed in your distant travels. Many of you master cooks out there will already be familiar with many of these recipe's, but a few up-and-coming cooks may find it helpful. With so many foods to choose from, how do I get started?

Magicka Damage dealers and Healers:

If your coin purses are endless and your taste is exquisite I recommend the finest foods of Tamriel like

Clockwork Citrus Fillet:
  • 3326 health
  • 406 health recovery
  • 3080 Max Magicka
  • 338 Magicka recovery

This beautiful dish is usually favored by high end Magicka users for veteran / hm trials and dungeons if the more common bi-stat foods are not enough to sustain on.

For people with slightly less "endless purses" I recommend the much cheaper but still reasonable

Witchmother's Potent Brew:
  • 3094 health
  • 2856 Magicka
  • 315 Magicka Recovery

If sustain is not an issue for you dear traveler, and you favor the magicka side, we can go even cheaper with Bi-stat food. This food provide excellent survivability with even better max ressources:

Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup:
  • 5395 health
  • 4936 Magicka

Stamina Damage Dealers

For the rich Stamina players with a lot on their shoulder's I recommend:

Arteaum Takeaway Broth
  • 3326 health
  • 406 health recovery
  • 3080 Max Stamina
  • 338 Stamina recovery

For the more humble traveler who needs to recover some stamina I recommend:

Dubious Camoran Throne:
  • 3094 health
  • 2856 Stamina
  • 315 Stamina Recovery

If your sustain is excellent already maybe we can buff those stats with Bi-Stat food instead like:

Garlic Cod with Potatoe Crust:
  • 5395 health
  • 4936 Stamina

Parsing, Parsing and more Parsing:

To make sure you got enough energy to face the almighty parse dummy I recommend this delicous food to keep you well saturated, even on the sweatiest of parses.

Lava Foot Soup-and-Saltrice (Stamina)
  • 4936 Stamina
  • 493 Stamina Recovery

Ghastly Eyeball (Magicka)
  • 4592 Magicka
  • 459 Magicka Recovery

For more spicy hybrid setups you may consider:

Crunchy Spider Skewer:
  • 4592 Magicka
  • 459 Stamina Recovery

Tanking and PvP

While the mighty PvP player may be very flexible in the food they choose, for their specific setup, we might be able to look into some favourites that may share some territory with the Tanks of Tamriel.

Bewitched Sugar Skulls:
  • 4620 Health
  • 4250 Magicka and Stamina
  • 462 Health Recovery

Or the cheaper version of the favorite Bewitched:

Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce:
  • 4462 Health
  • 4105 Magicka and Stamina

Crown Fortifying Meals (from the occasional daily login rewards)
  • 4462 Health
  • 4105 Magicka and Stamina

For the recovery hungry PVP'er or Tank:

We start off expensive with:

Orzoga's Smoked Bear Haunch:
  • 4312 Health
  • 369 Magicka and Stamina Recovery
  • 406 Health Recovery

And the more humble but reasonable:

Jewels of Misrule (This food got no CP or level cap and scales with your level)
  • 3927 Health
  • 357 Magicka and Stamina Recovery

Vampire level food

Now for the Vampire who doesn't like feeding on the living we can help lowering your Vampire level with:

Purifying Bloody Mara:
  • 5051 Health
  • 4620 Magicka
  • Reduces your vampire level by 1

Or increase the level with:

Corrupting Bloody Mara:
  • 5051 Health
  • 4620 Magicka
  • 505 Health Recovery
  • Increase your vampire level by 1

Werewolf

While it's not uncommon for the mighty werewolf to look favorably into the foods of the Stamina Damage Dealer or PvP adventurer we can make them a special dish that makes turning into a Werewolf slightly more convenient.

Pack Leader's Bone Broth:
  • 5051 Health
  • 4620 Stamina
  • Reduces werewolf Transfermation Slightly

Fishing!
If your aim is help to catch rare fish in Tamriel may I recommend:

Artaeum Picked FIsh Bowl:
  • 5414 Health
  • 4938 Magicka
  • Increases your chance to catch higher quality fish

Experience:

Now if your aim is to level up fast we got drinks for you like:

Psijic Ambrosia:
50% more XP from all sources for 30 minutes (Compatable with other food sources)

Aetherial Ambrosia:
100% more XP from all sources for 30 minutes (Compatable with other food sources)

Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia
150% more XP from all sources for 30 minutes (Compatable with other food sources)

Alliance War Skill Line:

Colovian War Torte
You gain a 50% Alliance War Skill Line experience point bonus from all sources for 30 minutes.

Molten War Torte
You gain a 100% Alliance War Skill Line experience point bonus from all sources for 30 minutes.

White-Gold War Torte
You gain a 150% Alliance War Skill Line experience point bonus from all sources for 30 minutes.

Other:

Now if none of these fancy your taste buds there's many more foods and drinks to make your specific setup tailor made.

Or you can just give your friend a virtual "Tears of Joy", "Colovian Ginger Beer" or "Jasmine Tea" as a pad on the back because they're a joy to be around.

Notice these values may change over time with updates, so make sure to keep up with that.

Safe Travels.
Edited by Grandchamp1989 on May 29, 2022 10:55AM
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like you forgot to change the numbers after copying & pasting the numbers for the different war tortes. ;)

Nice list, it seems there isn't really that much to miss among the millions of recipes we have in this game. :)
  • OldMagSorc
    Why would anyone buy potions or food with minus attributes? Lol check your post op. Maybe confusing to new players. No disrespect intended though.
    Clockwork Citrus Fillet:
    -3326 health
    -406 health recovery
    -3080 Max Magicka
    -338 Magicka recovery
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use crown tri-stat food, considering its price (free from daily logins) it has no alternatives for me. Playing hybrid, no sustain issues.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, I don’t do a lot of parsing but I never thought of using different food! I just use the same bi-food my lowly dps stats deserve for the content I do. I can now see that would make a big difference!

Why have none of the players who tried to help me with my dps ever explained this?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome and nicely written. Gave this traveler a chuckle this morning.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post