The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

please end this torture, give us a reset instance option!

Iron_Warrior
Iron_Warrior
✭✭✭✭✭
Basically the title, why do we have to wait for 10 minutes to reset the instance if we are solo. For years you could reset the instance by changing difficulty even if you were solo but for some unknown reason you guys changed it. It's so frustrating when you want to farm a dungeon but you have to wait 10min between each run if you are solo...
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 28, 2022 1:30AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its especially problematic for solo-only instances such as maelstrom or vateshran arenas

had to go through this several times when i spent a few hours attempting spirit slayer and died due to stupid things and had to reset
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be nice for trials
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually just switch the difficulty mode and back again if I need to reset an instance solo. As long as your character is Champion level, you can always do this.

Edit: it works with groups as well. Just have everyone leave the instance first.
    Edited by Gundug on May 18, 2022 8:21AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    I usually just switch the difficulty mode and back again if I need to reset an instance solo. As long as your character is Champion level, you can always do this.

Edit: it works with groups as well. Just have everyone leave the instance first.

This does not work for Maelstrom Arena, even if you group with someone to change difficulty. It is a hard 15-minute reset timer.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

This does not work for Maelstrom Arena, even if you group with someone to change difficulty. It is a hard 15-minute reset timer.
    Indeed, and if you are solo it doesn't work for group dungeons either. However, for group dungeons:

(1) Group with a friend.
    (2) Relog to an alt.
    (3) Ask your friend to group with your alt. You are now in the group twice. One of your characters will be offline.
    (4) Relog to the character you want to do the dungeon with, if necessary. Your friend may then leave the group. You are now grouped with yourself.
    (5) Do the dungeon. Leave the dungeon, when finished.
    (6) Switch the difficulty between normal and vet, then back again.
    (7) Dungeon has been reset. Jump to step (5).
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Indeed, and if you are solo it doesn't work for group dungeons either. However, for group dungeons:

(1) Group with a friend.
    (2) Relog to an alt.
    (3) Ask your friend to group with your alt. You are now in the group twice. One of your characters will be offline.
    (4) Relog to the character you want to do the dungeon with, if necessary. Your friend may then leave the group. You are now grouped with yourself.

Yeah, a simple reset button would be great...
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭

i think it still works if you are already grouped when entering the arena in the beginning, doesnt matter if the other group member is online or offline.
    if you group up while already be inside the arena, it doesnt work.

not 100% sure but still pretty much.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »

i think it still works if you are already grouped when entering the arena in the beginning, doesnt matter if the other group member is online or offline.

my experience is that it does not work like this for maelstrom and vateshran, even with another player in group toggling difficulty still failed to reset the instance

i had to drop quest and wait like 5-10 min before it actually reset

for dungeons/trials the toggle difficulty definitely works
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For solo arenas, I've usually been logging out of the character, onto another for something quick and back. Haven't checked the time but it's always reset.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A 'Reset Instance' button would also be great for groups as well, especially if you're progging something like a speedrun/nodeath/trifecta.

It's bad enough when everyone gets demoralized when someone takes a hit to the face, but then to require everyone to port out and then swap the difficulty and then port back in... when it would be easier for the leader to just push an option and then it gives a "would you like to reset the instance?" vote.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was in a PuG running Dread Cellar and one of the gate switches wouldn’t activate. A reset switch would have saved us time and might have prevented the group breaking up.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »

In my experience this does not work.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does relog work?
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does relog work?

No i've tried that, you just have to wait regardless
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I'd like this feature.

It was driving me nuts when I was trying to get the trifecta in Vateshran Hollows.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus 1,000,000 for this idea. Solo, 4-man, Trials, would be useful for all. You would need to add a vote option in group finder to prevent trolls, but otherwise, I see no downside whatsoever. Bonus points to ZOS if they make it so resetting the instance also fills your ultimate.

I cant image 12 players PTE, then porting to their homes to grab the well, then porting back into a trial is great for the servers.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus 1,000,000 for this idea. Solo, 4-man, Trials, would be useful for all. You would need to add a vote option in group finder to prevent trolls, but otherwise, I see no downside whatsoever. Bonus points to ZOS if they make it so resetting the instance also fills your ultimate.

I cant image 12 players PTE, then porting to their homes to grab the well, then porting back into a trial is great for the servers.

under the current game, wouldnt it be faster to port to your house directly from the trial (since its free to do that)?

you dont have to PTE before going to your house and sitting through an extra load screen lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

under the current game, wouldnt it be faster to port to your house directly from the trial (since its free to do that)?

you dont have to PTE before going to your house and sitting through an extra load screen lol

I think there is a lot of muscle memory going on. Before wells, it was just PTE. It's usually a fast loading screen, and usually the fastest from a keyboard command to get everyone out of the trial for a reset. Porting straight from a trial to your house certainly works, but it also seems, at least in my experience, to actually take longer, at least some of the time. PTE is usually almost instantaneous, and you dont always need to go to your house. Porting to your house from open world, is usually pretty fast as well. Porting to a house from a trial sometimes seems to be a good way to catch a load screen.
  • Al_Ex_Andre
    Al_Ex_Andre
    ✭✭
    I support this topic!

So +1 I guess :
    @Zemimax, could you add a simple button/option to reset dungeons? Simply put.

Do current limitations really make sense? Is there a good reason behind it?

Generally speaking there are always good reasons behind a feature, and players just don't know it, but I am not too sure this is the case here.

-Cheers
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I whine about this every time I am doing a trifecta for dungeons.

Its -> Que in -> fail Trifecta -> Lets leave -> Ohh wait can't reque because we qued -> Reform group -> que in -> Ohh wait instance bug -> alright now port on on X -> Realize that queing is terrible for trifecta's

Form group -> Go into dungeon -> Fail Trifecta -> quickly wipe -> Alright lets port out -> Wait on load screen -> Now I finished -> Wait on others to finish load screen -> Hit normal -> Wait on normal swap lag -> Swap to vet -> Rinse and repeat loading screen adventure 2.0 dance bogaloo.

Please add a "Reset instance" with optional vote options in group menu.
    Edited by karekiz on May 24, 2022 6:37PM
  • Al_Ex_Andre
    Al_Ex_Andre
    ✭✭
    SO running a group dungeon solo, that you want to complete over and over again (your choice), you need to wait 10/15 min in between.

Or you need to

-->
    (1) Group with a friend.
    (2) Relog to an alt.

Is that not a tad, hmm, clunky? Now?

Please note that I do 'not' want to model the game my way...not my intent. I am not a dev and I don't necessary have the complete picture.

But why the change, like OP said?

Just that it 'might' be good to streamline group and solo play again, ie: not need to wait anymore the 10 or 15 min mark. DO it please, or please we need to know why it won't be changed back.

Disclaimer: just so you know, I thought first that I posted in the UK forums, but I am in the US forums I see. Cool that, thanks Zenimax for your permission, greetings from France! Cheers!
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all!

We have moved this thread to a more appropriate section for visibility.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Al_Ex_Andre
    Al_Ex_Andre
    ✭✭
    Thanks for moving the thread to the appropriate forum.

Anyway, sounds that ZOS don't want us to farm the same dungeon solo like a madman? They want to prevent us to become mad :p
    Or there is a technical limitation per se that has appeared or was here (like a server overcharge), and it has been fixed that way?!

Well there must be something. :smiley:

(apologies for my english)