Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Longevity: Could anyone live from current timeline to Skyrim?

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a major battle between the worm cult and the mages guild in which Vanus the founder of the mages guild fought with mannimarco and they supposedly destroyed each other. So no matter your choices in the MQ of ESO, Mannimarco eventually escapes Coldharbor.

Is this canon? Asking because I have my own sort of fan-canon about Manni/Vanus and this would tie nicely into it :smile:
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of lore-friendly ways for a certain characters to live long (possibly forever). Just some random ideas:

- Vampires are immortal (even if they don't "drink" like those in house of Ravenwatch).
    - Werewolves & other lycanthropes are also "blessed" with longevity, as they have outstanding health, vigor & regeneration and as a result they almost don't age.
    - Daedric pact that grants long live & is done in a clever way could be used technically by any one.
    - Draconic bloodline (basically dragonborn) may increase live length in some way.
    - Argonians (tribal ones, living with close relationships with the Hist tree) can potentially have something that would allow for a soul to be immortal - reincarnation (when body dies, soul goes back to the Hist and then to a new hatchling body etc.)
    - Dark Elfs (but not only them) can achieve long live time through some kind of tribunal blessing (maybe as a gratitude for helping them & savings their lives ?)
    - Imperials for sure can live very long throughout the use of magic (Abnur Tharn in ESO for example).
    - Soul magic that we can learn in ESO can also imho be used in some way to increase the length of the live.

What is great abou ESO lore is that it is so vast that you can "create" a background story for every character & even if said character is immortal / lives very long - it would still "fit" in the lore.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Werewolves & other lycanthropes are also "blessed" with longevity, as they have outstanding health, vigor & regeneration and as a result they almost don't age.

@Tommy_The_Gun Source on that? There are only a few examples of werebeasts who are claimed (usually by themselves) to be immortal. With most others seeming not to be. There are even characters with lycantrophy who comments about getting old.
    - Draconic bloodline (basically dragonborn) may increase live length in some way.
    Not backed up anywhere.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on June 10, 2022 2:48PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “The Prisoner wields great power”

If you can do it, do it!

I have an ESO dark elf who was a vampire. Then I remade them as a Nerevarine in Morrowind after “being cured.”

Then for fun I made them an elderly dark elf in Skyrim (I didn’t really do main quest stuff with them though.)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

There was a major battle between the worm cult and the mages guild in which Vanus the founder of the mages guild fought with mannimarco and they supposedly destroyed each other. So no matter your choices in the MQ of ESO, Mannimarco eventually escapes Coldharbor.

Is this canon? Asking because I have my own sort of fan-canon about Manni/Vanus and this would tie nicely into it :smile:

Here's the lorebook: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mannimarco,_King_of_Worms
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone I haven't seen mentioned here yet is Verandis Ravenwatch, who should still be alive in Skyrim's time mainly due to ...
    his death having potentially catastrophic consequences for the world.
    Of course if ESO decides to kill him in a future update, I'll take everything back, but I think that is unlikely right now. But he is also a vampire which has been mentioned as an option plenty of times.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • KingArthasMenethil
    KingArthasMenethil
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Mannimarco? Could he still be alive? Somehow?

The Necromancer's Moon is still around, so in at least one sense, yeah. I'm pretty sur
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Mannimarco? Could he still be alive? Somehow?

The Necromancers Moon is still around, so at least in some form, yes. I'm pretty sure we killed his Lich form in Oblivion.

I don't think that we've ever gotten in-lore confirmation of Oblivion Mannimarco vs. Necromancer's Moon... according to the UESP, they're two different versions of him from alternate timelines from Daggerfall because of the Dragon Break.

But in Morrowind, we actually meet an avatar of ol' Talos himself, so maybe Mannimarco can create avatars as well?

Pretty sure they're meant to be the same. Just People think they're two different versions to try and explain the the TES4 version of him which is more to do with TES4s art style and TES not doing boss fights until Dawnguard.
    The Book Necromancers Book predicted his return "Stay faithful to the Order of the Black Worm, and in time your loyalty will be rewarded. Soon, He will return to set the world right in due time, and those who would stand in his way will suffer enternally [sic] at his hands, just as those who stood opposed before." which ends up being the plot of the TES4 Mages Guild after Travens idiocy.
    EU 2000+ CP
    Characters
    Gaius Sulla 50 Cyrodiil DragonKnight.
    Livia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Nightblade.
    Divayth-Fyr 50 Dunmer Sorcerer.
    Ragnar Shatter-Shield 50 Nord Dragonknight.
    Selvia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Templar.
    Attrebus Mede 50 Cyrodiil Warden.
    Zirath Urivith 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
    Dame Edwinna Gelas 50 Breton Dragonknight.
    Agrippina Tharn 50 Cyrodiil Necromancer.
    Bedal Dren 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.