Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My houses feel brighter

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever since the extended maintenance yesterday a lot of my houses seem to be a lot brighter than before. This is especially noticeable in Proudspire Manor, where it became so bright I removed several sconces and it's still brighter than it used to be.

Has anyone else noticed a change in the lighting in their houses?
PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting, I did not visit any of my houses today but I will try to remember and check tomorrow. It’s getting late now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, need to pop in and have a look at my Psijic Villa.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how just maintenance would change things but it was really noticable in some of my houses.
    PCNA
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    no, i don't see difference in my main houses.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked my settings and didn't see anything different so I don't know. But it's very noticable with Proudspire Manor.
    PCNA
  • gusthermopyle
    gusthermopyle
    ✭✭
    I thought I noticed this too. Had to check if my gamma settings had been changed, but they were the same.

But I have thought this before after a maintenance & I think it just might be psychological :D
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first time I've ever noticed anything like this but it is very noticable in some of my houses. Something changed but I'm not sure what.
    PCNA
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the first time I've ever noticed anything like this but it is very noticable in some of my houses. Something changed but I'm not sure what.

Perhaps you were previously experiencing the bug where some flames & lighting don't load in completely, but didn't realize it at the time?
    Maybe there was something that fixed that issue for you after the update, therefore it seems brighter now.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »

Perhaps you were previously experiencing the bug where some flames & lighting don't load in completely, but didn't realize it at the time?
    Maybe there was something that fixed that issue for you after the update, therefore it seems brighter now.

I hadn't checked for that before but that could explain it. That could also be why it's more noticable in some houses than others.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I visited my Thieves Oasis during the day and it did indeed seem brighter, even with the loads of lights I put in there it tends to be a bit dark.

I was going to go back at nighttime and see how it looked then, but got sidetracked by an afternoon appointment that took longer than expected so by the time I go back to the game I had completely forgotten about it.

I hope it is a legitimate improvement that stays with us and is not some transient unknown effect.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I saw a difference in the Psijic Villa. Maybe they re-did a few places. If memory serves, the Guardian's Helm in Volenfell used to be darker; I'm pretty sure I remember it bring a dark, cavernous place, but when I went through it yesterday it was quite bright.
    Edited by BretonMage on May 27, 2022 5:23AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found another really bright spot at Old Mistveil Manor. I have a small cemetery to the left of the barn that I had a couple of small candles and a blue light brazier in and it was always semi dark. Well it looked like bright daylight every time I checked it today so I removed the brazier, but it was still too bright. Then I realized that the light was coming through the barn wall from a sconce inside the barn. That sconce had been there a long time and never shined through the wall before. Something weird is going on.
    PCNA